Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Forza Horizon Season Pass for $50

djslackerjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By djslackerjr

I'm starting to see a trend of games coming out with Season Passes which on one hand it's nice because you can get all of the DLC for one price and sometime at a discount. But everyone knows if you wait long enough just about every DLC winds up in the 33% or 50% off bin. So is it worth buying Season Passes? For a game like Forza where its going to be 90% cars rather than real content like Borderlands 2.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kermoosh

i'm not a big fan of this whole season pass thing. the only season pass i ever got was the LA noire pass but that was only 10 dollars for hours of content. If you get a discount on the packs like battlefield 3 premium that offers some justification, but i don't like the idea of paying 100 bucks when a new game comes out

in terms of a racing game (forza) the extra cars are probably nice to have but don't change the game really

djslackerjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By djslackerjr

Loved LA Noire and the Season Pass, I felt that was completely worth the price. I bought the COD Elite, GOW3 Season Pass, Forza 4 Season Pass, and I'm sure I missed a few. But overall season passes just don't seem to ever live up to the hype. I mean for Forza 4 all you got month after month was more cars, I'm sorry for a game that has 500 cars already you know what it really needs, more tracks. I've almost given up on Turn10, even though Forza Horizon isn't being made by them, this game will determine whether or not I return to them as a customer.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says

Depends....some season passes are worth it and some just aren't. You got to make sure you know what you're getting into.

Are you really invested in a multiplayer game and would love to get all the maps released? Are you really going to drive every DLC car in this racing game? Do you really like doing lame side activities in this open world game? These are the questions you should ask yourself. But even then sometimes a dev can pull a fast one on you and give you total garbage DLC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Debating on the Borderlands Season Pass. Borderlands had some good stuff. Just haven't enjoyed the first 14 levels enough to take the plunge.

djslackerjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By djslackerjr

@Brodehouse said:

Debating on the Borderlands Season Pass. Borderlands had some good stuff. Just haven't enjoyed the first 14 levels enough to take the plunge.

My decision on Borderlands 2 was based on Borderlands. I thought most of the DLC was worth it. Moxxie was a bit of a pain but it was nice to store your stuff there. Most of the others were worth the price so I decided they had earn my season pass for this one.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By daiphyer

Knowing Microsoft, this "season pass" will be on sale several times during this and next year. As well as the individual DLCs. No need to buy this now at all.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlatantNinja23

I don't seen how borderlands 2 dlc can be called "real content" and forza horizon can't. Forza has always been very strongly supported, looks like horizon will be as well. If a bunch of extra cars and tracks over time isn't worth it then don't buy it. I'm sure the content will be discounted, but thats where you judge price vs availability. I'm not always interested in waiting a couple months to save a few bucks.

djslackerjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By djslackerjr

@BlatantNinja23 said:

I don't seen how borderlands 2 dlc can be called "real content" and forza horizon can't. Forza has always been very strongly supported, looks like horizon will be as well. If a bunch of extra cars and tracks over time isn't worth it then don't buy it. I'm sure the content will be discounted, but thats where you judge price vs availability. I'm not always interested in waiting a couple months to save a few bucks.

If Forza had more tracks and less cars I would agree 100%. I doubt it is easy for them to make additional cars for the game, but it seems they are no longer interested in creating more tracks. Forza 4 has so many events that when you start getting close to the end of all the events your sick of the same 12 tracks it seems to have you race on all the time.

AsperGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AsperGamer

@djslackerjr said:

@BlatantNinja23 said:

If Forza had more tracks and less cars I would agree 100%. I doubt it is easy for them to make additional cars for the game, but it seems they are no longer interested in creating more tracks. Forza 4 has so many events that when you start getting close to the end of all the events your sick of the same 12 tracks it seems to have you race on all the time.

I have done about 30% of the events and some of the tracks just make me groan .... "ahhhhh, not this track again!"

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlatantNinja23

@AsperGamer said:

@djslackerjr said:

@BlatantNinja23 said:

I have done about 30% of the events and some of the tracks just make me groan .... "ahhhhh, not this track again!"

ya I can understand that, but I wonder if that's from them just not wanting tons of fake tracks or the inability to license new ones. Now with horizon, I does seem like they have more of a ability to be free with what they want to create, so more tracks are possible. Hopefully they will come. The good news is you can normally buy passes after the packs have been released, so there is the option of waiting to see if it's worth it.

with the other Forzas I guess I see tracks the same way I'd see an arena or stadium in any other sports game.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MideonNViscera

That's quite a bit of money, but knowing Forza, it will translate into a metric fuckton of cars.

djslackerjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By djslackerjr

@MideonNViscera said:

That's quite a bit of money, but knowing Forza, it will translate into a metric fuckton of cars.

Do we honestly need that many cars? I just wish we had more tracks. I think GT5 have plenty of tracks for the amount of driving they ask you to do. I wish Turn10 would double the number of tracks in their game. From Forza2 to Forza4 it seems they've only added like 4 or 5 tracks, but over 1000 cars.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MideonNViscera

@djslackerjr said:

@MideonNViscera said:

Do we honestly need that many cars? I just wish we had more tracks. I think GT5 have plenty of tracks for the amount of driving they ask you to do. I wish Turn10 would double the number of tracks in their game. From Forza2 to Forza4 it seems they've only added like 4 or 5 tracks, but over 1000 cars.

Somewhere they said cars are what we all really want, because they sell better than tracks.

djslackerjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By djslackerjr

@MideonNViscera said:

@djslackerjr said:

@MideonNViscera said:

Somewhere they said cars are what we all really want, because they sell better than tracks.

Yeah I heard that as well, maybe they need to price the tracks like the cars. I don't know it's just disappointing is all.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CptBedlam

If anything, the announcement of a season pass or other extensive dlc plans makes me not want to buy the game at all anymore. Forza Horizon went from "day 1-purchase" to "used, bargain bin or goty edition-purchase" at best for me; chances are I'll skip the game completely. I just don't like it when I feel a product was developed with the purpose of further milking the consumer.

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Devildoll

Forza season passes have usually been good for 6 months, but then they still keep releasing dlc a couple of extra months. which you have to buy, even if you paid for the season pass.
     for the die hard car enthusiast/forza fan, this is a must get, pretty much.

but, if you want to be smart about it, they usually release a platinum edition of the game at the end of it's lifecycle, including all DLC , not just the season pass ones.
    the problem with that is that you have neglect the game until the end of its life-cycle.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Barrock

On one hand I look at this and shake my head. For $10 more you could get a brand new game. On the other, they are going to release so much DLC that you will save money in the end. But $50 worth of DLC should be almost an entire games worth of content.

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By MrRedwine

Breaking down the season pass for Horizon vs. Forza 4:

Forza 4Forza Horizon
    Cars = 63 (10 per pack x 7 packs, one free car given to everyone per pack)Cars = 35 (6 per pack x 7 packs - free car)
    Expansion = N/AExpansion = Ralley Expansion (1600 MSP)
    Price = 2400 MSP ($30)Price = 4000 MSP ($50)
    Price per car = 38 MSP per car (just under $0.50)Price per car = 68 MSP ($0.85)

To clarify a couple things. I am subtracting the value of the expansion from the price of the season pass for Horizon, then dividing the remaining amount by the number of cars. I believe that the expansion will actually come with some cars, but we don't know how many.

This doesn't make any sense to me because I am fairly certain they are using the physics and models directly from Forza 4 for these cars in Horizon. Cars I have already purchased once in Forza 4. It just seems like a raw deal to the customers on every level.

That said, I will be watching for this stuff to hit the sale lists and probably pick some of it up there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.