Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Is this a good list of games to get?

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DrPepper1990
    trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By trulyalive

Unless you're really in love with the series, don't bother with CoD3. It's the weakest in the series. It's not bad, but unless you can find it cheap somewhere, it's not really worth the money.

Also, two of my favourite Xbox games are Condemned: Criminal Origins & Condemned 2: Bloodshot. They rule ^_^

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike
    • Skip COD3.  Pick up COD2 when you're really bored for the campaign, but only if you can find it for cheap.  COD4 blows the previous games away in every possible way.
    • Rent Force Unleashed - but I hear it has slightly better performance on the PS3.  Try that version instead.  I'm playing the PS3 version right now and it's alright...not a purchase, though.
    • Rent Crackdown.  You'll probably get your fill of it in a few hours of play.
    • Rent Too Human if you must.  That game sucks.
    • Rent Dead Rising - again, you'll probably get bored of it quickly.  The difficulty curve is ridiculous.
    • PGR4 may be worth picking up, if only because it's a fun arcade-type racer that you can play for 20 or 30 minutes at a time and still have fun with it.
    Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Keano

cod3 is TRASH, just like how WaW will be, cause Treyarch is making it. ALWAYS buy even numbered Call of duties (made by infinityward, 2/4/6)

Dont waste your money now buying old games, just wait 1 more month and youll be drowning in games.

.............but, if you want id recommend 

Ninja Gaiden2 - The Best Action game this Gen   (Demo on Live)
    CRACKDOWN - Awesome game, also Dirt cheap now. (Theres a demo on live, go download it)
    Lost Planet - Also really cheap now. (theres a demo)
    Saints Row 1- Should be pretty cheap now(demo on live)
    Bioshock - one of the best games last year (Demo on Live)

Most of the games you mentioned (Deadrising, Crackdown, PGR3, COD2, Too Human) have DEMO's on live. just go download em and see which ones you like
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kmdrkul
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "

I got my box not even a week ago and so far I only have Halo 3, PDZ, and Gears of War. The games I want are as follows:
    Cod 2
    Cod 3
    Project Gotham Racing 4 (How is this game?)
    Command and Conquer 3
    Dead Rising
    Too Human
    Crackdown
    SWTFU

Coming Soon:
    Cod Waw (Have 4 for Ps3)
    NBA Live 09
    Gears 2
    Banjo Kazooie: Nut's and Bolts
    Halo Wars
    Fable 2 (maybe)

That's all I could think of right now, also is Kameo any good? I like Rare games and just wondered if it was any good or not. Feel free to add any games that you may think I should get. How is Project Gotham 4? Thanks

"
    I would say skip Dead Rising and Too Human, unless you have a really strong interest in them.  C&C3 isn't the best for consoles (PC will always rule the RTS genre) but it is streamlined well and isn't bad.  PGR4 is a great game, though the community is dwindling down.  Both the CoD's are good choices for the single player, but do not expect much activity online.
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DrPepper1990

thanks for the quick replies, no one has said anything about Kameo yet though.

Keano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Keano
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "thanks for the quick replies, no one has said anything about Kameo yet though."
    demo on live. go PLAY it.

Most people didnt buy Kameo cause of its "KIDDY" graphics. i played a bit of it, and it was fun. Action-Platformer with some nice puzzles, but i was too busy playing Gears of war to actually put some time on it.
    Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ma7moud
    DrPepper1990 said:
    "thanks for the quick replies, no one has said anything about Kameo yet though."
    I think Kameo is a must Buy and its cheap about 10 bucks at GS, Also most of the games you want to buy already have a demos on the Market place. I suggest you try them.
    t67443

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By t67443

Crackdown is fun if you play it slowly and over a large amount of time. A lot to do in the game but can get old if you try and play it all in one sitting. It's open world so enjoy that and don't try to destroy everyone. Some of the best moments I had were jumping from roof to roof and getting hit by a rocket launcher only to land on a ledge that those gangsters couldn't shoot at me from. The worry of them finding me was so much fun.

Kameo though I'm really not a fan with. The controls seemed difficult, camera was trouble some, and figuring all the differant things the creatures do is often counter intuitive. The ice creature has no effect on a bad guy but the plant guy does. Although it did have a classic Spyro feel to it so if you want that go ahead and get it. Probably one of the best(/only) platformers on the 360.

Muze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Muze

Pretty good list, but just add Call of Duty 4 in there. :D

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DrPepper1990
    Muze said:
    "Pretty good list, but just add Call of Duty 4 in there. :D"

You obviously didnt see that I put (Have 4 for Ps3) next to Cod Waw.
    DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DrPepper1990
    t67443 said:
    "Crackdown is fun if you play it slowly and over a large amount of time. A lot to do in the game but can get old if you try and play it all in one sitting. It's open world so enjoy that and don't try to destroy everyone. Some of the best moments I had were jumping from roof to roof and getting hit by a rocket launcher only to land on a ledge that those gangsters couldn't shoot at me from. The worry of them finding me was so much fun.

Kameo though I'm really not a fan with. The controls seemed difficult, camera was trouble some, and figuring all the differant things the creatures do is often counter intuitive. The ice creature has no effect on a bad guy but the plant guy does. Although it did have a classic Spyro feel to it so if you want that go ahead and get it. Probably one of the best(/only) platformers on the 360."

Kameo is a platformer? If it is I'm definately buying it. Or is it more like Zelda?
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crunchUK

uh guys i believe you're all forgetting forza

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By Rowr
    crunchUK said:
    "uh guys i believe you're all forgetting forza"
    no they are all forgeting Grid.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pibo47
    Keano said:
    "cod3 is TRASH, just like how WaW will be, cause Treyarch is making it. ALWAYS buy even numbered Call of duties (made by infinityward, 2/4/6)

Dont waste your money now buying old games, just wait 1 more month and youll be drowning in games.

.............but, if you want id recommend 

Ninja Gaiden2 - The Best Action game this Gen   (Demo on Live)
    CRACKDOWN - Awesome game, also Dirt cheap now. (Theres a demo on live, go download it)
    Lost Planet - Also really cheap now. (theres a demo)
    Saints Row 1- Should be pretty cheap now(demo on live)
    Bioshock - one of the best games last year (Demo on Live)

Most of the games you mentioned (Deadrising, Crackdown, PGR3, COD2, Too Human) have DEMO's on live. just go download em and see which ones you like
    "
    IW made COD 1/2/4 and is making 6. COD1 is the best by far and away, but COD4 is greatness aswell.
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By giyanks22

Don't get COD3 get COD4 instead.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mourne

Listen to me: Buy Dead Rising. Buy that game. It's one of the absolute best reasons to buy a 360, and you will not be disappointed. You must have it in your collection. Buy, buy, buy.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By tekmojo

that's definitely not the prime list

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By albedos_shadow

Skip CoD3 and Too Human. Otherwise, nice list.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By SSbabel

These are the games you need to be purchasing, and yes some of these are not on your list.

Fable 2
    Fallout 3
    GOW 2
    NBA 09 (if your a big bball fan)
    Viva Pinata TIP

That about sums it up for me.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Black_Rose

You need more Bioshock and Kameo is a great adventure game, one of the best on the console

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#22  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Personally, I think that list is really solid, especially on a budget. 

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DrPepper1990

How are the Viva Piniata games? are they like animal crossing/ harvest moon or what?

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crunchUK
    Rowr said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "
    lolwtf gird is incomparably crap ocmpared to forza. oh and btw pgr4 is epic win. it IS arcadey but at the same time very deep and you will really stirve if you want platinum. plus the cars have loads of character and it's insanely fast.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#25  Edited By Vinchenzo
    crunchUK said:
    "Rowr said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "
    lolwtf gird is incomparably crap ocmpared to forza. oh and btw pgr4 is epic win. it IS arcadey but at the same time very deep and you will really stirve if you want platinum. plus the cars have loads of character and it's insanely fast."
    Oftentimes my car says hello when I get in.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Really, man... I'd suggest playing the games before you start buying so many of them. When I got my 360, I kind of went nuts with buying big games, many of which were budget titles at that point, and dude... there's a few I just haven't enjoyed much, and some I still haven't even played. Gears, Oblivion, PDZ, Viva Pinata... those are all a few games I'm still not really digging. I want to like Gears, but jeez, man, for some reason, it just can't seem to hold my interest. From what I hear, Crackdown isn't so great, but collecting the hidden orbs is addictive. As for Kameo, it's a great game, and at $20, you can't really go wrong with it. However, keep in mind that it's on the short side. If possible, you might just wanna rent it. You'll likely be able to beat it within that amount of time. I've always been a big fan of Rare, but PDZ and Viva Pinata both let me down. The controls in PDZ just feel so awful and unresponsive... I don't know, I still have only played like 2 levels, so maybe I just need more time to adjust, but the poor aiming totally killed my interest in the game. Viva Pinata is very demanding, stressful, time-consuming, never-ending madness. I really was expecting it to be a relaxing, fun little game to play, and boy was I wrong. Anyway, I can't comment on your other listed games since I haven't played any of them. Reviews say Too Human isn't very good, though.
    Some games I'd recommend looking into are BioShock, The Darkness, and GTAIV. I think those three are all quite excellent. Oh, and Ninja Gaiden 2 is quite rad too.

DrPepper1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DrPepper1990
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Really, man... I'd suggest playing the games before you start buying so many of them. When I got my 360, I kind of went nuts with buying big games, many of which were budget titles at that point, and dude... there's a few I just haven't enjoyed much, and some I still haven't even played. Gears, Oblivion, PDZ, Viva Pinata... those are all a few games I'm still not really digging. I want to like Gears, but jeez, man, for some reason, it just can't seem to hold my interest. From what I hear, Crackdown isn't so great, but collecting the hidden orbs is addictive. As for Kameo, it's a great game, and at $20, you can't really go wrong with it. However, keep in mind that it's on the short side. If possible, you might just wanna rent it. You'll likely be able to beat it within that amount of time. I've always been a big fan of Rare, but PDZ and Viva Pinata both let me down. The controls in PDZ just feel so awful and unresponsive... I don't know, I still have only played like 2 levels, so maybe I just need more time to adjust, but the poor aiming totally killed my interest in the game. Viva Pinata is very demanding, stressful, time-consuming, never-ending madness. I really was expecting it to be a relaxing, fun little game to play, and boy was I wrong. Anyway, I can't comment on your other listed games since I haven't played any of them. Reviews say Too Human isn't very good, though.
    Some games I'd recommend looking into are BioShock, The Darkness, and GTAIV. I think those three are all quite excellent. Oh, and Ninja Gaiden 2 is quite rad too."
    I already have GTA 4 for PS3. So far PDZ hasnt been that bad, It's not great but not crap. Plus the game is a launch title so I didnt expect too much from it and it was only $14.99 so I figured why not? I recently bought Crackdown also for $14.99 and I think the game is suprisingly good, Its sort of like GTA 4 but I got bored of GTA way too fast so atm I prefer Crackdown over GTA 4. I also ordered Kameo off amazon so it should be here in a week or 2, Ive never been much of a renter, in fact I havent rented a game since last gen. If i see a game I may want, I read up on it and depending on what I read I go buy the game. A great reason to own a 360 is all the great budget titles they have, almost all of my 19 PS3 games were 59.99 or greater, and PS3 games never seem to go down in price, so to see all the game I can get on the 360 for $30 and under makes me very happy. I can get 2 or maybe even 3 xbox 360 games for the price of one PS3 game. As of now, most the games I plan on buying are for the 360, except for some ps3 exclusives and a few multi plat's that I'll be getting on the PS3.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, I've also totally enjoyed that about the 360. Games drop in price pretty quickly.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wolverine

I wouldn't get COD 3. I have it and its really not worth playing now because there are so many better games out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.