Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Do you think the Xbox 360 arcade is going to get better?

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
    deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

In other words, do you think we will be seeing more original titles like Braid on the arcade? Or do you think Microsoft is going to continue pumping out streamlined ports of old games that have lost their luster?

Braid  proves that you don't need to have a big budget to make an awesome game, so I think it'd be a shame if we didn't see anymore titles of this nature. Realistically, though, a big budget usually means big profits, so I don't think big game companies will be developing games exclusively for the arcade anytime soon. However, Braid's great reception so far with gamers sways me to believe that perhaps Microsoft will be releasing more games on the arcade created by indie developers, which in my mind would be a good thing. So the wishful part of me says yes, I think the arcade will get better.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

I don't think they'll keep pumping out shitty ports very much anymore.  Especially with the playstation store having such good original games.  I think microsoft  noticed that and decided they needed original games too. 

What I'm worried about is the normal price going up to $15 like braid.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Vaxadrin

If they put a ton of $15 games on the service, but all are the same quality as Braid, then I am 100% all for it.

G0rd0nFr33m4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By G0rd0nFr33m4n

I'm looking forward to the Banjo Kazooie release, and hopefully a $15 version of Conker: Live and Reloaded [I wanna play that online, but don't own the game :(  ]

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Rowr

They are letting the XNA club slave for them.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By kush

I would love to see more games like Braid/GeoWars2 etc coming out all the time...it would be amazing.

psr388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By psr388

looks like it

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf

I think it will only get better. The larger the archive the better it will be in general.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By BlindEffekt

It can only get better if you think about it.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By DualReaver

I think it's already pretty good.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Bennyishere

With the titles in Summer of Arcade, I'm confident XBLA is better than ever.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By LightYagami245

I think the Arcade is getting better. More people are buying from it now than ever IMO.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blu_Magic

Well I don't see it getting worse or just staying the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly do, I think MS is taking a hint from the PS Store games, and instead of doing remakes all the time (ie Uno etc), they are starting to get into more original titles such as Braid, which I think is the right direction.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422

It all depends on the developers of whatever crazy original games come out of the indie scene really...and if microsoft decides to pick them up or not... but yeah, while there is a place for them, just constantly adding remake after remake of a classic game isn't going to work anymore..they really need to try to be original and make good choices of new things.

shadowjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shadowjak

It won't top PS3's arcade (if you call me a fanboy here your an idiot and will forever be condemned to videogame hell forced to sit in a dark room with no windows and wiifit and must soberly play it for all eternity), but it's slightly improving, I mean now they're actually trying with to XBLA games, look at Castle Crashers

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlindEffekt

What does PS3 have for arcade games?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#18  Edited By Vinchenzo
    shadowjak said:
    "It won't top PS3's arcade (if you call me a fanboy here your an idiot and will forever be condemned to videogame hell forced to sit in a dark room with no windows and wiifit and must soberly play it for all eternity), but it's slightly improving, I mean now they're actually trying with to XBLA games, look at Castle Crashers"
    As of right now, I would say the XBLA is the better. (Hey, if you don't call me a fanboy I won't call you one.) Not everybody likes games like Braid, some like nostalgic classics, others like cookie-cutter shooters, etc. Simply put, XBLA has more options in both range of games and number of games available. PSN undoubtedly has some unique titles, though.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By crunchUK

i hate XBLA when ofcourse for MS points you can easily get a good game second hand

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By LightYagami245
    Vinchenzo said:
    "shadowjak said:
    "It won't top PS3's arcade (if you call me a fanboy here your an idiot and will forever be condemned to videogame hell forced to sit in a dark room with no windows and wiifit and must soberly play it for all eternity), but it's slightly improving, I mean now they're actually trying with to XBLA games, look at Castle Crashers"
    As of right now, I would say the XBLA is the better. (Hey, if you don't call me a fanboy I won't call you one.) Not everybody likes games like Braid, some like nostalgic classics, others like cookie-cutter shooters, etc. Simply put, XBLA has more options in both range of games and number of games available. PSN undoubtedly has some unique titles, though."
    I agree. I'm not interested in braid, but there are other arcade games on XBLA that I'm interested in, which is good since it is versatile.
    Avatar image for chaingangsoldier
    ChainGangSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#21  Edited By ChainGangSoldier

Lol I haven't even got Braid yet.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Riddler
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Karmum

I think it is pretty phenomenal so far, and it is getting better and better.

I mean, Darwinia was announced for the XBLA (it is on Steam, pretty awesome game), The Dishwasher seems very...gory, Duke Nukem 3D has a 08 release date, Doom II: Hell on Earth is rumored, both GTA I and GTA II are rumored to make there way over there, Megaman 9 is coming (also on PSN and Wii Store), Quake Arena Arcade is coming, Banjo-Kazooie is confirmed, Banjo-Tooie is rumored, Sam and Max Season One & Two are rumored, Portal: Still Alive, second Penny Arcade game that has not been announced, with many more games.

Looks like a sweet lineup.

gameshark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By gameshark5

yeah there'll be more eventually, its better off not being rushed though

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlindEffekt
    Vinchenzo said:
    "shadowjak said:
    As of right now, I would say the XBLA is the better. (Hey, if you don't call me a fanboy I won't call you one.) Not everybody likes games like Braid, some like nostalgic classics, others like cookie-cutter shooters, etc. Simply put, XBLA has more options in both range of games and number of games available. PSN undoubtedly has some unique titles, though."
    Are we talking arcade games, or originals in PS3's case?
    If original games, i don't really think that fits in the criteria of  "arcade" games.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlindEffekt said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "shadowjak said:
    Are we talking arcade games, or originals in PS3's case?
    If original games, i don't really think that fits in the criteria of  "arcade" games.
    "
    Is Bionic Commando or Braid an 'arcade title'? We are talking about the general XBLM games, from Braid to Uno .
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wolverine

Maybe, I think they might give the arcade a hdd soon though.

Echelon730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Echelon730

This month's arcade line up is freaking amazing.

Seriously Braid is one of the best puzzle games I have ever played, Bionic Commando is classic hardcore greatness, pub games is nice game to relax with,  and no one complains about geometry wars 2!.

LIVE is getting better for sure But I think a more stable pattern of new games and classic remakes needs to be done. Like the 1st and 3rd week of the month should be classic remakes/old school stuff and the 2nd and 4th week should be new IPs
    BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BlindEffekt

Think about this. There's no way the arcade could get worse.
    Even if the games that come out later on are crap, its only adding to the catalog and variety.

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ubergeist

It's starting to get way better, to the point where I'm actually anticipating some releases. Castle Crashers is going to be amazing, Braid is amazing. Bionic Commando is great too and I hope they remake games the way they did this one. Vigilante 8 Arcade looks to be a good remake. Now if only they remade Goldeneye.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By hazelnutman

*looks at Braid*
    Yep, they're getting better

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wolverine

It is getting a price drop in September to $199.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.