Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Turn off Kinect voice commands for Hulu Plus app?

joshrholloway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By joshrholloway

Sometimes when watching movies or TV shows on Hulu Plus, Netflix, and other video apps, a character will say something that the Kinect's microphone picks up and interprets as a voice command. The most annoying is when it thinks that someone told it to pause. This happens more frequently than you'd think.

Anyway, I have the system-wide voice commands turned off for Kinect, but apparently the individual apps do not respect this setting and continue to use voice commands. I've looked through settings and I don't see any explicit options to turn it off.

Does anyone know how I can remedy this issue besides unplugging my Kinect sensor? We use it for games almost every day so this would be a huge annoyance.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Sadly no there is no way that I know of to turn it off my friend has kinect and ended up having to disconnect it whenever he watched hulu or netflix because the thing would pick up voices that didn't even remotely say any command and then do that command.

joshrholloway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By joshrholloway

@Narwhalist: Yep, it's very consistent, to the point that every time we reach the exact same line in certain shows it will cause the same commands to occur. This is particularly frustrating because we basically just have to fast-forward past the offending part or it gets stuck in a loop.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats

That's very cool actually.

I would just unplug it myself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.