Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Most difficult achievement for Xbox 360?

• 126 results
    Avatar image for nifflemuvpa7quab
    NiffleMuvpa7Quab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Phonics:
    I beat all of CoD: WaW on veteran :D
    chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By chstupid

The Ninja Giden 2 ones were you have to beat the game with one wepon

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#103  Edited By ErgoProxy77

Gears of War 2 has some pretty brutal achievements, like kill 100,000 enemies.  I don't think I ever got past 5000.

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

#104  Edited By Sdoots

One of the greatest things I've ever done on my Xbox 360 was earning "Have Fun Respawning" on Halo 3. To earn it, you have to get an extermination on a mythic map. For those who don't know, an extermination is where you kill EVERYONE on the other team in a small enough timeframe that the entire team is waiting to respawn. That's impressive enough, but I got it in an extremely satisfying manner. It was an neutral assault match on Orbital. I grabbed the bomb from it's spawn point and used it's one hit kill melee to beat down the entire enemy team as they turned the corner before they could fire a single shot. I'm also proud of having every achievement in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 involving killing 100 players with a certain weapon type in ranked games, and most of the achievements for accomplishing various tasks in various gametypes a certain number of times in ranked games. The hardest I have is Perfect Win on Sonic The Hedgehog. I got it without using the save feature, too.

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105  Edited By SonicFire

This is easy, the one in Star Ocean where you have to earn 100% of battle trophies. No question. It's an achievement that requires 900 mini achievements, with some bordering on impossible (for example, healing a character for precisely 77,777 health).

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By me3639

The "Upgrade ALL weapons" and "Collect all figures" achievements in Resident Evil 5(just finished the game). In order to upgrade you will have to complete the game 4 or 5 times or do the high treasure levels another dozen. To acquire the figures you have to earn a grade of A or higher, and ALSO a grade of S for speed for each level. Not hard achievements, just annoying. 

macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By macandcheese
    @Biohazardous said:
    " One of the greatest things I've ever done on my Xbox 360 was earning "Have Fun Respawning" on Halo 3. To earn it, you have to get an extermination on a mythic map. For those who don't know, an extermination is where you kill EVERYONE on the other team in a small enough timeframe that the entire team is waiting to respawn. That's impressive enough, but I got it in an extremely satisfying manner. It was an neutral assault match on Orbital. I grabbed the bomb from it's spawn point and used it's one hit kill melee to beat down the entire enemy team as they turned the corner before they could fire a single shot. I'm also proud of having every achievement in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 involving killing 100 players with a certain weapon type in ranked games, and most of the achievements for accomplishing various tasks in various gametypes a certain number of times in ranked games. The hardest I have is Perfect Win on Sonic The Hedgehog. I got it without using the save feature, too. "
    Have Fun Respawning is not that hard, you are just thinking about it wrong, you are thinking in terms of Ranked games, just go play a Game of Grifball on a Mythic map and its no problem, both me an my friend got it that way, j
    R3cruit3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By R3cruit3D

Trials HD marathon (It's already mentioned), but you have to complete the last tournament without crashing once. FYI it took about 3-4 weeks for the first person to get it online (nevermind giant bomb)

The so called 'hardest' one i got was CoD4 veteran, which in all fairness wasn't that hard. It's just a bit of accurate shooting. And the worst part is i got it fairly easy (bout an hour) and i can't play the game online at all, however most of my friends own me on live and can't even play the first levels on Vet.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

The time consuming achievements are a pain, but are doable sometimes. I think the achievements I hate most are those that require some odd reflex skill that I just can't do.. For instance, some of the N+ achievements are hard to get as I'll reach a level that has bombs all over it & I can't maneuver through it. Spend 5-6 hours dying & retrying the same level...it leaves your brain frayed & your hands & back frozen stiff with pain from trying to stay completely still while trying to concentrate on getting through it without dying. Screw that!

Next is Bionic Commando, the XBL game.  Some of the Challenge levels are brutal. There is this one where you have to fall through a small hole but you have to grab something on the side to get through it. I watched it on youtube to see how someone did it, but after 2-3 hours of trying it myself & failing, I had to say screw it.  When Shadow Complex came out with a challenge mode inspired by Bionic Commando, I cringed.  Fortunately, the Shadow Complex challenge levels are passable & I have my S-rank.

Getting through a few unstoppables on Too Human & almost having an S-rank on Too Human is probably what I'm most proud of, but I couldn't do it alone. I had to have help from the XBL community.  My reflexes aren't that good, so reflex achievements are out.  I can handle tedious achievements, but it's still a pain.  Online multiplayer, I just give up on, unless you find a few people that are willing to help out as playing to obtain them will take more time than I'm willing to invest.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By imhuntad

Any ranked achievements or that one on Ghost Recon where you gotta be first on the leaderboards...utterly stupid...

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By SonicFire
    @Renahzor:  

They're all a mess. Because you have to have the dropped items from the bonus bosses, the creation ones do tend to take forever. I just gave up on it all after awhile.
    JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

Dead Rising: Saint.

The prime example of how buggy AI can lead you to insanity.

Avatar image for samsdaddy010106
    SamsDaddy010106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#113  Edited By SamsDaddy010106

Heart of the Reich on Veteran in COD:WaW.

It's like every German soldier was running an aimbot and had a grenade factory in their pocket. Seriously, this level on veteran made me quit playing the single player for like four months out of frustration. When I finally got it I took the disc out, broke it in half and set it on fire!

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I hate frustrating achievements.

They ought to put one in a game like: Game Developer:  If you wrote code for this game, you get this achievement.

Fucking Guitar Hero achievements are also extremely ridiculous.  You gotta slave over the game to get them.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#115  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Dead Rising has a fair few challenging achievements. One day they shall all be mine...

xiannydeex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By xiannydeex

Cod 4 Helecopter one on veteran

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Diamond
    100 million in Raiden Fighters Aces.  Pure skill based, NOONE on Giant Bomb has it, no cheating possibilities (like an easy mode or continues like other achievements in RFA).

Personally I have the 50 million variant along with 5 other people here on GB.
    NiffleMuvpa7Quab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I read through the achievements for Dragon Age: Origins, and one of them is for hitting 250 damage.  Through all the gameplay i've seen, I don't think i've seen any higher then maybe... 20 or 30.
    NiffleMuvpa7Quab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B.U.M.P.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Anything that has to do with being at the top of an online leaderboard, especially for games with crazy high numbers of users. Ugh...

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @chstupid said:
    "

The Ninja Giden 2 ones were you have to beat the game with one wepon

"
    Those are also stupid because you only get like 5 gamer points for each weapon you beat the game with. What a waste of time. 

@Lind_L_Taylor said:
    " I hate frustrating achievements.  They ought to put one in a game like: Game Developer:  If you wrote code for this game, you get this achievement. Fucking Guitar Hero achievements are also extremely ridiculous.  You gotta slave over the game to get them. "
    Yeah, I think they had it right with GH2 on 360. Not that I've played it, but the achievements all seem possible. In the GH games since, so many of the achievements have just been ridiculous.
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#122  Edited By grilledcheez

I seem to remember some tough ones in Chromehounds...

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123  Edited By Gmanall

luchadeer797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124  Edited By luchadeer797

100% percent in brutal legend and batman arkham asylum are extremely hard and im so close to both. Also one in a million in bad company is one of my proudest acheivments

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#125  Edited By KingBroly

Vesperia Master is insanely tedious to do because you have to playthrough the game at least twice, maybe a third time because there are only 1 of some Synthesis items which are needed for multiple items.  It took me 180+ hours to get it.  Not to mention those 23 Secret Missions which must be done in 1 Playthrough to get a single title. 

mindatlarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By mindatlarge
    @SamsDaddy010106: 
    Same here, I could tolerate and finish all the other levels on vet except that one, " Heart of the Reich " is a breeze on hardened but night and day on vet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.