Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Games that dissapointed you this gen?

Redjoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Redjoker

Mass effect as a whole and Dragons age 2. With mass effect it was partly my fault. I wanted baldurs gate in space. What I got was Gears of war in space....twice. The dialog circle with vague choices thing needs to die...RIGHT NOW. Also fable 2.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By lethalki11ler

Has to be Fable 3, assassin's creed revelations, every call of duty (except the second one, modern warfare 1 and black ops)

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By zombie2011

lair, too human, burnout: paradise.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#104  Edited By benspyda

Dragon Age 2, Fable III, LA Noir (same as everyone else)

Batman Arkham City - Loved 'Asylum' but the implementation and design seemed to be all over the place in 'City'.

Heavy Rain - Not fun in anyway (depressing story with mundane characters, slow boring gameplay)

FFXIII - Those annoying goddamn kids and awful voice acting.

lemontron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By lemontron

Bioshock and Portal 2

OhdK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By OhdK2

Skyrim!! Cannot even begin to list the things that the game failed to live up to.

Just kidding, that game is boss. I was very sad about Brutal Legend and L.A. Noire though. Especially L.A. Noire. Had so much promise...and such poor execution...
    mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By mariokart64fan

since i got all 5 consoles ill do a couple for each

1. perfect dark zero --nothing can compare to this disappointment due to the fact that i paid over a grand just to play this game - (gamecube 200 xbox 300 xbox 360 400)
    2. motorstorm i laughed my ass off after reading the review gamespot gave it -better then excite truck? my ass -
    3. championship sports- haha fail at copying the wii what else do i have to say
    4. kenict adventures theres a reason why its only 3,99 at gamestop hahah because this game along with the kenict , , just plain out sucks
    5. gran turismo 5 --- disapointed by the fact nascar has only 3 circuits and no caution flags
    6. nfs most wanted - 610 psp ----ripped off
    7. need for speed prostreet -wii /xbox360
    8. prey
    9. fear
    10. fear files
    11. duke nukem for ever ----just like perfect dark zero before it i had a gamecube ready for it a xbox a ps2 , but no had i not paid for a 360 i wouldnt be able to play it and when i finally got the darn game turned out nothing that was in the nintendo 64 duke nukem 64 came to be in it, --- this includes 2 player or even better 4 player co op a 4 player vs mode with ai so if you didnt have humans you could play against the computer -- though it has xbox live , i really dislike xbox live in this game cause its to fast paced , and as always theres always some one with a turbo controller or cheat
    12. gta iv online mode-- one of the most frustrating moments in gaming huistory-some one driving backwards in a race to screw up everyone else,
    13. james bond 007 bloodstone and goldeneye reloaded -lack of modes on bloodstone and copied the wii version with nothing new infact they took time trail out of goldeneye reloaded, and our cheats are still missing and the facility still sucked, the fact it was 60 freakin dollars would take the cake
    14. burnout paradise - why did they have to copy driver with that free roam thing and take out all the fun crash sections
    15. halo 3 - -- since halo 3 i have never bought a single halo game ---- and judging by halo reachs lack of change, and halo ce-only 2 players when the original was 4 out ragious
    16. and finally call of duty p ast 4 i played up til mw 2 and have black ops under the tree -- and i did not like mw 2 which is the reason i wont get mw 3 !
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By jozzy

Skyrim, it's a decent game but I expected to be way more into it.

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Deathawk

As a fan of the first two Banjo games Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts really disappointed me. It's a fun game for what it is, but I'd rather have a true Banjo platformer.

KontX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By KontX

Far Cry 2

Left 4 Dead 2

Mercenaries 2

Modern Warfare 2

F.E.A.R. 2

I'm seeing a pattern..

OH! and Kinect

KontX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By KontX

@Deathawk: I feel your pain. You did better than me though. I couldn't tolerate the gameplay after about an hour.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By 71Ranchero

None that I can think of. I cant say that I haven't had fun with a single game I have purchased this generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Age 2 is basically the most disappointing piece of shit ever. Fuck that game.

Also, kind of Skyrim. It's a great game, but I just don't love it like I have loved previous Bethesda games. There's not really anything in particular, just...the feel of the game doesn't attract me, I guess.

I'm sure there's a lot more, but that's what immediately comes to mind.

Calavero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Calavero

Gears of War. My friends kept telling me it was amazing, I found it so boring I can't believe I ever finished it.

Also to a lesser extent, NFS The Run, it was pretty good, but I expected better when it came to customization and handling, felt like a step back from Hot Pursuit somehow.

delmariachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115  Edited By delmariachi

Gran Turismo 5 (not worth the wait)

PES - All of them... (Just promised so much each time and failed abysmally)

Duke Nukem Forever (Words fail me even now, how appalling it was, yet I still completed it?????)

Catherine (Proof that Sega Mega CD style gaming is still a no-no.. All video and crap gameplay, err no thanks)

Burnout Paradise (Open world formula just didn't do anything right)

Dead Island (So much promise, yet dissolved very quickly after 20 minutes of gameplay)

Crysis 2 - console versions (We all know that PC versions will crap on console versions from a great height, yet by that simple measure, it took the gloss off, along with the simple fact, that it wasn't as good as the original Crysis

Every 2-D fighting revamp. (Having loved these in my teens, I find them abhorrent and just not as entertaining, oh and super cheap!)

shadystx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116  Edited By shadystx

Heavenly Sword was a decent game but I had much higher hopes for it.

LA.Noire was a novelty at first and I loved the first couple of hours but it was the same thing over and over, that game could have been so much better.

Gran Turismo 5, Do not get me wrong I really enjoyed it but I expected so much more, racing sims are probably my fav games and GT was the king until Forza came along, I was just expecting GT5 to outdo forza but I did not IMO which left me disappointed.

Fable 3 and I am sure their is more but I am struggling to think of them.

A game that pleasantly surprised me was prey, everybody hated it but I enjoyed it, probably because at the time their was nothing else to play on our new xbox but I had fun with that game.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#117  Edited By Hizang

@Soapy86 said:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

@Soapy86 said:

@Soapy86 said:

@Soapy86 said:

nerdsbeware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#118  Edited By nerdsbeware

@benspyda said:

Batman Arkham City - Loved 'Asylum' but the implementation and design seemed to be all over the place in 'City'.

I felt the same way, I just couldn't get into it like I did with Asylum. Granted I want to go back and give it another shot at some point but yea.

Mass Effect 3 really didn't sit well with me. And it wasn't even the ending! I was blah on it almost half-way though. I don't know why it just didn't resonate with me like 1 & 2 did. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy parts of it, but as a whole I had issues with it.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#119  Edited By Dagbiker

I remember being "disappointed" with a lot of games when they first come out. But then actually playing them I find that It was ether the gaming community making me feel that way, and when I gave the game a chance I actually liked it, if not loved it. Such as, Civilization 5, Dragon Age 2, and that Jurassic Park game.

Those were all Ok games if not Great games.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Whitestripes09

I usually have a high tolerance for bad games. If I'm having fun then usually I'll say its a good game, but man did the Mass effect 3 ending kill it for me.... That was so bad.

RainDog505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#121  Edited By RainDog505

I was contemplating booting up Fable III on either the 360 (freebie with 360 Model S) or Steam (impulse buy from Steam Sale)...then this thread hit. Thanks for apparently saving me some time, duders.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#122  Edited By BaneFireLord

The Force Unleashed. Fuck that game.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#123  Edited By big_jon

Gears of War 2 muliplayer.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#124  Edited By JoeyRavn

Bastion is the main offender in my case. I just can't see how it's the masterpiece everyone says it is.

Phantasy Star Universe is pathetic, an insult to all the senses (including smell).

And Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning shamelessly wastes away every ounce of potential it may have. It has all the elements for a groundbreaking achievement, but it falls flat on everything it does. It's a mediocre game at best.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#125  Edited By ajamafalous

Mass Effect 2 and Diablo III immediately come to mind.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By GoofyGoober

I absolutely hated Gears of war 2, terrible, glitchy. Resident evil 5 started out great but ended terribly. All Tony hawk games, Project 8, Proving grounds, American wasteland was ok I guess. Undertow, good god, this arcade game was fucking horrible. Given away for free back during the xbl outage about 4 years ago. Splinter cell double agent, no, just no, Sam Fisher. WWE 12, Dead Island,

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Whitestripes09

@GoofyGoober said:

Splinter cell double agent, no, just no, Sam Fisher.

You know... Double Agent for the original xbox was actually pretty good, also lets be honest. Double Agent was more of a splinter cell game compared to Conviction and Blacklist.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By agentboolen

Brutal Legend - A game with Jack Black as the lead needs to be awesome not a total bore.

Portal 2 - To an extent, I remember how simple the design was in the first game. I was impressed with the 2nd but at the same time I enjoyed the 1st game's simplicity that IMO was missing from the 2nd game.

Mixwizzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Mixwizzard

Dead Island and Saints Row the Third. I still liked both of them but they didn't live up to expectations.

SR3 was fun, but I felt like there wasn't much to do afterwards. Something about SR2 was much funner to free-roam in all day (I've clocked in 41 hours on my save on that one. 3 only has about 13 hours.)

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By zaccheus
    • Uncharted 3
    • Mass Effect 3
    • Modern Warfare 2
    • Mercenaries 2
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#131  Edited By pweidman

Too many, that's for sure, but major disappointment versus high expectations, a quick top three are:

1. GTA IV

2. Diablo 3

3. Brink

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By GoofyGoober

@Whitestripes09: I played the 360 version. I heard the original xbox version was different in some way, but I honestly can't remember. Uncharted 3. Was also a disappointment, didn't care for the story at all, yeah it had great action set pieces but the whole time I was playing it I just had this "Meh" uncharted 1 & 2 were better. Saints row 3, it was a fun game to start with, def different, buy WAAAY overhyped. I enjoyed and got more time out of the first one. And the dlc....urg.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By samcotts
    • Mass Effect 3
    • Dragon Age 2
    • Fallout: New Vegas
    • Fable III
    • Gears 2 & 3
    • Uncharted 3's single player to some extent. Not on the same level as Among Thieves. Still playing the multiplayer regularly, though.

There are others, but those are the mains that come to mind.

IntoTheN1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By IntoTheN1ght

Diablo 3

Its all over the internet over how many things went wrong with this game, so no reason for me to say the same things. Its the worst Blizzard game ever made, i didnt care much for Warcraft 3 but at least i could see that it was a well made game catered to a specific taste that simply wasent mine. But D3 is a absolute mess

Unreal Tournament 3

UT99 is imo the greatest FPS game ever made, Quake 3 is fantastic but UT does everything to perfection. They screwed it up badly and have no incenitive to go and make a better one since Gears is a much bigger franchise for them

Halo 3

They simply did not raise the stakes enough, playing Halo 3/ODST/Reach is like playing Zelda SS and Zelda TP. It feels like you are playing a older game from a different era (Halo 2 and OoT), its still good but its been there done that. Halo 2 wasent perfect, its single player was a catastrophe and that ending...but the multiplayer was superb.

Dragon Age 2

I thought DAO was a decent WRPG, good, not great. So the fact that DA2 was such a disappointment is insane. I expected nothing and was still pissed off

FF13

Yeah...what needs to really be said? But to be honest i was dissapointed with X and XII aswell.

There are other games that dissapointed me, however many of them have valid excuses, such as Silent Hill which isent being made by Team Silent anymore.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Levius

Burnout Paradise. I was a massive Burnout fan from the previous generation, and this game fell really flat. The open world setting ruined the feeling of the races; with the need for constant map checking and shorter race length. Also cutting the crash mode was unforgivable.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By mtcantor

Dragon Age 2. Had the most wasted potential for me.

Also, not a console game, but Stronghold 3. Loved the other games in the series, but SH3 was just a clusterfuck.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

A few off the top of my head.

• Dragon Age 2
    • Halo Reach (Multiplayer issues late in the games life but, still.)
    • AC 1
    • Shank
    • Flotilla (I'm assuming non console games are allowed)
    • Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road (Waited so long for that DLC, was excited for it the second it was announced during the first dlc. Ended up being kind of Meh)
    • FF13 (Not a bad game but not what I was hoping it would be.)
    • World Of Warcraft Cataclysm (Great launch but Blizzard continues to roll out content at a snails pace that's unreasonable for an mmo.)
    • Oblivion (I didn't think it would be possible for Bethesda to make an Elders Scroll setting seem bland after Morrowind but damn son.)
    • Neverwinter Nights 2
    Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#138  Edited By Barrabas

@AmatureIdiot said:

Burnout Paradise. I was a massive Burnout fan from the previous generation, and this game fell really flat. The open world setting ruined the feeling of the races; with the need for constant map checking and shorter race length. Also cutting the crash mode was unforgivable.

This. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Other than that.

• Dragon Age 2
    • Far Cry 2
    • King of Fighters XII

All those were sequels of absolutely fantastic games, and they just ended up kind of middling. With the exception of KoF XII which felt like a half finished pile of crap.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By audiosnow

@JoeyRavn said:

Bastion is the main offender in my case. I just can't see how it's the masterpiece everyone says it is..

Did you play it through to completion? I tried getting into it several times, and had a one-hour save sitting dormant for six months. Then I listened to the entire soundtrack and decided to just finish it, if no other reason than to hear the OST in context.

From what experience I did have with it, I considered it a mediocre game and didn't understand the heaps of praise it was receiving.

A quarter of the way through, I started to understand the encompassing universe in which the Calamity occurs, and exploring the fiction became a big motivation to finish. Then, halfway through, I was finally able to really upgrade the weapons, and combat was suddenly really enjoyable, too.

Before sitting down to finish it, I didn't consider it even close to GOTY material; after, I thought its third-place rank was well earned.

If you haven't finished it, I hope this little spiel encourages you to do so. If you have, it's a shame Bastion doesn't do for you what it did for me.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By HH

mass effect 3 was the most disgraceful (the face import balls-up, AND how easy it was, i don't care about the ending)

but mercenaries 2 was the most dissappointing for me. I loooooooooved the first one, and the MAIN reason i enjoyed the mass effect games in the first place was because of pandemic's programming.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#141  Edited By Dagbiker

Disappointed is a strong word, but I was, disillusioned, lets say, with Viva Pinata 2. I kinda new at that point that another sequel was slim ( at least for the time being ). It sounded on the forums that they were doing a little more engine optimization then they actually did.

SirBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By SirBilly

God of War 3

Uncharted 3

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By ProfessorK

Operation Racoon City because I was hoping for a revamped Outbreak. Too Human, Armored Core 4, Street Fighter x Tekken, Soul Calibur 4, and alot more I can't recall right now. Most just either didn't engage me like I thought they would or had a ton of bs going on esp. sfxt.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#144  Edited By MjHealy

Hmm.. let me see. Fable III was a big one as was Gears of War, in my opinion, as those games have never really clicked with me. Apart from them...

• Brink
    • inFAMOUS
    • Shank
    • Bastion
    • Brutal Legend
    ahab88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ahab88

Too Human... that game could've really been something special.

Fable 3... after 2, such a letdown

Brink... great ideas, poor execution

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By SAC

Definitely MGS4. Retcons, retcons, nanomachines, Old Snake, retcons, Meryl and Johnny love story, nanomachines Just pure fucking laziness with the fiction.

That fucking game doesn't even exist in my MGS universe.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By JoeyRavn

@mlarrabee: Twice. I finished it twice. The second run was even worse than the first. I couldn't stand the narration and the gameplay was shallow as it gets in a supposed "action RPG". So, no, it's not the game for me and it's no shame in it.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Amducious

Mass Effect 3 (Not because of the ending) - Luckily I rented it. :)

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#149  Edited By me3639
    @Atramentous said:

None that I can think of. I cant say that I haven't had fun with a single game I have purchased this generation.

Best answer out of all you clowns. Always love how no one ever mentions the one company who has been milking the same franchises for over 2 decades.
    Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Rafaelfc

Silent Hill Downpour

Alan Wake American Nightmare

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Mass Effect 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.