Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

since it's now out , who here hates the new xbox dash?

• 83 results
    JoMate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By JoMate
    @MordeaniisChaos: only used it for 5 minutes cause I usually try to boot up an game as fast as possible, because I have caught myself browsing useless games and movies for pretty long times
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By haggis

I like it. It's snappier, more responsive. It's not a huge improvement over the NXE, but it fixes some of the things that irritated me. And I love the Netflix search update that also came out today.

DarkHeroZark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By DarkHeroZark

The game marketplace is cool but the organiaztion of it sucks still. (Was in dash beta.)

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By danielkempster

I'm not bothered by it whatsoever. It looks more or less exactly the same to me, just with a cleaner, more neutral design scheme. Even if I didn't like it, I still wouldn't care too much. Of the ten or so hours I spend on my 360 every week, the vast majority of that time is spent, y'know, playing video games.

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By zegolf
    @Supermarius: A bit off topic, but I use Grooveshark.  It's pretty much like Zune Pass (on-demand music) but it's streaming, available on Android phones and PC/MAC and only $3 a month.  It's gotta be illegal, but whatever.
    WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

If the overall speed and convenience of using the dash is improved then I will be very happy with the update. The last overhaul I liked to begin with but after the novelty had worn off I'm not actually sure if it was any quicker.

I will say that I still don't like that half of the background theme is obstructed, that said its a minor thing.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By alternate

I hear pirates hate the new dash, Aaarrr Jim Lad! 

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ViciousReiven

Visually painful, I hate squared designs, and I hate simplistic GUIs, I'm waiting for the day when we have overly intricate GUIs like sci-fi movies. 

In function it definitely seems better, I just wish the look didn't change. 
    In fact I loved the original blade design and am still really sad I'll never use it again.

Izaak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Izaak

I like it, although all the dirt and dust on my monitor shows up more on the white boxes.

Edit: Oh, and WTF is up with all that foggy smoke obscuring the bottom half of my themes. Grrr. 

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By FlipperDesert

It doesn't take me half a minute to load my game library anymore.

All is well.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#61  Edited By cornbredx

It was a long night so I havent updated yet. I'll let you know. 

Edit: Ok, I checked it out. It seems pretty cool. I like all the Avatar updates, except the hair, but thats no biggie. 

My only real complaint is how everything is now designed around the kinect and it shows. In some ways it reminds me of the WII. I guess the WII's interface was more streamlined so thats not entirely a bad thing really. It also seems like all the little boxes around the interface are bigger, which I dont know why but that annoys me. I guess I just have nit picks. 

It seems fine. The netflix update is probably the coolest thing about it.  

I'm a little disappointed they still havent made the download history more accessible. Showing the games you've paid for at least in your games collection list, or a link to the download history there would be nice. Or some way to organize that to find a game you want to redownload to play again would be nice. Otherwise, I like it. Its pretty neat. 

Edit: Oh forgot to add. The games marketplace I find a little more annoying to navigate now as well.
    LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By LegalBagel

Much cleaner and more appealing to me, perhaps a little faster in loading/scrolling compared to before. 

But as far as how a UI should be designed and function, still pretty terrible in how its organized and makes use of screen space.

jpjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jpjordan

during the beta, whenever I would go to a friend's house who didn't have the new dashboard, i saw the difference, and this new one is much much better.
    Berezov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Berezov

Well I have to pretend to hate it, it's new.

jpjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By jpjordan
    @PsEG said:
    "My only complaint is the way the avatars and backgrounds on the My Friends tab move towards and away from the screen while scrolling. It's a bit strange on the eyes. "

Yeah when I first got the dashboard a couple weeks ago, I thought the same thing.  But give it two or three days and you really begin to not even notice.
    JDM006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JDM006

Just read the following article and I think it sums up nicely my feelings about the new dashboard.

"...it feels like my console is trying to impress someone - and that someone isn't me. "
    The dashboard looks alright, but you can tell they are trying to appeal to other people in your home who normally don't use the xbox 360. The bright colors and the tutorial on how to navigate the dashboard are dead giveaways to Microsoft's Wii-ification of the xbox strategy.  It's really irritating to see Microsoft attempt to re-brand the xbox 360 to a "casual games console."  Don't they know that most people already have a Wii? 
    Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Portis

I think it looks really good, it feels faster to me in certain areas, but just as sluggish in others.  

But, yeah -- it's quite nice. It's fun to have new dashboard update every once in a good while, the old one was starting to feel stale to me.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @linus_south: I'm not a fan of the white on the Guide menu. I haven't actually seen the Dashboard yet though.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By iam3green

it looks alright. i only looked at it for like a couple of minutes after it updated. i tried downloading the update a couple of hours ago but it didn't download. i got it downloaded and installed. it looks more simple and new intro video.

crimsonclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By crimsonclown

I hate it to be honest. The new dashboard is visually a step down and it makes absolutely no sense for it to be flat now because you can see less options at any given time. Obviously they decided to make it 2D for Kinect but it annoys me that people who aren't using Kinect have to suffer the new design as a result. And it takes way longer to scroll to end of each block using the bumpers. The new guide looks bloody awful. Seriously, I'm no graphic designer but it looks so unprofessional, and it seems to be less fluid than before. Oh and the dash froze on me twice already. 

So yeah, big thumbs down here.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By CptChiken

I really like it. I like the minimalistic design and also i think its great how far they have come since those hideous blades.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#72  Edited By ch13696
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By yoctoyotta
    I like it a lot. I've been using it all throughout the beta for the better part of two months now and my only complaint is that there's no option to auto-sign-in to Live if you have more than one account on your system.
    rav84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By rav84

I am liking how everything is organized now for the most part and it all looks much cleaner. Now.... If only I could use the ESPN app; It is no fault of Microsoft that I cannot, but that my ISP is not part of ESPN's network.

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DougQuaid

It's a lot cleaner and snappier.  Netflix is awesome and the Zune app doesn't seem to be completely retarded anymore.  I also tested out the voice chat earlier and it definitely sounds a lot better.   

tracerace11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#76  Edited By tracerace11

I live the new dashboard... jsut one problem I am having....the menu that brings up the updates and downloads is taking forever and a day............

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#77  Edited By natetodamax

They totally effed with the voice chat. Talked with a friend today and he and I were both amazed when we discovered that it sounded like we were talking through some old telephones or something. Sounds a bit clearer but it's strange.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#78  Edited By Brendan

I'm lovin it.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79  Edited By mfpantst

Not me and I'm happy with the ESPN app.  Esp since I have comcast.

so there.

linus_south

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#80  Edited By linus_south

It seems that more people like it then hate it.  I'm really surprised. 

To be fair, I don't hate it entirely.  
    I don't like the obscene amount of white when hitting the xbox botton and, save device selection screen. (the new icons are shitty too forr your devices)  
    The new achievement icon pop seems funky, i overall dislike all the new sounds. (the kinect tutorial thing is a painful wii rip of music.)  

(I play on 2 Tv's  1 HD , 1 SD)   
     In SD almost everything looks fine minus the theme  and, your gamerscore / message notifications, the font  is way too damn small.  

I've heard a mixed bag on the games library loading time. Mine took a really long time before and, it seems shorter now but, still takes a while.  

Overall ..  for me it's 70% hate / 30% like 
    I hope it grows on me

Thanks for the thoughtful discussion everybody.     

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By NTM

It looks nice, it's a little slower though.
    badwhodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By badwhodo

it doesn't bother me.  i don't spend enough time on the dashboard to hate it.

Avatar image for 40oz_to_freedom
    40oz_To_Freedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By 40oz_To_Freedom

besides the fact that my xbox has slowed down a little. the search function in netflix is a welcomed change. Also the movement through the menus is a lot smoother and well designed. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.