Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

360 elite should be 249.99

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

I love my 360 cuz of all the games 

but even having played all that I played (and if I didnt own a 360 already) I would not buy one over the PS3. It has wi-fi and Blu Ray

Microsoft needs to get serious about their prices
    or maybe put wi fi in their consoles
    one of the two

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

I don't care about Wi-fi, nor do I care about blu-ray, I have my 360 because in my opinon it has superior games(again this is an opinion) I own a console because I want to play games on it. Not have Wi-fi.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Megalon

Well, they do have a $199 console, which makes it the cheapest available for this generation. I would say that makes them fairly "serious about their prices". 

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Lashe

The 360 Elite is worth the £199 it is over here. I think it's a pretty good price for the kit, and I'm not fussed with them changing it.  

Oh, that, and I own a 360 and don't indend on buying another so I couldn't care less about console price =].

SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By SlowHands

249.99 whats?  Dollars, euro, pounds?  You're forgetting the internet is an international thing.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Brendan
    @CL60 said:
    "I don't care about Wi-fi, nor do I care about blu-ray, I have my 360 because in my opinon it has superior games(again this is an opinion) I own a console because I want to play games on it. Not have Wi-fi. "

Agreed.  I have played many good games on the 360 that did without Blu-Ray, and I have seen many movies on Blu-Ray on PS3's/Blu-Ray players.  The sharper image did not make the movie any better.  Just doesn't matter to me I guess.
    Anarchist4Eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Anarchist4Eva

The 360 is a fine console. But I do have a contention with rising game prices that require more & more add-ons. That is one area where Sony could have made brownie points w/ consumers early. If M$ or Sony lowers prices past this point it will be near the end of the lifespan & sound the bell for new hardware launches. Hopefully this will be years for now. 

Nintendo is really the one that needs to rethink their pricing strategy. And that's coming from a lifelong Nintendo fan!

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan

I think the features such as wi-fi and Blu ray capabilities matter to people looking for that specifically, but if it is just some guy buying his kid a game console he is probably just going to look at the price tag

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By apathylad

I wonder how reliable the Elite is vs. the PS3 Slim. My friend's Elite recently got the E74 error I believe, or one of those system breaking errors. He sent it in so hopefully he gets it back soon.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PJ

I have both and IMO X360 is the better gaming platform whit a better controller, more games(IMO more great exclusives) and better online. I love watching Blu-Ray though. But I have my 360, PS3 and PC connected whit cable since they are like 1m form the Wi-Fi switch. All I really use my Wi-Fi for is my phone(Nokia N97), my iPod Touch and my notebook. And from my experience the internet works better on my PC then on my notebook and both have the same speed connections in the unit. So Wi-Fi isn't better when it comes to speed, the only plus is no wires and that doesn 't bother me since I cant see them.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I similarly believe that they should install Wi-fi into all models, rather than making you buy a $100 attachment. I mean, if people are going to talk down the Wii in favor of the Xbox, they should realize that the Wii has features that the Xbox doesn't, and should, right out of the box. 

An Elite for $250 would be a great deal if you have a wired connection, but the $300 price point is, in the end, a way to directly compete with Sony's PS3 Slim and is an attempt to show that they can outsell them even without price as a factor. This is just speculation.

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Reuben

If the 360's keep using the X clamps to put pressure on the CPU and GPU. I feel like it will always have problems. I can bend them like a bottle cap..I shouldn't be able to do that.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By teekomeeko

I could never see the appeal of wi-fi. Even when I put my PS3 in my basement for the projector I grab a spare 16-foot ethernet cable just to avoid using the wi-fi. It's a nice feature and it works extremely well on the PS3, but it shouldn't really be a deal-breaker. Blu-ray is more important to me thanks to Netflix.

The 360 seems to have a nice package for the $299 it is selling for, especially since it includes a better set of cable for HD and a headset.

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By tactis

I think its probably gonna be $249 once the pro sells out I would guess they would drop the arcade to $149 and the elite to $249.

SUBL1ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SUBL1ME

Microsoft should scuttle the Arcade, its useless and even casual gamers need a hard drive. Games have advanced way beyond needing a few KBs for save data. The Pro should be the basic package at $199, even the 60GB; memory is cheap these days Microsoft are just snake oil salesman trying to say otherwise. And the Elite is perfect at $299 but it should at least come with a Wi-Fi adaptor or built in Wi-Fi and maybe a game or something to justify the additional $100 other than having twice the storage capacity because as previously stated memory is cheap so a few more gigs and a black finish are not enough for $100.

Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Reuben
    @teekomeeko said:

" I could never see the appeal of wi-fi. Even when I put my PS3 in my basement for the projector I grab a spare 16-foot ethernet cable just to avoid using the wi-fi. It's a nice feature and it works extremely well on the PS3, but it shouldn't really be a deal-breaker. Blu-ray is more important to me thanks to Netflix.  The 360 seems to have a nice package for the $299 it is selling for, especially since it includes a better set of cable for HD and a headset. "

Actually..the new Elite only comes with composite cables now and a headset. No more HD cables out of the box.  Go to Major Nelson's site and look at the 360 price drop article. $100 off but no more hd cables.
    mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By mugugipan

split the difference
    get rid of the 360 arcade and sell the elite for $250.00

why are they making everything so complicated

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

All the price drops in the world wouldn't make up for all of the RRoD's.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iam3green

i think that it is at a fine price. i think that microsoft should have got rid of the arcade and put pro in it's place or they could have made the arcade have a hard drive. it would make more sense to do that then screw the people that want a pro. 

i have to say that i don't think microsoft is going to really see a big increase because i think that the people who wanted a 360 have already got one. they just lowered the price because sony lowered theirs. i think sony should have done that a long time ago.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

You should totally let Microsoft know about this.  I'm sure they'll change that price right away.  -_- 

The only things that I think the 360 doesn't have at the $299.99 price point against the PS3 is Blu-ray and a non-proprietary HDD that is swappable.  Other than that, 360 still has a leg up with all the features it offers on XBL.

reverendericd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By reverendericd
    @mugugipan: It is $250.00 @ dell.com with this coupon 
    6FWJ247J1P44CK  Cheerio!
    Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jiggah
    @jakob187 said:
    " You should totally let Microsoft know about this.  I'm sure they'll change that price right away.  -_-  The only things that I think the 360 doesn't have at the $299.99 price point against the PS3 is Blu-ray and a non-proprietary HDD that is swappable.  Other than that, 360 still has a leg up with all the features it offers on XBL. "

Built in wifi?  Free online service?
    Exlutonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Exlutonian
    @CL60 said:
    " I don't care about Wi-fi, nor do I care about blu-ray, I have my 360 because in my opinon it has superior games(again this is an opinion) I own a console because I want to play games on it. Not have Wi-fi. "
    Fair enough if you don't need Wi-Fi, but surely it is part of the console to play games. Online. In case you can't connect to an ethernet. 

But yeah, preference is preference. I need my 7th gen games console to have a big HD and wi-fi. Buying extras for my console instead of it doing it all out the box just isn't attractive to me.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By ravensword

I still think PS3 is the better deal for 299. Thats why I think 360 should be at 249.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.