Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Might be an obvious question, but...

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By LightYagami245

Can you switch harddrives from 1 360 to another that had not come into contact with a harddrive? Will there be problems if you do this?

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shawn

I don't think so, no.

Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Metasin

You can put your HDD on any 360 you like but if you are not signed into live all of your DLC will not work. Meaning arcade games will revert to trials, movies and tv shows will be unwatchable. If you have downloaded game content you will not be able access it, be careful about this part I accidently corrupted an Oblivion save this way.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LightYagami245
    Metasin said:
    "You can put your HDD on any 360 you like but if you are not signed into live all of your DLC will not work. Meaning arcade games will revert to trials, movies and tv shows will be unwatchable. If you have downloaded game content you will not be able access it, be careful about this part I accidently corrupted an Oblivion save this way."
    Can you explain that again? :P I think it's like this:

I can do this but,

If I am not signed in, I lose all the things I got on Live? My 360 automatically makes me go online, so will that be a problem?
    Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Metasin

You don't lose anything you just can't access it offline. If you are signed in online with the same profile you originally downloaded them with you have nothing to worry about, it should all work fine.

Did that clear it up for you?

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LightYagami245
    Metasin said:
    "You don't lose anything you just can't access it offline. If you are signed in online with the same profile you originally downloaded them with you have nothing to worry about, it should all work fine.

Did that clear it up for you?"
    Yeah, thanks for the help, but what about patches? My uncle burnt me a CD with the BC patch before I had Live. What would happen with that?
    Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Metasin

That should be fine as well, worst thing that could happen there is you would have to re-download it, which it will do automatically when you start it up if it needs to.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LightYagami245
    Metasin said:
    "That should be fine as well, worst thing that could happen there is you would have to re-download it, which it will do automatically when you start it up if it needs to."
    I see. Thanks for the help.
    Metasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Metasin

no problem

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.