Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Really hope that 100 buck super slim 360 rumor is true.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

theres tons of 360 games I've never played before, and cost like 8 bucks now. I never owned a ds till fire emblem awakening came out. Now I own like 40 ds games that I bought for like 4 bucks each.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Isn't the rumor that it doesn't have an optical drive? You'd have to buy from the Microsoft store, where games are still pretty expensive compared to, you know, eBay.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Honestly, the idea of a super-slim low cost 360 is the only bit of Microsoft rumor that I actually like. As long as it had some sort of disc drive (top-loading would reduce costs without having to ditch an optical drive altogether) I'd actually totally buy one, since my current 360 is on its death bed.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ps2 slim is the same size as a dvd case. That is the greatest redesign ever.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Daneian

I'd buy it for no other reason than its cheaper than a new hardrive for my original 360.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What if it's akin to that shitty red Wii? That'd be a nightmare...

But yeah, I'd buy one.

PS Still totally buying the OUYA at the end of the month, too.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JZ

@ch3burashka: The red wii has no internet. I'd buy a super slim 360 with no internet for 100 bucks, in a heartbeat. A 360 that solely plays games sign me up. I've never cared about multiplayer for anything, especially the kind you have to pay 50 bucks a year for.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@jz said:

@ch3burashka: The red wii has no internet. I'd buy a super slim 360 with no internet for 100 bucks, in a heartbeat. A 360 that solely plays games sign me up. I've never cared about multiplayer for anything, especially the kind you have to pay 50 bucks a year for.

How do you know that the super slim 360 won't suffer a meltdown when you look at it funny? After the RROD epidemic, I don't see a reason to trust Microsoft's console stability out of the gate.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@marokai: I completely agree. I worry that my creaky old 360 is going to die any day now, and a smaller, cheaper box that would let me play all my games would be great.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@jz said:

Microsoft is trying their best to get people who play 360 games onto the internet. They will not release a console that does not have a way to connect to the internet. Releasing one without an optical drive is more likely.

If they released a super-slim 360 with an optical drive and a decently sized hard drive for $100, then yes I would get one. My 360's disc drive works, but it only opens if I stick a paperclip into that little hole that forces it open. It also seems to get louder and hotter anytime that it gets turned on. No, I don't play my 360 often, but it does occasionally get turned on and I do still have games for it.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: well if thats what your scared of, why buy anything?

Everything breaks and everything is a cheap piece of crap now a days.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ch3burashka: Only Nintendo could make a product that baffling.

I'd agree if it's lacking anything it would probably be the drive. I'd definitely consider picking one up, with the amount of games on the service it would be worth having that console.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman

What is it with this "slim" naming convention that everyone seems to have adopted. Each time a new console iteration is released, it's a "slim." The next iteration? SUPER slim! It bugs me. Anyway, carry on.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#16  Edited By Hailinel

@jz said:

@hailinel: well if thats what your scared of, why buy anything?

Everything breaks and everything is a cheap piece of crap now a days.

Peter Moore, is that you?

In all seriousness, while anything electronic will break given time, Microsoft's track record of 360 (in)stability is far, far worse than any other major console in recent memory.

Avatar image for commandergermanshepard
    CommanderGermanShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@jz said:

How do you know that the super slim 360 won't suffer a meltdown when you look at it funny? After the RROD epidemic, I don't see a reason to trust Microsoft's console stability out of the gate.

RROD that's a blast from the past, haven't had a issue with my launch 360 since they gave the ability to install games. the S360's have been reliable as well.

If its small enough I would grab a Xbox Slim with the Xbox One and run the slim though the HDMI in port, I don't watch TV other than sport on the other TV.

Avatar image for commandergermanshepard
    CommanderGermanShepard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman said:

What is it with this "slim" naming convention that everyone seems to have adopted. Each time a new console iteration is released, it's a "slim." The next iteration? SUPER slim! It bugs me. Anyway, carry on.

Xbox Super Slim with breathable sides and less leakage, reliable for up to 24 hours.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JJWeatherman

@jjweatherman said:

Xbox Super Slim with breathable sides and less leakage, reliable for up to 24 hours.

Aw, god.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Mcfart

@marokai said:

Honestly, the idea of a super-slim low cost 360 is the only bit of Microsoft rumor that I actually like. As long as it had some sort of disc drive (top-loading would reduce costs without having to ditch an optical drive altogether) I'd actually totally buy one, since my current 360 is on its death bed.

Yeah, I'd prefer it to not have a hard drive compared to no disk drive. Cause then you can just USB it for saves and stuff.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
    thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IF microsoft still produced the hd-dvd drive, I could see an optical-less version of the 360. Or even if it used external usb drives. But I say it would likely have a disc drive, plus an option for the 2.5mm hard drives. They could either release a 20$ adapter to use those hard drives, or just have a cable going outside the system to one. Wouldn't really increase system size having one inside. My laptop drive is a decent size, but the 360s is really really small compared to it.

I kindof doubt you'll see the 100$ 360 new slim this year. But next summer/fall, I bet it'll be out. Having both new systems out this fall, would confuse mindless customers and walmart certified electronics section- so Microsoft knows its better to wait just a little. Could even release a small cpu chip in the next console to help with heat.

THRICE_604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Wonder if it's true would this time be the Xbox model that is actually built to last. I got the slim when it came out and now its as loud as my OG fat 360 was. It can get louder than my TV. The fan on it vibrates my entertainment stand sometimes its so bad. And this was supposed to be the model to have.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JZ

@jjweatherman: because the new thing is smaller and saying the 360 slim is better than saying "that new smaller 360"

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JJWeatherman

Wonder if it's true would this time be the Xbox model that is actually built to last. I got the slim when it came out and now its as loud as my OG fat 360 was. It can get louder than my TV. The fan on it vibrates my entertainment stand sometimes its so bad. And this was supposed to be the model to have.

To be fair, I think you're part of a tiny minority with that issue. The current model is about as good as a consumer electronics product can be in terms reliability. Sad fact is there are always some duds.

@jz said:

@jjweatherman: because the new thing is smaller and saying the 360 slim is better than saying "that new smaller 360"

You're right, it is slightly better than that. It's also better than lots of other random phrases. Hows abouts just calling it the "new 360." Follow Apple's lead, friends; they know what's up.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Given that I've lost my wireless adapter for my original design 360, it seems crazy that soon it may be be almost as cheap to buy a whole new machine than a replacement. If it comes to Europe I will be all over it.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I still think Brad's idea of a sub $100.00 360 add on for the XBOX ONE would be great. Assuming of course the new console turns out to be worth buying.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think you'd use Xbox Live for the next 2 years you can get a 250gb Xbox 360 S with two games (Arkham City and DarkSiders II) For $99. Just have to commit to 2 years of Xbox Live at $14.99/mo. I did it last week and got myself a new Xbox and gave my old Elite to my girlfriend so we could play Halo together. Good times.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also be in for a cheap, slim 360 if it had an optical drive. I got a PS3 this gen but there are a ton of games I want to check out.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JZ

No price but it is a super slim.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

MS claimed its out as of now but I dont see it listed on amazon or best buy.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HaltIamReptar

@daneian said:

MS claimed its out as of now but I dont see it listed on amazon or best buy.

might just be retailers only right now

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.