Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

People are too hard on the new dashboard..

• 70 results
    Avatar image for americanpegasus
    AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AmericanPegasus

I mean..why dismiss it after seeing it for a few seconds? It does come with alot of new stuff. And if you don't like that you can just use the mini blades in the new guide.

thunderball65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By thunderball65

i think people just like complaining about stuff that they really don't understand.  i think that there are going to be a bunch of new solid features that I, myself am going to love.    i am looking forward to it.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine

I need to see more of it before I can comment on it. It looks interesting though. I am excited for the new fall update. My favorite thing about it is instant streaming from Netflix.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Aaron_G

I personally like it. It bring something new. People are just afraid of change.

Yoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Yoda
    Aaron_G said:
    "I personally like it. It bring something new. People are just afraid of change.
    "
    totally agree.. once people use it and experience it they will love it.
    Oy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Oy

If the rumors are true about both a motion control and licensing out the 360 tech to third part hardware manufacturers, then they really need this new update.  The current blade controls are just too clunky for a motion cursor, and way too cluncky for someone who just bought a Samsung Blu-Ray player with Xbox 360 capable features, especially if all they really wanted was a Blu-Ray player.

People should chill and think about the bigger picture sometimes.

NotaStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By NotaStalker

I think it looks very neat and streamlined compared to the current one. I can't wait to try it out.

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sdodd02

I agree with you, I think it looks great.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By twenty0ne

I actually like the new dash.

Leon31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Leon31

I like it, I just feel that the theme they were using to show it off was a little too plain and boring. Thankfully they are going to adapt the current themes into the new dashboard, or at least thats what I heard anyways. Plus it's supposed to work faster than the current blades system which if pulled off will be great.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By BlackWaterCO

I think its radical

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By breadfan
    At first I was very skeptical about it, but now I think it will be a good addition to the Xbox Live service.  The whole Netflix feature will definitly be put to good use
    Edenfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Edenfire

To be honest it's jsut the Mii-esque avatar that bothers me.

It's too cutesy and serves no real purpose other then to try and market the whole " oh look, we at microsoft can be family friendly too!" idea.

the rest is OK, assuming it runs smoothly and content is at least as easy to browse through / find on it. Hopefully easier.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Shocker

I like it so far.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kush

I personally thought it looked awful, but the word "looked" is key in this sentence. I don't know exactly how it works and I have no experience with how it will actually control and feel. I don't like the direction that Microsoft has taken, but maybe after I actually get to use it...it may all make sense. At least it's not WiiSpeak :P

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By MOLE
    Edenfire said:
    "To be honest it's jsut the Mii-esque avatar that bothers me.

It's too cutesy and serves no real purpose other then to try and market the whole " oh look, we at microsoft can be family friendly too!" idea.

the rest is OK, assuming it runs smoothly and content is at least as easy to browse through / find on it. Hopefully easier.
    "
    But you have to understand that if MS doesn't tap into the Casual Market, they could be risking alot.  The PS3 is already starting to catch up in sales, only 5 million away, I beleive the PS3 is selling at a faster rate than the Xbox 360.  And, the PS3 is already outselling the 360 in most countries.

Then theres the Wii, which has already won the console war. 

That is why the Xbox 360 is making the whole new casual approach.
    zdmetal2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zdmetal2101

I think it looks way better. The avatars seem decent I don't see how they copy anthing.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bwooduhs

In my opinion somthing new is always good. And the avatars dont look to bad.Some of the features  sound like they could be pretty cool also.

Charles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Charles

Wait a minute... You mean I can see and use all the same stuff with all this  new stuff..... hmmmmmmmm Thats Sucks! 

Wake up people these are great new features.
    tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tec3297

I am actually kinda excited for it...especially the Netflix part of it.

JakeB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JakeB

I think that the new features are cool, that come with the New Xbox Experience, but I could really care less about the new look and design. I can navigate and find anything I need the way it is now. I don't mind a change though, and I'm sure there are some people who have trouble finding all the stuff that Xbox live has to offer with the current blade system.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TwoOneFive

people are dismissing it because its ripoff of Apple's Front Row and PS3's XMB and completely unnecessary. new features are great though- except for the pathetic Mii-like avatars.

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LouChou

I'm annoyed because it looks worse than the current one, and carries less information. They're essentially "streamlining" the front end only to make it thrice as hard for us to navigate even more sub menus. That pisses me off.

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MOLE
    TwoOneFive said:
    "people are dismissing it because its ripoff of Apple's Front Row and PS3's XMB and completely unnecessary. new features are great though- except for the pathetic Mii-like avatars.
    "
    I totaly know what you are talking about becuase i've been hearing it non stop

Thats like saying, the XBOX is a rippoff of the Playstation becuase the Playstation came out first
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By suneku

It just doesn't look good to me... but who knows maybe I'll end up liking it when I actually get to use it

Famicom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Famicom

Do you have to create an avatar?? I just want to use my old gamerpic that I paid for.
    Other than that I'm really excited about it.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By Heartagram

I don't care about the dashboard just give me NETFLIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By Lies

I dunno. I'm not so sure I'm digging the coverflow wannabe dash. Despite all the talk of "Simplifying" the interface, it looks like they're adding NEW sections, which don't really look all that useful. I won't ever play 1 v 100. EVER. Games like that don't need their own channel -_-

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Green_Incarnate

It's just the whole rip off miis thing. I don't want a cartoon avatar. The current dashboard seems fine.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By myke_tuna

I also believe people are being really harsh towards the New Xbox Experience. Sorry, I had to say that. It just sounds so fresh. Anyway, I don't see what the big deal is about the dashboard, or even the new avatars. "It's like they're trying to be like Nintendo." Or "Dude, they totally ripped off the XMB!" Come on, guys and gals. I mean, maybe it's just me, but I could care less what the dashboard looks like as long as it works. Do you really hang around the dashboard enough to worry about pressing the A button two to three more times (at most)? I don't. As long as I can get into my game fairly quickly, I'm set. Oh and as for the avatars, why not consider not making one (or sticking with the default if that's not an option) or just making one and forget about it? But again, whatever. The dashboard is what it is. I bought my 360 to play games, not complain about the user interface it has.

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LouChou

Oh man. Seriously. what is with the avatars? It's like the result of one of those board room meetings when they all asked each other,

"Nintendo sells well... Now, what does it do that we can rip, because if it's doing things we aren't and selling consoles then that's why it's selling consoles!"

No, you fucking morons. That's not why. It's because it's been marketed like fuck to "casual" gamers, and has a completely different fundamental idea. No amount of annoying, pixelated little perverts is going to turn that market onto Ninja Gaiden 2. Get with the fucking program...

fleasquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fleasquire

I think it looks cool. Do I see a use for it? Not really. I thought the last dashboard update kinda screwed things up a little though. But whatever, I'm sure  it will just take time to get used to.

AndrewP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AndrewP

I like the new look, can't wait!

CallMeRotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CallMeRotten

I really don't care about the changes, I use my 360 to play a game or watch a dvd, how many people really sit there and stare at the dashboard? if it's easy to navigate and doesn't have any annoying ads then I couldn't care any less.

As for the avatars, yeah they look like Mii's but I just hope that's where Microsoft draw the line in terms of being like Nintendo. I don't want the 360's game library to become flooded with piss poor party games and last gen ports.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By matthew

From seeing initial reactions after the initial announcement, yea, people are seeming to be a bit hard on it.  But that should not come as a surprise. 

It's change.  Nobody is ever really looking forward to it, but it happens, and most of the time, it turns out better, people are just not comfortable with change.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By xplodedd

i hate it, it looks heavy, and is like hey.. dont play games, stick around the dash and do nothing.

chewii101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By chewii101

I think they needed to change the dashboard. It was already too cluttered, and i hope this change will clean everything up. However, the casual argument is weak. The Xbox is seen by casual video game players to be the system of the fratboy. The Wii will always have the "prestige" of being called the casual console.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JohnDudebro

Goddamn it, Nintendo didn't invent the concept of an avatar. Hell, they've just calling them Avatars here, they didn't even make up some crappy new name to make it seem like they invented it. They're being extremely up-front that this is not a new concept. And if they can replicate the "dude that appears in lots of games" ability that's pretty much all Miis have going for them, and add in the extra customization the Miis so sorely need, good for them. Improving on something a competitor did isn't a bad thing.

BlindEffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By BlindEffekt

The current dashboard is great, why change it?
    I really don't like the avatar approach, its a blatant copy of the mii's, and gamer pictures were fine. ( i realize there will still be gamer pics. )

Quint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Quint

That's because gamers moan for the sake of moaning.

There is nothing wrong with the new dashboard at all it's a much sleeker, modern design and all the information contained within is easier to access, sure the Mii things are a bit weak but just don't use them if you don't like them.

At the end of the day the current dash was never designed to hold the amount of content it does and that's why it's very clumsy to navigate, there's bloody sub-menus everywhere and important features are often difficult to find (Active Downloads is in Personal Settings ffs).

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jordan23

Quite frankly, I love the new interface (I'm getting tired of the old look) it's time for a change. Netflix on Xbox Live is going to have a nice touch and I also want to play those game shows featuring the avatars. Overall, I'm damn excited about the upcoming interface... once it's out for testing, I think many people would've change their mind.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. I was not impressed. I was just worried about how many themes and gamer pictures would work.

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sizu
    Green_Incarnate said:
    "It's just the whole rip off miis thing. I don't want a cartoon avatar. The current dashboard seems fine.
    "

I feel exactly the same.  Im sure it will look better once you put a wallpaper on the background, but the avatars are awful.  Plus micro-transactions ahoy for avatar clothing!  I'll just stick to my gamerpic.
    Evolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Evolution

i hate the current dashboard. anything new can only mean better.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do like it. Nothing wrong. It's very accessible.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By SSbabel

It is copping a lot of slack but my arguement is why change something that is perfectly fine.

Caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Caddy

I was hard on it at first, but the more I see it, the more I am coming round to it. I want to get my hands on it. Although, I am never going to be into the whole avatars thing, that isn't what I like.

Mordok44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mordok44

I think people will like it once it comes out, like come on we have seen it but we dindt get to try it. Judge once we use :)

Jazzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jazzo

At first i was like that doesn't seem so hot but now i think it's a good improvement over the old dashboard and i actually kinda like the Avatar idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.