Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Microsoft delivers good news and bad news to start the week

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By 617_jbug

The week could not have started any poorer for Microsoft. The announcement of the $10 increase of Xbox Live turned the gaming community into a frenzy. This morning we get the news of the new 360 controller but then the bad news of the price.

However Microsoft did deliver the good news on the announcement of their Fall promotion called Game Feast. This promotion brings big titles such as: Hydrophobia, Comic Jumper and Super Meat Boy to XBLA in late September. Also on the news front Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury was just announced for a November release for XBLA. Bangai-O HD joins such titles of KOF:2002 UM, KOF: Sky Match, Guwange, Plants VS Zombies, Sonic Adventure who could all see a Fall and Winter release dates. 

It has been a up and down last couple days for the 360 however they have dominated the news fronts and I expect it to continue with release of Halo: Reach and the TGS Keynote.

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By 617_jbug

The week could not have started any poorer for Microsoft. The announcement of the $10 increase of Xbox Live turned the gaming community into a frenzy. This morning we get the news of the new 360 controller but then the bad news of the price.

However Microsoft did deliver the good news on the announcement of their Fall promotion called Game Feast. This promotion brings big titles such as: Hydrophobia, Comic Jumper and Super Meat Boy to XBLA in late September. Also on the news front Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury was just announced for a November release for XBLA. Bangai-O HD joins such titles of KOF:2002 UM, KOF: Sky Match, Guwange, Plants VS Zombies, Sonic Adventure who could all see a Fall and Winter release dates. 

It has been a up and down last couple days for the 360 however they have dominated the news fronts and I expect it to continue with release of Halo: Reach and the TGS Keynote.

dr_pineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dr_pineapple

So the good news is they announced games I've already played and not going to buy?

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 617_jbug
    @dr_pineapple said:
    " So the good news is they announced games I've already played and not going to buy? "
    The good news is that there is a bunch of games coming to XBLA in the near future. You have the anticipated titles such as Hydrophobia, Comic Jumper and Super Meat Boy. Then you have all the classic games.
    Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Mrskidders
    @617_jbug said:
    " @dr_pineapple said:
    " So the good news is they announced games I've already played and not going to buy? "
    The good news is that there is a bunch of games coming to XBLA in the near future. You have the anticipated titles such as Hydrophobia, Comic Jumper and Super Meat Boy. Then you have all the classic games. "
    I agree with pineapple.  Nothing Microsoft do can make me stop being angry at them for the price hike right now.
    SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpiralStairs

OMG NEW BANGAI-O YAY

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.