Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

360 Disc Tray Woes

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zdgro

I have had this problem for a while but it recently became very shitty when I started playing ME3 again. Every time I need to eject the disc tray I have to use a paperclip under the tray because regular eject doesn't work... This means turning the system off every time ME3 tells me to change discs. Is there any way to permanently fix this so that the eject button actually works again.

My 360 is one of the early Pro models (loud as hell) if this makes any difference.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JasonR86

@ZGoon said:

I have had this problem for a while but it recently became very shitty when I started playing ME3 again. Every time I need to eject the disc tray I have to use a paperclip under the tray because regular eject doesn't work... This means turning the system off every time ME3 tells me to change discs. Is there any way to permanently fix this so that the eject button actually works again.

My 360 is one of the early Pro models (loud as hell) if this makes any difference.

My two 360's that died did this right before they died. The prognosis for your console isn't good dude.

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zdgro

@JasonR86: Pretty sure it's alright. I have had this problem for at least half a year.

Bawlsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bawlsz

@ZGoon: My 360 disc-tray has similar problems. It has to have a game in it for it to open easily, if not it just clicks and reads but the disc-tray does not open, only opens if you hit it, 360 is 2007 Elite model, had the problem for a few months now, played ME3 Omega DLC but that requires no disc swapping.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uhtaree

Slim time. Check around your local retailers for some holiday bundles, I saw a couple leftovers at my Walmart and Best Buy.

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By BrockSampson

My disc tray sticks if the system is vertical. If I turn it horizontal again it works fine. I have a jasper revision console.

L44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By L44

I've had this problem for 2 years now. I've gotten used to it, It dies when the temperature's over about 25 and is as loud as a hair dryer. Love my Xbox.

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zdgro

@aquamarin: I don't think I am gonna bother with new consoles coming soon.

@BrockSampson: I will try this... Even though my entertainment system set-up will no longer be neat and tidy (OCD)

gavingt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gavingt

I've fixed this problem countless times while working on other people's Xboxes. You need to open up your console, open the DVD drive, and then replace the rubber DVD drive belt. This is literally the easiest repair to do. The best thing to use as a replacement is a tiny rubber hair tie that looks like this:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.