Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Can I take my downloaded 360 stuff to a new hard drive?

Midgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Midgar

Ok So with all this great download-able content  and the possibility of being able to install games in the future. I was thinking about looking for a bigger hard drive than the 20 gig I have. Does anyone know how I would transfer all my things to the new hard drive? Will it just do it once I put my LIVE account on there and I can download them again? Or will I have to re-purchase everything?

Justaddwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Justaddwater

You can indeed, you get a data transfer kit with the hard drive. Or you could just download it all again. (no charge)

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush
    HERE is a link to Major Nelson's old post on how to transfer the licenses to your new 360.
    Midgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Midgar

Much appreciated guys!

Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Simsfreak14

Remember your Xbox Live account downloads are saved to your Console serial number, so if you try to download your DLC to another console it won't let you.

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Balls

yeah, it's another DRM thing! Grrrr..... that why people do things to get around it! Try mistake'm yeti serv.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike
    Simsfreak14 said:
    "Remember your Xbox Live account downloads are saved to your Console serial number, so if you try to download your DLC to another console it won't let you."
    Balls said:
    "yeah, it's another DRM thing! Grrrr..... that why people do things to get around it! Try mistake'm yeti serv."
    All of your licenses can now be transferred to a new console, this is allowed once per year (or as many times as necessary with replacement consoles sent to you by Microsoft).   I just did it with my newest 360 and the process was easy and worked perfectly.  Now, I can play all of my arcade games and use other content offline just like I could when it was used on the original console it was downloaded on.
    Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Balls

Oh, sweet, I had no idea!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.