Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Locking profile creation

arkanearkade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By arkanearkade

Hey guys 

I'm looking for some help regarding the 360 profiles.  I work in a small community center where we provide consoles for the members to use as they wish.  The problem with this is that the members are all kids, and keep on creating their own profiles to play about with.  What we're trying to do is create the single account for them to use, and lock it so that they can't keep creating any more new ones.  Of course we're happy enough if they want to bring their own profiles, but really would like to have just the one community profile on the system.  Can anyone advise whether this is possible or not, and how to do it? 

Cheers

Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lev

I don't believe this is possible. I've looked pretty thoroughly over the settings and never saw something that would seem to indicate such a control mechanism exists.

It's a good idea though - just a pity for you that I don't think you can do it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike
    @ArkaneArkade: Have you tried My Xbox > System Settings > Family Settings > Console Controls > Xbox Live Membership Creation?
    CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By CharleyTony

make it a child account, lock it down and all you also need is a "parent" account that will be password protected.
    ZeroGravX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ZeroGravX

In addition to making a child account for them to use and locking them out of the parent account, you'll want to go through and delete all the profiles you don't want. Even though they can't create new ones, they will still be able to switch around to ones already there.

arkanearkade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By arkanearkade

OK, thats great guys.  I've got a week away while I do other work, but I'll try those steps as soon as I get back.  Thanks for the help guys. Now I need to learnt the same thing for PS3 and Wii. 

:D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.