Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Games that dissapointed you this gen?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#201  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @foggel said:
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed 2.
    I don't understand. Those games are objectively great.
    Not as great I expected them to be apparently :(
    laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#202  Edited By laussica

Dragon age 2, rage, bioshock 2, final fantasy 13, mass effect 3

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By Damian

@FancySoapsMan said:

@foggel said:
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    Mass Effect 2 and Assassin's Creed 2.
    I don't understand. Those games are objectively great.
    Not as great I expected them to be apparently :(

I'm curious about your disappointment in AC2. ME2 I can understand, as it changed a lot of what was awesome about the first. But AC2 improved just about everything from AC1. Or is your disappointment in 2 solely on its own merits?

aldo_q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By aldo_q

Gears of War 3 - it just felt bland, boring and more of the same... and yeah I knew it would be like that before I bought it and still I bought it. Shame on me.

God of War 3 - Not really fair as me and god of war never clicked. Never got past the start of 3 with no incentive to pick it up again.

Darksiders 2 - This is probably the biggest shame of this generation in my eyes. The first Darksiders is one of THE best games this generation, pretty much a must play and buy game... and then comes this. The story is boring, the combat sucks, the puzzles are lame, the loot system doesn't really click, etc. etc... I really tried it, but not even when in the 'good middle part' do I want to keep playing.

Final Fantasy XIII - Being a huge FF fan this is just a showcase of the decline of Square...

BioShock 2 - knew it to be honest before getting it, but this was too clear trying to cache in on the really good first game without delivering in anyway. Rapture was never meant to be revisited.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii - I'll probably be burned for this, but it just did not click with me.

All Killzone games - Sorry these are just not any good...

LittleBigPlanet - now I for sure will be burned at the stake :p I absolutely LOVE the style, Stephen Fry, the atmosphere, Sackboy, everything about it feels so wonderful... but I never actually wanted to play it. Not being much into making levels all there was for me was the platforming and that just didn't click with me at all. It just wasn't much fun after a few levels I found.

Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise - The first game rocked, this was just more of the same, but not as well done.

Battlefield: Bad Company - tbh I found it a rather bland shooter and it's the only FPS shooter that gave me motionsickness.

Dead Rising - This could have been so good, yet turned out so bad.

Metro 2033 - It's a gameplay thing.. something was just off..

Resistance 3 - I actually liked the first 2, this one was bleh.. mainly due to the story... it did not feel like it ended the story well.

Super Meat Boy - very personal... I got caught up in the hype knowing I do not like these types of games. But I hoped this one would convert me... it didn't. Nothing wrong on SMB's side, it's just not something that could get me into these types of games.

Saints Row: The Third - I would have never gotten it without the GB hype and some friends loving it. I found it childish and boring...

Any and all GTA games - I just never Finnish them. Not since GTA3, don't know why I keep on getting them.

L.A. Noir - see GTA games.

(note these are not all games I find bad, these are games I had high hopes for that didn't live up to it)

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#205  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Dragon Age 2. Didn't play it on the console but I don't care. I'll take any and all chances to hate on that game.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

GTA 4 - When they reached for the realism, they killed the fun.

Red Dead Redemption - I should have seen this coming... I love westerns but game play-wise there is something off here. Maybe the whole GTA 4 legacy.

Resident Evil 5. Loved the RE4 on the GC, but this one felt clunky and uninspired clone of the fourth game.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#207  Edited By nightriff

If this is a 360 only list....ME3 since that is the last game I played on my 360 that really disappointed me

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#208  Edited By hexogen

Biggest by far: Modern Warfare 2 - Particularly the multiplayer. I loved Call of Duty 4, so naturally my expectations were high for MW2. It seemed to expand on CoD4's multiplayer systems in all the right ways and I was so excited for it. And then I played it and found it was a game with plenty of good ideas, totally ruined by imbalance and baffling design decisions. Like having super powerful killstreaks that counted towards even more powerful killstreaks (e.g. harrier leading to chopper gunner leading to nuke) or the one man army/danger close/grenade launcher combo, or the tac insert boosting in free-for-all. Among plenty of other things. Just, ugh.

Fable III - I remember feeling this was a step back from Fable II in a bunch of ways. The Sanctuary interface was terrible and I remember hating everything after you become king/queen. Plenty of other things, but I honestly don't remember what they were, so I guess they weren't that bad. But I enjoyed Fable II a lot more than III.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#209  Edited By viking_funeral

Dragon Age II

Civilization V

Catherine

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Gantrathor

Borderlands

Dragon Age, 1 and 2

Ninja Gaiden 2

Modern Warfare 2

Mass Effect 2

Diablo III

Vanquish

Starcraft II

Crysis

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Mercenaries 2

Fallout 3

Alpha Protocol

Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Resident Evil 5

I don't hate any of these games. There are very few games that I truly hate. But all of these games were pretty disappointing to me overall.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#211  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Final Fantasy XIII's really the only one that comes to mind immediately. I think Square really lost their identity this generation, and that's maybe the most disappointing thing of all.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By WarlordPayne

Mass Effect 3 - I liked it, but it just wasn't what it should have been.

GTA4 - They stripped out everything fun about the series in favor of a dramatic story that fell completely flat for me. The game played like shit and they removed every single advancement to the gameplay that San Andreas had added. That game was so bad it put me off all Rockstar games.

Metro 2033 - I had heard so much interesting stuff about it but it just didn't come together. Ammo was too plentiful for the bullet economy to matter, the story was hamstrung by a moronic hidden morality system, and the shooting was kind of bad.

Halo 3 - The only Halo game that I have no urge to play again. The flood were so bad in it that it put me off the whole thing.

Darksiders 2 - Lacking an even marginally interesting story there's nothing to hold that game together and it gets tedious after a while. The game is still very good, but it's a massive disappointment after how great Darksiders 1 was.

Devil May Cry 4 - It played okay but it was way way too easy and having to play the game backwards as Dante was a really stupid move.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#213  Edited By Mahonay

This all reads like a troll thread. Some of the games being listed here can not be taken seriously.

I guess the game I was personally most disappointed with was Brink. As a huge fan of Enemy Territory games I had some high hopes for it. Even with the early poor reviews it was receiving I still thought it would be at least serviceable. Boy was I wrong. I paid full price for that broken mess.

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

User Lists: 6

#214  Edited By MikeinSC

Too Human was an epic disappointment. Fabl 3 might have it beaten though.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By mtcantor

LONG LIST OF MILDLY CONTROVERSIAL GAMES

(also Dragon Age II)

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By OmegaPirate

L.A noire - that game had me spellbound for the first 3 hours, kept me stringing along despite its pacing through the middle - then lost all interest around the arson part.

All they hype had me honestly drooling before release, and the first hour or two really lived up to it! then after that i just was left feeling really disappointed and sad.

went and youtubed the ending after a month or two had passed, still feel like i made the right decision to not carry on.

Such a shame.

KikReask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By KikReask

GTA IV - Its honestly fun at places but theres a lot wrong with it. Multiplayer was great on the other hand.

Resident Evil 5 - I enjoyed it yet it lacked the creativity of Resi 4.

Metroid Other M - Its okay, but it lacks that spirit that past Metroid games had. Like the spirit of Samus being a badass.

Super Mario 3D Land - I like it but at the end of the day it felt as if there wasn't a lot of effort put into it in comparision to NSMBWii or the Galaxy games. Also the 3D in it wasn't that effective for me. Ocarina of Time was effective in 3D but not this.

Madworld - Really repetitive.

The Force Unleashed - I refer you to Madworld. Decent story however.

The Force Unleashed II - Same problems, without a decent story.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#218  Edited By Tylea002

Mass Effect 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Ace Combat Assault Horizon, Tony Hawk's HD, some other stuff I can't recall immediately.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By DeShawn2ks

Brink, Fable 2 & 3, Dragon Age 2 and FFXIII.

Niall1800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Niall1800

Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, Brink , Syndicate, Prototype, Turok, Tony Hawk Project 8, Armored Core 4. I know a lot of people loved GTA 4 and Hitman:Blood Money, I personally couldn't stand them.

Cky4890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Cky4890

I'm sorry but I gotta go with mass effect 2 playing after me1 didn't help

squidraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By squidraid

Ninja Gaiden 3. Though I guess I was a fool for thinking the franchise was headed anywhere but farther downhill after the second game started rolling that ball.

Still can't believe I bought it on release day.

chiboi34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By chiboi34

Homefront, Perfect Dark Zero, L.A. Noire and innumerable iterations of Madden.

BF3 was at first but now it's grown on me.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#224  Edited By Vod_Crack

Kane & Lynch could have been really awesome. I didn't hate the first game, I actually quite enjoyed the first two thirds at the time (particularly on PC where the controls are actually good) but it takes a weird turn later on. 2 is a actually pretty good game but it lacked the ambition that the first game had.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#225  Edited By ShadowMoses900

I see a lot of people mention Fable, can't say I blame them. That's one of my disappointments as well. Here are several others (bear in mind this is just MY opinion):

Halo 3

Dragon Age Origins

Bad Company 2

Final Fantasy 13

Left 4 Dead

Resident Evil 6

Skyrim (just a little)

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#226  Edited By pr1mus

Uncharted 3. After the first one being solid and the sequel a masterpiece, expectations for the 3rd one were through the roof. It fell way short. Taken by itself it's a good game, but after the heights reached by 2 it just doesn't hold up and that in part tainted my experience perhaps more that the actual quality of the game.

Final Fantasy XIII though this one is a bit harder to judge. In a way every Final Fantasy games are so different from one another that it's hard to place expectations for the next one other than it being a well made game with outstanding production values. FF XIII certainly has that. I just ended up hating most of the characters, the world, the story and the soundtrack. It's a first for the franchise up to now. I've liked every games in the main series up to that point and while i can point out to certain aspects in the previous games i didn't like it's the first time i universally hate every important aspects of the game.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#227  Edited By ProfessorEss

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.