Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Thinking of upgrading

Boyling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Boyling

I have a pretty old Xbox 360 here without HDMI and a pretty small hard drive. I'm thinking of upgrading to an Elite. Now how do they go about with my previous downloaded games? Will I have to order one of those cables and transfer it all or can I just redownload them? Are there any potential problems going from one machine and hard drive to another set even though I'll be using the same profile?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

The Elites don't come with a cable transfer, so you will have to transfer the game licenses to your new system on Xbox.com.

It's pretty simple, but you will have to do the process one at a time for your games and DLC.  A definite pain in the ass if you have a lot of Rock Band songs.  As for game saves... you will need to get a memory card to transfer them over.

Boyling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Boyling

Ah, I thought you had to order a cable and do a physical transfer. Shame about the save games and memory card though since I don't have a memory card. Although I think I can probably borrow one from a friend..

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Boyling said:
    " Ah, I thought you had to order a cable and do a physical transfer. Shame about the save games and memory card though since I don't have a memory card. Although I think I can probably borrow one from a friend.. "
    You can try calling 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and asking for a transfer cable thingy. They were giving them out for free to customers of the Elite at it's launch who requested them. It's worth a try because it will transfer your saved games as well as everything else you have downloaded much quicker than redownloading.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

u can redownload the things u bought on xbox live. i would suggest go to gamestop or something buy a used memory card and get all of the saves onto there. a few days later u go back tell them that it doesn't work so u can get ur money back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.