XBLM not XBLA?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I really wouldn't mind seeing the marketplace and Xbox Live Arcade split into two different platforms.  The marketplace is for Xbox originals, and Xbox Live Arcade is for XBLA titles.  I think it's going to be strange seeing posts about Geometry Wars 2 next to posts about Jade Empire, next to posts about new DLC coming to Burnout Paradise.

Anyone agree with me here?

fourserioux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fourserioux

I have to disagree on that one actually, it's the overall online service to be discussed, games and services a like.  If you want to post about specific games then you can by all means go to the game specific forum.

The Arcade is part of the Marketplace, so it makes sense for it to be together, and the people interested in Arcade games are likely also interested in the rest of the marketplace so it's easier to keep it all together.
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
FourSerioux said:
"The Arcade is part of the Marketplace, so it makes sense for it to be together, and the people interested in Arcade games are likely also interested in the rest of the marketplace so it's easier to keep it all together."
Using that logic, the marketplace is part of Xbox 360, so it would make sense for there not to be a marketplace platform in the first place, and everything should just fall under "Xbox 360."  And personally, I'm very interested in XBLA titles, and have no interest at all in Xbox originals, most of which can be found used at GameStop for several dollars less than the 1200 MSP price.  Not only that, but you get an actual physical disc that you can loan, trade, or sell as you desire.

I do thank you for sharing your opinion, but I'm afraid we disagree.
patrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By patrick

Agree with Insomniac, it's a weird distinction to group the Marketplace stuff together like this.

BranDong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By BranDong

Doesn't look like many people have found this board yet so it's probably not going to be a problem seeing any jade empire posts here...    btw... am I spelling doesn't wrong.. or it just not a word...

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By roofy

the new dashboard looks like it could do what you are hoping it to

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
BranDong said:
"Doesn't look like many people have found this board yet so it's probably not going to be a problem seeing any jade empire posts here...    btw... am I spelling doesn't wrong.. or it just not a word..."
Doesn't is a word, and you are spelling it correctly.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By RHCPfan24

I think that would be a good proposition.  That would clear some stuff up and would definitely make clear what Xbox Originals are and what XBLA games are.  Not a bad idea...

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

Actually roofy I think he means GB not XBL in general.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Jeff said they might separate those out. The same for WiiWare and Virtual console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.