The Xbox 360 is the biggest piece ever!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By WickedCobra03

Seriously now.  This is my 4th Xbox 360 that has went on me!  I do nothing to it.  Its properly ventilated, out of the 4 xbox's, they have been moved 2 times and carefully at that.  I am getting to the point where I just want to bash Bill Gates in his freaking face with the Xbox 360 and have him pay me the $400 that I originally paid for the thing plus $60 per game plus tax, gas and time lost between the 2-4 weeks that each was gone for!

This is why I started buying games for the PS3 cause now I can at least keep my self somewhat busy with Grand Theft Auto IV and Guitar Hero.... :|

The lonely and dark feeling you get after you see this!
The lonely and dark feeling you get after you see this!
I am not sure what I am doing wrong here?  Ventilated, check!  Flat surface, check!  Hard Surface, check!  Properly maintained, check!
I am not sure what I am doing wrong here? Ventilated, check! Flat surface, check! Hard Surface, check! Properly maintained, check!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Yeah man, thats one thing that I don't think will ever improve unfortunately.. I recently had  a friend who atthe beginning of the year got one,it red ringed a week later,he finally recieved a new one after a while, and that one died in 2 days.. then I know someone else who is on their 7th :\ I'm grateful I'm only on my second, and I hope every single day it lasts me a few years.

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Thunder

That sucks im lucky im only on my second

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

Amen dude, you'd think they would have their shit together by now but damn, this is just embarrassing for them. I'd play my 360 more if I didn't have a constant paranoia that it could bust into flames at any moment. XD

psr388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By psr388

i blame your hddvd drive

Beaudman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Beaudman

I haven't gotten the 3 red line one yet. But I got one red line going around in circles. I have no idea what that means, but my 360 runs a lot slower now. I think it's only a matter of time.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine

Actually it is not properly ventilated, there needs to be at least a foot of free space behind your 360.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crunchUK

DUH keep it out in the open AND you've got your HDDVD there. lol no wonder they keep dying on you.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crunchUK
TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"DUH keep it out in the open AND you've got your HDDVD there. lol no wonder they keep dying on you.
"
wow you do realize how pathetic it sounds that you have to be that fucking careful with a console. its ridiculous. and the fact that you moronic 360 fanboys keep getting rrod, sending them back, getting new ones, eventually buying news ones, getting rrod and....its pathetic. if my PS3 ever breaks, fuck it, ill just buy a wii and thats it. i dont pitty you guys at all. that failure rating is definitely higher than the 33% they say it is. 

"
you're right it's 100% but with one less 0  ; - )

also the ps3 is a pile of SHIT. how you can manage with a library so... just so pathetic really.

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MsCortana
Wolverine said:
"Actually it is not properly ventilated, there needs to be at least a foot of free space behind your 360."
I was going to say the same thing.  That little cubicle it's sitting in, is quite a small space. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"DUH keep it out in the open AND you've got your HDDVD there. lol no wonder they keep dying on you.
"
wow you do realize how pathetic it sounds that you have to be that fucking careful with a console. its ridiculous. and the fact that you moronic 360 fanboys keep getting rrod, sending them back, getting new ones, eventually buying news ones, getting rrod and....its pathetic. if my PS3 ever breaks, fuck it, ill just buy a wii and thats it. i dont pitty you guys at all. that failure rating is definitely higher than the 33% they say it is. 

"

also the ps3 is a pile of SHIT. how you can manage with a library so... just so pathetic really.

"
lol okay buddy keep dreaming. i dont sit around saying 360 has crappy games, i mean, its got gears and...halo. but if youre gonna sit their and use the old, completely busted, "ps3 has no games" argument, you are clearly a blind pathetic fanboy. seriously man, whats wrong with you? i own cod4, assasins creed, eye of judgement, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, GTA4, Wahawk, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, and Super Stardust HD, i manage pretty well, thanks for asking!
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Demyx
Yeah it sucks.My brother is still on his first, and he got it April '06
only reason his hasn't gotten the rings is cause he doesn't play it enough.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

lets see, how about that argument not happen and you both shutup about it? If you have any information or something to say about his problem feel free.

I would definitely say that after looking at that (my first 360 was in a place like that) it definitley needed to be a bit better ventilated, its still fairly enclosed. Not saying that would prevent it though, just maybe it could of helped a bit.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By WickedCobra03
crunchUK said:
"
Yeah, have you seen the like 3-5 inches around the rest of the thing though.  In back there is at least 5 inches for the freaking exhaust fans which should be enough...plus all the room up top...
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TwoOneFive
WickedCobra03 said:
"crunchUK said:
"
Yeah, have you seen the like 3-5 inches around the rest of the thing though.  In back there is at least 5 inches for the freaking exhaust fans which should be enough...plus all the room up top...
"
exactly my, my ps2 always sat in a shelf nearly identical to the one in your picture, and does my ps3 now. it aint gonna burn up because sony actually made their consoles with quality and with proper cooling and ventilation
HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HitNRun

Yeah that's not ventilated as much as it could be.

Rule of thumb: treat it like a crappy barebones PC, not a last-gen console. Be paranoid, give it its own space, get it near the air conditioner if you can, and stand it up. Supposedly standing up helps tremendously in preventing RROD, but you have to make sure the discs slide in right and don't get eaten.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crunchUK
TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"

"

"
lol okay buddy keep dreaming. i dont sit around saying 360 has crappy games, i mean, its got gears and...halo. but if youre gonna sit their and use the old, completely busted, "ps3 has no games" argument, you are clearly a blind pathetic fanboy. seriously man, whats wrong with you? i own cod4, assasins creed, eye of judgement, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, GTA4, Wahawk, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, and Super Stardust HD, i manage pretty well, thanks for asking!"

oh i SEE i'm a fanboy according to YOU, when you state that the fail rate is clearly higher than 33%. LMAO please, get a 360 and you'll suddenly fin a world of truth in what i said .
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By brukaoru

You're not doing anything wrong as far as I can see. You can have all the proper ventilation and everything, the Xbox 360s are just prone to get the RROD no matter what.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TwoOneFive
crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"

"

"
lol okay buddy keep dreaming. i dont sit around saying 360 has crappy games, i mean, its got gears and...halo. but if youre gonna sit their and use the old, completely busted, "ps3 has no games" argument, you are clearly a blind pathetic fanboy. seriously man, whats wrong with you? i own cod4, assasins creed, eye of judgement, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, GTA4, Wahawk, Resistance, Heavenly Sword, and Super Stardust HD, i manage pretty well, thanks for asking!"

oh i SEE i'm a fanboy according to YOU, when you state that the fail rate is clearly higher than 33%. LMAO please, get a 360 and you'll suddenly fin a world of truth in what i said .
"
its higher than 33% from my experience because ALL of my friends have gotten RROD. and im talking about a dozen people. . whats the word of truth? the failure raiting is 10% because thats bullshit, and uh, ps3 is a pile of shit, hmmm now thats a some ragging bull shit. and i never said you are a fanboy, and i said that if you really are trying to use that shitty old "ps3 has no games" argument, then you MUST be a fanboy. 
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By crunchUK
TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"

"

"

"
its higher than 33% from my experience because ALL of my friends have gotten RROD. and im talking about a dozen people. . whats the word of truth? the failure raiting is 10% because thats bullshit, and uh, ps3 is a pile of shit, hmmm now thats a some ragging bull shit. and i never said you are a fanboy, and i said that if you really are trying to use that shitty old "ps3 has no games" argument, then you MUST be a fanboy. "
actually it's less than 10%. statistics>>>you

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Cube

RROD sucks, but the 360 itself isn't a bad machine.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_

Why do you even come here, philly-boy? All you ever do is post inflammatory things that will only serve to distract and ruin the topic, while dragging everyone's opinions of you down.

Anyway- that Xbox is not well ventilated at all. It's sitting on wood, an organic substance with high insulator abilities. It's laying on it's side (which I do too), but that is definitely worse for ventilation than upright, even if it's less safe. Then you've got it enclosed on top.

The way I have mine set up, it's on an old TV stand, so there's latticed metal across the bottom shelf (nullifying the bad part of laying it down) and around a foot and a half of space on all sides. Plus, there's usually an open window with cool air always coming in right next to it. If you get another one, try getting it it's own small table on the left and plug it in from there.

LuffyUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By LuffyUzumaki

u made the biggest mistake you put in a closed area

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Riddler

wow, what did you expect when you put it in a place with no air. idiot

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shocker

I just got RROD as well...

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Shawn

Xbox 360 isn't the biggest piece ever.

This is
This is

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jayge_

Wow, no need for the hate. He made a mistake people. Keep it civil.

gunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gunslinger

Don't you just love the mature nature in which everyone speaks thanks to the anonymity of the internet...

From personal experience, it sounds like these guys have some pent up emotions that they need to get rid of.
And yeah, if it broke that many times, then chances are it wasn't just Microsoft making a bad machine. It might've been that you just had really bad luck, and the Xbox got stuck underneath an open crate of magnifying glasses in a pickup truck as it was being returned to you, but odds are it's just a ventilation problem.

You might have it on a hard surface, and have it properly maintained, but nevertheless, its surrounded by wood, which is a natural insulator, and its in a box that doesn't allow for good air circulation.

Stick a few of those mini-fans behind it, and it'll all be fine.

Yeah, it might be that only 30%, or 10%, or whatever % of Xboxes break, but that just means that you have bad luck. Mine only broke once, and that was because I'd been trying to play a 72-hour-long Halo-a-thon.

(Which isn't, in hindsight, the best of ideas for neither your personal hygeine, or your sanity. Because afterwards, you'll hear that "shield low" sound everywhere you go...)

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Subway

That's well ventilated? ahahahahahahahahah

Francois

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Francois
crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"

"

"

"
its higher than 33% from my experience because ALL of my friends have gotten RROD. and im talking about a dozen people. . whats the word of truth? the failure raiting is 10% because thats bullshit, and uh, ps3 is a pile of shit, hmmm now thats a some ragging bull shit. and i never said you are a fanboy, and i said that if you really are trying to use that shitty old "ps3 has no games" argument, then you MUST be a fanboy. "
actually it's less than 10%. statistics>>>you

"
Sorry, I'm not actually quoting this.  I just felt compelled to show how pointless it is that some people insist that they argue about which system they think is better.  You vote with your wallet, so I think we should let the other consumers vote with theirs.  Both systems have their ups and downs, and the Red Ring is basically just a big checkmark in the "cons" column for the 360.  Yeah, I've had the Red Ring before; I'm on my third 360 at the moment.  But I'm not complaining about it, since I spent my money on a 360.  Bashing the other console seriously doesn't help anybody.

Oh yeah, and at this point, it's pretty hard to see what the original quote was anyway.
Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Major
TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"crunchUK said:
"

"

"

"
You're basing the failure rate on how many friends have had a RROD? Sigh, I know 10 or so people with a 360 and none of them have had RROD. With your logic the failure rate is 0%.

I swear... PS3 fanboys are some of the most aggressive, raging fanboys I have ever seen... Even worse than Linux fanboys.
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Shawn

Why is everyone getting mad at him? I mean it's his fault he didn't keep it well ventilated, some people are acting like OP made everyone else's 360 get red ringed.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NickL

thats not ventilated properly as many people have said

i still have my console i got at launch...

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By LightYagami245
NickL said:
"thats not ventilated properly as many people have said

i still have my console i got at launch...
"
Me too. Hasn't died once.
Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I don't mean to blame you or anything, but you're just playing too much. Try playing every other day, or if you can't, just play an hour or two a day.

It's that easy ;)

MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MojondeVACA

Well too bad for you.. i had have my 360 since late 2006 and not problems..sometimes i wonder what people does to their consoles...

DeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DeeJay

I was on my 4th when it broke, so i got it replaced then sold it for a ps3...so yeah 360's suck really bad when they're broken

But damn it it was awesome when it was...y'know...working >_>

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By KingBroly

If I get past a third one, I'm ditching the xbox brand for good (I'm only on my 2nd though).

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By crunchUK
Sentry said:
"Funny how people ACTUALLY think that less then 10% of 360s fail.. Lmao, talk about denial.
"
funny how people don't. besides going by your avatar we all know who is in denial   ; )
MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MojondeVACA
Sentry said:
"Funny how people ACTUALLY think that less then 10% of 360s fail.. Lmao, talk about denial.
"
Hmm what else a guy with a PS avatar could say?your kind should not be talking about denial.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

my 360 pro launch unit and elite model 12 month old still work fine:)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

How many damn times must I say this, that avatar was from when i was on a PS3 forum way back. I had different variations of it you know.

And how could I be in denial? About what? That 360s actually DO get RRODs? I had one before (sold it while back), and it never got it thankfully, but a friend of mine has had it twice, had a 360 since a little after launch. So it's not EXTREMELY bad, but there is no denying it happens a lot.

I need to change this avatar, but I can't find the original one... ><'

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Sentry said:
"*sigh*

How many damn times must I say this, that avatar was from when i was on a PS3 forum way back. I had different variations of it you know.

And how could I be in denial? About what? That 360s actually DO get RRODs? I had one before (sold it while back), and it never got it thankfully, but a friend of mine has had it twice, had a 360 since a little after launch. So it's not EXTREMELY bad, but there is no denying it happens a lot.

"
I dont know why you bitch in such a way, your the one that choose to use that avatar, and have an ps3 alignment, maybe if you hadn't chose that avatar then...yeah you get the idea.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By crunchUK
Sentry said:
"*sigh*

"

yes but you are deying that the fail rate these days is 8-10% just like the TC who thought it was higher than 33%. lul worthy
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By mike

Next time don't put your 360 in an enclosed space like that.  No wonder you're killing electronics left and right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.