Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Concerning Xbox Live player review's and complaint system.

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Grim_Fandango

Ok, this might seem old, but I find this problem rather irritating and unfair, especially someone who pays money for services like this.

So i'm playing World at War with a bunch of friends, were in party chat so no one can hear us, because we honestly don't want to interact with those clan members who like to taunt there opponents. Now it happens rather periodically, but after every night, when my friends go offline, I check my rep on my file, it goes down slightly everytime, most of which goes to unsporting conduct.

Now I checked what that meant, means to team kill, drive the wrong way, etc. Now here is the problem, i'm team deathmatch, you can't team kill, everyone else party chats, so that's why i'm not talking, if I am aggressive, you don't know because you are not in my party chat. Now the thing i'm worried about is that I believe at somepoint in time i'm gonna be banned, my rep runs at a low 50/50, before the update, it was roughly 65-35.

Do you get a second appeal? Anything to retrieve if I were to be banned, because it's sort of unfair for getting shitcanned for something I either didn't, or they didn't know I was doing, I play by the rules (i've had my fair share of hate mail... Odd reasoning being that many accuse me of cheating... That still manages to baffle me as to why people make such rude statements.)

SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By SlowHands
    @Grim_Fandango:  Are you good at the game?  Something like this has happened to me a few times:  I do particularly well in a game and people on the other team rate me down because of that.  It is childish and it exposes the flaws of the system, the people.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Absurd
    @SlowHands said:
    " @Grim_Fandango:  Are you good at the game?  Something like this has happened to me a few times:  I do particularly well in a game and people on the other team rate me down because of that.  It is childish and it exposes the flaws of the system, the people. "
    Yep, You'll probably get a negative rating if you shit on people a little too much.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

Completely ignore that stupid system, it's utterly abusable by sore losers, before SFII HDRemix came out (and hence I didn't play much online) I had a few negative tags for not using a microphone, and some 'unsporting' conduct (IE, Winning)

After HDRemix i'm something like 87% avoided, I never cheat, glitch, hack, disconnect, or do anything outside the rules or limits of the game. Yet I have 60% avoided for 'unsporting conduct' and 34% fo "quitting early" it's complete fucking lies.

I just ignore it, the system isn't worth the bytes of code that make it up, even the procedure for filing complaints against cheaters only works if hundreds and hundreds of people report one person. And with stupid clans and shit wandering around even that is abusable. Just pay it no mind at all, ignore it.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Explanation of the myths of xbox live

Reporting system.
    1.The reporting system is only automatic concering activities modding the xbox, If you are banned for this it is not a mistake microsoft is not stupid, other reports are handled by human hands.
    2.there are about 150 Xbox live enforcers are paid to look at reports do research into acitivites of a person...ect  All reports are looked at and those with merit are escalated to personel and Xbox enforcers capable of looking into data such as games played, voice conversations, text conversations, and the like if the report was right then punishment is given out, A person with multiple reports for the same reason goes up with the list, but mass reporting doesn't particularly matter a single report makes it onto the list and if its got merit beyond first glance it is looked into, One never has to worry about mass reporting if you have done nothing againest the CoC then you have nothing to worry about no matter how much people report you if there is no proof then no punishment.
    3. PEOPLE do get banned it happens every day on xbox live, I me personally have gotten quite a few people suspended and outright banned for cheating, puting filthy language in their bio/motto personally attacking others over PM, and in game chat.

Myths about rep.
    1.Rep is just a rating system it means nothing it will not keep you from playing more games, getting into rooms...ect It is simply a visual representation of what people think of you and sadly like any rating system it can be abused but it means nothing if your a good player then you have nothing to worry about one thing to make sure is when you make new friends give them good rep you will likely receive good rep back thus balancing it out most of the time.
    2.Rep is NEVER, NEVER EVER EVER looked at when banning, punishment and the like is dolled out, You cannot and i repeat cannot get banned for having low rep, People can rep you to 1 star to hell and back and it won't even be noticed by Xbox live enforcers.  So ignore rep if you have low rep for no reason it pretty much means nothing.

@ The_A_Drain
    Thats actually not true there is no need for mass reporting to get rid of cheaters, if someone is cheating and you report them then it is looked into, the data available to xbox enforcers is mind bogling.

P.S: I REPEAT the Rep and complaint system are in no way connected.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ParanoidFreak
    @The_A_Drain:

Fighting games seem to be the worst for that. I also noticed that people use the rep and complaint system as the same thing quite often.
    ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpendingFoil

The rep system is broken.

Before I started playing Blazblue my rep was like 80% liked and 20% unliked.  After playing Blazblue for only 3 days my rep became 44% liked and 56% unliked. Somehow with only 3 days of playing I was able to absoluetly tank my rep score that I had for the previous 3 years.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @WilliamRLBaker:

I can only speak from personal experience, i've reported cheaters glitchers and the like several times, and seen them repeatedly after reporting them despite knowing for a fact that they break the rules. But i'm equally aware it's a huge service with millions of users and perhaps I just had a bad experience.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crunchUK

my rep is about 12/88. Almost all for "unsporting". It doesn't do anyting to get you banned, actually the whole sytstem is pointless, bungie said that avoidibng or preferring makes no difference at all.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " I me personally have gotten quite a few people suspended and outright banned for cheating, puting filthy language in their bio/motto personally attacking others over PM, and in game chat.Myths about rep.
    Why would you do that bolded part? That just seems stupid and you go out of your way to try and get people banned.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I got some reports for trash talking, when I didn't even have a mic...

Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grim_Fandango
    @WilliamRLBaker: Thanks, that's all I needed as clarification.
    Grim_Fandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grim_Fandango
    @SlowHands: I'm decent at the game, I just get lucky and win alot, but I play with a really good group of friends, we support each other, we have our roles to play, I just play the game the way the developers want me to play, so no one can shit talk me, and I party chat so no one can bother me, call me a cheater, etc... I've had so much hate mail, it's almost unbearable...
    T0mF5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By T0mF5
    @Grim_Fandango said:
    "@SlowHands: I'm decent at the game, I just get lucky and win alot, but I play with a really good group of friends, we support each other, we have our roles to play, I just play the game the way the developers want me to play, so no one can shit talk me, and I party chat so no one can bother me, call me a cheater, etc... I've had so much hate mail, it's almost unbearable..."

It sounds like you are really good at the game.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @CL60 said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " I me personally have gotten quite a few people suspended and outright banned for cheating, puting filthy language in their bio/motto personally attacking others over PM, and in game chat.Myths about rep.
    Why would you do that bolded part? That just seems stupid and you go out of your way to try and get people banned. "
    Um cause i can, Um cause its against COC, Um cause there are kids on the service, Um cause filty language to me is saying things like "I kill fucking porch monkies, sand niggers....etc...."

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Azteck

I think it's amusing reading my rep from time to time, especially if it's completely invalid. I play the games like they were meant to, and sometimes you get shit for it by some sour people.

I don't think you should worry about it, just keep on killing the enemy.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Palantas

People give you bad rep just for beating them.  Don't worry about it.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By keyhunter

I give people with stupid gamertags a bad rep. And british people. And anyone who talks in a foreign language to their mother in the background, and 10 year olds, and people listening to bad music, and then file a complaint for cheating.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By grilledcheez

Rep doesn't matter for anything...and all complaints have to be reviewed, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.  I've been suspended once and I deserved it lol.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stang

80% bad rep here. People are little bitches, I guess they feel better about their beat down by shitting on your rep. Who cares though. Anybody who places any amount of importance on their xbox live rep level needs to get their head checked.

GoodKn1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GoodKn1ght
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " Myths about rep.
    2.Rep is NEVER, NEVER EVER EVER looked at when banning, punishment and the like is dolled out, You cannot and i repeat cannot get banned for having low rep, People can rep you to 1 star to hell and back and it won't even be noticed by Xbox live enforcers.  So ignore rep if you have low rep for no reason it pretty much means nothing.@ The_A_DrainThats actually not true there is no need for mass reporting to get rid of cheaters, if someone is cheating and you report them then it is looked into, the data available to xbox enforcers is mind bogling.P.S: I REPEAT the Rep and complaint system are in no way connected. "
    that's what i was gonna say...
    TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#23  Edited By TobyD81
    @The_A_Drain said:
    "...I had a few negative tags for not using a microphone... "
    That's fucking lame. Much of the time I don't use a mic, and that's because I just don't feel like talking to people. If the game isn't effected, it shouldn't be an issue.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @TobyD81 said:
    " @The_A_Drain said:
    "...I had a few negative tags for not using a microphone... "
    That's fucking lame. Much of the time I don't use a mic, and that's because I just don't feel like talking to people. If the game isn't effected, it shouldn't be an issue. "

Yeah but I don't mind people neg-repping me for not using a mic on team games like Gears of War though, which is where at least some of it comes from.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iam3green

i say don't worry about it. yes, people are going to give u bad rep because u beat them. maybe u shouldn't play it so much because thats where the bad rep i coming from.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26  Edited By natetodamax

Don't worry about it. My rep right now is 30% preferred, 70% avoided.  It's unlikely you will be banned for Unsporting Conduct because the people avoiding you just got frustrated with the game

pureguava76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pureguava76

OK - have a question that I don't think I have seen yet. Everyone is saying how the Avoid% etc. doesn't affect the games and rooms you can join, however isn't it true that in XBOX matchmaking there are filters that can be set by the games creator?

Also, can somone disect this mess? 
    http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/xboxlive/playxboxlive/matchmaking/matchmaking.aspx

How does your rep. and rankings in various areas affect XBOX live Matchmaking technology?

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ouroboros

You will never get banned for bad rep, you'll only get banned for breaking the TOS 

@pureguava76: Matchmaking just helps better pair you with people, it's pretty useless as most times if you like playing with someone you'll just add them to your friends list and go from there.  Theoretically if you dont like playing with someone it will try not to pair you with them in the future but if you two are the only ones playing, for example, you'll be paired with them again.

SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By SgtReznor

i don't think i've ever seen someone with 1 star.

I don't even know why Rep is even there. It's absolutely pointless

bulletbeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bulletbeast

dont worry, rep and getting banned are totally different things. shit like team kills will lower ur rep but the only way u can get banned is if loads of players report you to the system
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @SgtReznor said:
    " i don't think i've ever seen someone with 1 star.  I don't even know why Rep is even there. It's absolutely pointless "
    Yeah I don't quite understand how that part of it works. I've seen a couple people with 3 stars, some 4s, but mostly 5s. 

What I don't understand is why I have 5 stars, yet my avoid rate is like 80% (mostly from winning at SF and other fighters)
    SgtReznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By SgtReznor
    @The_A_Drain said:
    " @SgtReznor said:
    " i don't think i've ever seen someone with 1 star.  I don't even know why Rep is even there. It's absolutely pointless "
    Yeah I don't quite understand how that part of it works. I've seen a couple people with 3 stars, some 4s, but mostly 5s.  What I don't understand is why I have 5 stars, yet my avoid rate is like 80% (mostly from winning at SF and other fighters) "
    if i see someone with a 3 star (i don't think i've even seen a 2-star before?), it doesn't make me think "this person is a bad player", i just immediately think "oh, you must be new"
    karneh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By karneh

Everyone loves me, I have no bad rep :)

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @SgtReznor said:
    " @The_A_Drain said:
    " @SgtReznor said:
    Yeah I don't quite understand how that part of it works. I've seen a couple people with 3 stars, some 4s, but mostly 5s.  What I don't understand is why I have 5 stars, yet my avoid rate is like 80% (mostly from winning at SF and other fighters) "
    if i see someone with a 3 star (i don't think i've even seen a 2-star before?), it doesn't make me think "this person is a bad player", i just immediately think "oh, you must be new" "
    Same. I don't even think of the stars as rep anymore. Just a way to tell if someone is new to Xbox Live. I think that either the system should be completely revamped or just done away with all together.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By flaminghobo

The system is really bad and people abuse it all the time, it should pretty much go in my opinion.

fmfmedic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By fmfmedic

I know it's abused, logic says so, but it still rankled when I finally saw my rep after playing for a year or so.   My rep is 25% avoidance, all for unsporting behavior. I play online mostly in a party with my son and friends - using private chat.  I'm 61 and a vietnam vet.  I CAN'T just run around shooting and dying, so I play pretty conservative.  I'm not that good and after a year I'm still only at level 47, first time around.    I don't cheat, I don't talk trash, I don't run the wrong way (In CoD?, the wrong way?, is there one?), and I don't leave early without good reason.  The only thing I do when online by myself that some wouldn't like is jump on the bigots making racial slurs and using extremely offensive language.  I figure that's why I'm avoided, and it's a compliment.  I don't like playing with bigots, or listening to offensive language and I'd just as soon they avoid me also.

redbeastx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By redbeastx13

There needs to be a better way to do it. All we do is suggest 3 buttons and the problem is solved? No. I ran into a guy online tonight who was very offensive. I was able to shrug him off but I shouldn't of needed to. I could tell everyone was giving him an avoid player review. He was insulting my dialect, insulting my family, playing ability (God forbid I have  a real life and don't dedicate myself to a GAME) and used some VERY shocking language (going as far as to use the N word to my shock). There needs to be a better way of keeping track of these people. There need to be people who are on a list to player warning them about how they behave and speak, and should only be friended after the player has gotten to know them and has decided that they don't mind his or her flaws. I'm just saying that I don't want what happened to me and by brother to happen to anyone else. He started out being very disruptive and went on to become shockingly rude, repeating the same insults again and again. To anyone who wants to now (I'm looking at you Microsoft) his name was BEAVERTIME. He is a player that is to be avoided. He is easily excitable and easy to provoke, even when you are siding with him. I would avoid him at all cost.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @redbeastx13 said:
    There needs to be a better way to do it. All we do is suggest 3 buttons and the problem is solved? No. I ran into a guy online tonight who was very offensive. I was able to shrug him off but I shouldn't of needed to. I could tell everyone was giving him an avoid player review. He was insulting my dialect, insulting my family, playing ability (God forbid I have  a real life and don't dedicate myself to a GAME) and used some VERY shocking language (going as far as to use the N word to my shock). There needs to be a better way of keeping track of these people. There need to be people who are on a list to player warning them about how they behave and speak, and should only be friended after the player has gotten to know them and has decided that they don't mind his or her flaws. I'm just saying that I don't want what happened to me and by brother to happen to anyone else. He started out being very disruptive and went on to become shockingly rude, repeating the same insults again and again. To anyone who wants to now (I'm looking at you Microsoft) his name was BEAVERTIME. He is a player that is to be avoided. He is easily excitable and easy to provoke, even when you are siding with him. I would avoid him at all cost.
    1) Go into your settings, and turn voice chat to "friends only".

2) Don't just file a player review (which is related to rep), file a complaint (which is related to someone breaking Microsoft's terms of service agreement).  Trash talking and even basic profanity isn't against the TOS, especially when it's an M rated title.  Personal attacks and hate speech ARE against the TOS, and you can certainly report people who violate that agreement. 

3) Speaking of player reviews, filing one of those means that you shouldn't be matched with that player in the future, so it would be best to file both.  
    Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
    deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen anyone with anything less than 100% positive (except for new people who are building it up). Some people are real dicks and I wish the avoid player button would do exactly what it says, not ruin their rep making me a hypocrite (dick 2)... which is why I don't use it. I did report hackers for modding once in Halo Reach, it wasn't a custom game type, I can't remember what they were doing though. Also I think I was a hater when I first played Forza 2 online and the competition was driving the wrong way, I should have just used the opportunity to gain some win achievements.

aldo_q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By aldo_q

@keyhunter said:

I give people with stupid gamertags a bad rep. And british people. And anyone who talks in a foreign language to their mother in the background, and 10 year olds, and people listening to bad music, and then file a complaint for cheating.

English is a foreign language where I'm from ;)

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By keyhunter
    @aldo_q said:

@keyhunter said:

English is a foreign language where I'm from ;)

Good for you old cock. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.