Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

F**k you microsoft, you hear that?

• 131 results
    simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By simon1

After I had the RROD the 3rd time, i sent my 360 off for repair which I received back 2 weeks ago. 
    45 mins ago, turned on the 360 and YET AGAIN, RROD.  Switched it back on and seemed ok until the screen froze just like the last time it.  

To say i'm a bit pissed is an understatement.  360 is a great machine when working but really microsoft, this is a complete joke!!!!

simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By simon1

After I had the RROD the 3rd time, i sent my 360 off for repair which I received back 2 weeks ago. 
    45 mins ago, turned on the 360 and YET AGAIN, RROD.  Switched it back on and seemed ok until the screen froze just like the last time it.  

To say i'm a bit pissed is an understatement.  360 is a great machine when working but really microsoft, this is a complete joke!!!!

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

Play some manic miner.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang

What did you expect? They send you a refurb unit which has most likely also flashed red lights. I have gone through my fair share of refurbs also. After my last one died, I said fuck it and bought a Jasper arcade.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By spankingaddict

isnt it obvious, 360 is the worst piece of crap system ever released.......

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MrRedwine

Dude, that sucks.

I hope you can resolve the situation to your satisfaction somehow.  I think Stang has a good idea there.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scooper

Buy a PS3. I haven't yet since my 2nd 360 is doing fine atm (although I'm only playing Street Fighter IV on it now) but when it dies again the warrenty will most likely be out and I will just go and buy a system that doesn't fail so much.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang
    @Scooper said:
    " Buy a PS3. "
    Get that blasphemy out of here!
    simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By simon1

For me though it's the principle. How many more people are just going to bend over and take it from microsoft.?  That's what microsoft want the most, buy a console, RROD, try and fix it, RROD again so people pay for another 360.  Microsoft say thank you very much. 

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Babble
    @simon1 said:

" After I had the RROD the 3rd time, i sent my 360 off for repair which I received back 2 weeks ago. 45 mins ago, turned on the 360 and YET AGAIN, RROD.  Switched it back on and seemed ok until the screen froze just like the last time it.   To say i'm a bit pissed is an understatement.  360 is a great machine when working but really microsoft, this is a complete joke!!!! "

Should have asked them to send you back the same console, rather then some refurb one. That's what I did. 

@simon1 said:
    " For me though it's the principle. How many more people are just going to bend over and take it from microsoft.?  That's what microsoft want the most, buy a console, RROD, try and fix it, RROD again so people pay for another 360.  Microsoft say thank you very much.  "
    Also, do you realize how much it costs Microsoft to fix RROD? It isn't part of some diabolical plan to sell more consoles.
    Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Illmatic

I'm on my fourth xbox 360 right now. I swear, if it RROD's again I'm prob either gonna get a Jasper. I won't like it and I'll be muttering "Fuck you Microsoft," all the way to the cashier but I'm a damn gamer so my hobby compels me.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By natetodamax

If I see another one of these retarded threads, I'm going to punch a baby.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stang
    @simon1 said:
    " For me though it's the principle. How many more people are just going to bend over and take it from microsoft.?  That's what microsoft want the most, buy a console, RROD, try and fix it, RROD again so people pay for another 360.  Microsoft say thank you very much.  "
    I hear ya man. The fact of the matter is Microsoft makes shit hardware. The Jasper is their last chance to redeem themselves (itself?), but for a lot of us the trust is all but gone. Sadly, I am addicted to SFIV as if it were heroine, and I had to do what I had to do.
    simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By simon1

Luckily for me, I've already got a PS3.

herreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By herreno

Yay. Another "fuck you microsoft" thread.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MeierTheRed

Ah yes shitty hardware, isn't it glorious. There is no wonder why the 360 sales numbers are so high, when most people at least buy two of them, me included. Next time i´m  not going to bother getting repaired or buying a new one, i have given Microsoft enough money for faulty hardware, and my ass feels sore, it can´t take the ramming no more.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By EdIsCool

1 year and 11 months of xbox ownership..not a glitch yet.Keep it going microsoft.
    Its a bit disingenous to say I'm on my fourth xbox, you're not really you've had 1 xbox and 2 pieces of shit.A brand new box hasnt failed on you 3 times.Only one brand new box has failed on you. It is crappy for Microsoft to send out badly refurbed boxes though and of course crappy that they completely ignored they own engineers and didnt put in enough cooling.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I personally found it easier to fix it yourself.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stang
    @EdIsCool said:
    " 1 year and 11 months of xbox ownership..not a glitch yet.Keep it going microsoft. Its a bit disingenous to say I'm on my fourth xbox, you're not really you've had 1 xbox and 2 pieces of shit.A brand new box hasnt failed on you 3 times.Only one brand new box has failed on you. "
    So getting a replacement from MS, thats sole purpose is to work correctly but ends up dying just like all the others does not count? Huh? 

I know my grammar is 12 types of fucked up in that last sentence. Calling myself out before somebody else does.
    Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Metroid545
    @Stang said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " Buy a PS3. "
    Get that blasphemy out of here! "
    they are actually a great system. As for the RROD I totally agree, we pay big $ for cheap pieces of crap but the games are soo good argh microsoft why!
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RsistncE

FUCK all you assholes that are criticizing people who are pissed at MS. If I go out and buy a $500 product I expect a company to stand behind it especially if there is a recurring problem due to THEIR shitty manufacturing process. That's what warranty is for. I expect nothing less than a lifetime warranty for something like RROD.

@Babble: I don't give a flying fuck about how much it costs MS to fix RROD. If they don't fix it and the consumer ends up buying another console out of frustration that's bullshit. They should be sent the newest model to prevent the same recurring problem from happening. Simple.

I guess this is starting to hit home for me too, because my first 360 RROD'd and the one they sent me works fine, it's only frozen once, but has a shitty ass disc drive that jams and has to be pushed down so it opens. On top of that I only have 3-4 months left on my warranty...so I'm kinda hoping it RROD's and they send me a newer, more reliable unit.

simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By simon1
    @natetodamax said:
    " If I see another one of these retarded threads, I'm going to punch a baby. "
    Please tell me why it's retarded?.  Maybe we should all keep nice and quiet and just give microsoft more of our money.  It's Microsoft in the wrong, not us consumers. 

ps, 
    I actually had the console repaired, not a refurbished one sent out.
    chrisser665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chrisser665

Huh... and console gamers are always complaining that  PCs cost too much.  I guess they don't cost that much when you factor in re-purchasing a broken product as many times as some XBOX owners have... (like 3 or 4 times...)  I'm not attacking fanboys, I'm just sayin'... looks like initial estimates were off the mark, is all.

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EdIsCool

What I mean is that, if a person says that they are on they are on their fourth xbox many people will assume that they are on their fourth new xbox and will assume that the build quality is truly truly atrocious.The fact that two of them were shoddy refurbs means that the build quality is not as bad as the above statement might lead you to believe.
    I'm not defending Microsoft I just was intrigued at how that statement could be interpreted.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Scooper
    @Metroid545 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " Buy a PS3. "
    Get that blasphemy out of here! "
    they are actually a great system. As for the RROD I totally agree, we pay big $ for cheap pieces of crap but the games are soo good argh microsoft why! "
    Yeah, it's a shame the 360 hardware is badly made because the games are amazing. I want Japanese build quality in all my shit!
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Babble
    @RsistncE said:

" FUCK all you assholes that are criticizing people who are pissed at MS. If I go out and buy a $500 product I expect a company to stand behind it especially if there is a recurring problem due to THEIR shitty manufacturing process. That's what warranty is for. I expect nothing less than a lifetime warranty for something like RROD.

@Babble: I don't give a flying fuck about how much it costs MS to fix RROD. If they don't fix it and the consumer ends up buying another console out of frustration that's bullshit. They should be sent the newest model to prevent the same recurring problem from happening. Simple.  I guess this is starting to hit home for me too, because my first 360 RROD'd and the one they sent me works fine, it's only frozen once, but has a shitty ass disc drive that jams and has to be pushed down so it opens. On top of that I only have 3-4 months left on my warranty...so I'm kinda hoping it RROD's and they send me a newer, more reliable unit. "

Hey, I've had RROD before as well, don't shoot the messenger.

I merely stating that the OP was insinuating that MS has consoles RROD on purpose so they can make money. That isn't true for obvious reasons. Read the post I quoted next time.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RsistncE
    @Babble: The freak out was more aimed at the people who came in here rolling their eyes at the thread.

Obviously MS isn't doing it on purpose (wouldn't it be great if they were though?), but it doesn't change the fact that they willingly made shitty hardware so they could get it out on the market sooner. There is no excuse for that and they should cover the consumer who bought their product 100% of the way. It's like telling your wife to get in shape and when she asks you to come along to the gym with her you whine and say, "But it hurrrttsss."
    EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EdIsCool

I'll go along with you some of the way.To not fix it was the worst crime though , they brought out a new mobo last year.But the issue should have been addressed immidiately.

Avatar image for relentlessknight
    RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#28  Edited By RelentlessKnight

Should of brought a 360 cooler. Chill out.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By I_smell

I've had mine for over a year and nobody I know has ever even heard of RROD.

You guys are weird, stay away from my Xbox.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EvilTwin

We're rolling our eyes at this thread because people only get up in arms about the RRoD when it happens to them.  Everyone knows the 360 is poorly designed, and most of us have probably had at least one RRoD ourselves.  You just don't have to make a topic about it every time it happens. 

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Babble
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Babble: The freak out was more aimed at the people who came in here rolling their eyes at the thread.

Obviously MS isn't doing it on purpose (wouldn't it be great if they were though?), but it doesn't change the fact that they willingly made shitty hardware so they could get it out on the market sooner. There is no excuse for that and they should cover the consumer who bought their product 100% of the way. It's like telling your wife to get in shape and when she asks you to come along to the gym with her you whine and say, "But it hurrrttsss." "
    Yeah, I guess I just don't see the point at coming on to an internet forum just to say "Fuck you MS". It doesn't do anyone any good.
    ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By ht101

I had the red ring about a year and a half ago but I think my Xbox right now is moving in that direction.  Fortunately, I still have a box from Microsoft since I thought I had RROD earlier this summer so I got a box from them before they discontinued that practice so if it does RR, then I can send it back in their box.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
    deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sorry bro, i got the E 74, and got mine back today, here's to hoping it lasts!  Unfortunately bad luck just happens.

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By LeetBalla

Bought my 360 the day it came out and I have not had one problem with it yet.

simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By simon1
    @EvilTwin said:
    " We're rolling our eyes at this thread because people only get up in arms about the RRoD when it happens to them.  Everyone knows the 360 is poorly designed, and most of us have probably had at least one RRoD ourselves.  You just don't have to make a topic about it every time it happens.  "
    Lets just say I decided to put it on my blog, more so out of frustration with microsoft than getting any replies.  it's my choice if i want to say something and if you are sick of these common complaints/comments, why 1) read them and even more 2) even bother to write a reply?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Stang
    @LeetBalla said:
    "

Bought my 360 the day it came out and I have not had one problem with it yet.

"
    Buy a lottery ticket, now! I have had every hardware revision, each of which has mocked me with flashing red lights. Guess I am just an unlucky bastard.
    simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By simon1
    @Babble said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    " @Babble: The freak out was more aimed at the people who came in here rolling their eyes at the thread.

Obviously MS isn't doing it on purpose (wouldn't it be great if they were though?), but it doesn't change the fact that they willingly made shitty hardware so they could get it out on the market sooner. There is no excuse for that and they should cover the consumer who bought their product 100% of the way. It's like telling your wife to get in shape and when she asks you to come along to the gym with her you whine and say, "But it hurrrttsss." "
    Yeah, I guess I just don't see the point at coming on to an internet forum just to say "Fuck you MS". It doesn't do anyone any good. "
    maybe, just maybe someone from Microsoft reads these forums (long shot i know). 
    Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Herreno said:
    " Yay. Another "fuck you microsoft" thread. "
    With stories like this, there shall never be enough imo
    simon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By simon1
    @addictedtopinescent said:
    " @Herreno said:
    " Yay. Another "fuck you microsoft" thread. "
    With stories like this, there shall never be enough imo "
    agree 100%
    EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EdIsCool

hmmWha? none of the posts I've seen have been written in blood.. so no Microsoft employees dont read these boards or at leasr they dont post

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CL60

Whats the big deal? If it's a E74, or a RROD, MS will replace the console for free or repair it for free. Even if it is out of warranty.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RsistncE
    @Babble: Well forums are really just a place for people to get together and socialize. They're a good a place as any to vent.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Stang

Do you people think MS actually gives a fuck about us? They know there are idiots like me that keep coming back for more, despite my better judgment. Why actually do something right when you can get away with minimal effort?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RsistncE
    @CL60: RROD is only covered for 3 years I thought from original purchase date. At least that's what I thought all that hoopla over extending the warranty a couple years back was about.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck 360's, all of them sooner or later will break, my PS3 will last 10x longer and thats not a fanboy statement, it's the truth. 
    I was on my 3rd 360 and said fuck it, and I had my PS3 for over a year and have never had a single problem.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CL60
    @RsistncE said:
    " @CL60: RROD is only covered for 3 years I thought from original purchase date. At least that's what I thought all that hoopla over extending the warranty a couple years back was about. "
    my launch 360 RRODed a month or so ago and they replaced it for free. Only took 5-6 days for them to send me a new one too.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RsistncE
    @CL60: Over 3 years AFTER you got it? If so I take back my complaints then. I guess they just said 3 years for no reason then? (honest question).
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CL60
    @RsistncE said:
    " @CL60: Over 3 years AFTER you got it? If so I take back my complaints then. I guess they just said 3 years for no reason then? (honest question). "
    Yes, i got it the first day the Xbox 360 came out.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By VWGTI
    @Bucketdeth: 

Same here, dude. Well, as soon as my first 360 pooped out on me I went out and bought a PS3.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RsistncE
    @CL60: Weird, well I guess I'm just gonna cite other users getting their 360's replaced after the 3 years if mine shit's itself after 3 years and they refuse to fix it.

Either way I have a PS3 which I barely use anyways, so I guess I could always switch over to that if necessary.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.