Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Just got a 360 Elite, a few questions.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

This is my third 360...

So the first one was a 360 Elite that I bought a few years ago, I soon traded it back because I didn't get into it. I then went and bought a 360 Slim, I then enjoyed it and got into a few games. But my gave my sister my 360, I didn't play it to much and her PS3 had recently broke and I was feeling good. Well now I want another one, I want to play games like Fez, Forza Horizons, Vivia Pinata and Banjo fucking Kazooie HD! I have a few questions though.

1. Will I be able to log into my old XBLA account?
    2. Will I be able to re-download games I bought on my old account?
    3. Does the 360 Elite work with Kinect?
    4. Do I need a Gold or Silver account to buy games off of the store?
    5. Is it worth paying for Gold/Silver accounts if I just want to play 360 Exclusives?
    6. Is there any hardware difference between the 360 Elite and the current gen Xbox?

My friend is selling one on Facebook for £80, with a controller, all leads and even the box. I snapped it up straight away and am picking it up tomorrow.

UPDATE - NEVER MIND! The guy decided to sell it to somebody else who offered more.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OfficeGamer

You have so much money to spend, I have feelings of envy towards you

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

1. Does your sister use your account or does she have her own? As long as you remember your email and password you used for your Xbox account you can download your profile.

2. Yes. Under Account Management, go to Download History.

3. Yes, there's an adaptor you need though.

4. No, you don't need Gold. Everyone has a Silver account by default. Anyone can buy anything, though deals are sometimes exclusive to Gold members if they're substantial enough.

5. Depends. There are a lot of really good deals from being a Gold member that might actually save you money in the long run, but if you're just planning on playing exclusives, then Gold isn't necessary. But Forza Horizon is drastically made better if you have Gold. In my experience, the amount of money I've saved in total from games bought far outweighs the amount of money I've spent on buying Gold.

6. Huge ones. Not in terms of specifications, but the actual hardware. The new 360s are smaller, quieter, not prone to RRODing, and much nicer looking. I don't know why you would buy an Elite, actually... sure it looks cheaper but in the long run it might not last as long.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Why not just get another slim? They're so cheap now and actually seem like they're built to last.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hizang

@xyzygy said:

1. Does your sister use your account or does she have her own? As long as you remember your email and password you used for your Xbox account you can download your profile.

2. Yes. Under Account Management, go to Download History.

3. Yes, there's an adaptor you need though.

4. No, you don't need Gold. Everyone has a Silver account by default. Anyone can buy anything, though deals are sometimes exclusive to Gold members if they're substantial enough.

5. Depends. There are a lot of really good deals from being a Gold member that might actually save you money in the long run, but if you're just planning on playing exclusives, then Gold isn't necessary. But Forza Horizon is drastically made better if you have Gold. In my experience, the amount of money I've saved in total from games bought far outweighs the amount of money I've spent on buying Gold.

6. Huge ones. Not in terms of specifications, but the actual hardware. The new 360s are smaller, quieter, not prone to RRODing, and much nicer looking. I don't know why you would buy an Elite, actually...

@MikkaQ: Well It is pretty much £100 cheaper, seeing as I don't see myself using it that much I see this being a easier buy.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By MildMolasses

@xyzygy said:

6. Huge ones. Not in terms of specifications, but the actual hardware. The new 360s are smaller, quieter, not prone to RRODing, and much nicer looking. I don't know why you would buy an Elite, actually... sure it looks cheaper but in the long run it might not last as long.

I thought the Elites were fine for not burning out. I have one that hasn't been getting used since I got the S model, but the reason I got the Elite in the first place was because I had two red-ringed white original xbox's and they where supposed to have a better architecture

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hizang

Fuck, the deal fell apart and he sold it to somebody else who wanted to pay higher.

coilcloudvaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By coilcloudvaper

ABORT ABORT

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FritzDude

There's no point in getting an older version of the system, even if it's £100 cheaper. The Slim is better in everything; Quieter, smaller, more ports, better design for better airflow to prevent overheating, less power consuming, smaller hard drives (not in memory Space), & touch sensitive buttons that makes a cute 'pling' sound when touched. How can someone say no to that. As for your questions:

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. No
    5. Not really
    6. See above

Well, never mind.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xyzygy

@Hizang said:

Fuck, the deal fell apart and he sold it to somebody else who wanted to pay higher.

It's fate. Save up for a Slim if you want one enough.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By big_jon

Now go get banjo-kazooie for XBLA!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.