Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Which audio setting to use on xbox 360 for left-center-right-sub?

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

I used to have a 5.1 system, but I recently bought a new HDTV and mounted it on the only wall in the room that would be flat enough to mount it. But, now I am limited to a 3.1 (left-center-right-subwoofer) system due to the configuration of the room, or remove some bookcases, but honestly not worth the trouble to me.

So which setting should I use on my 360 now? I used to use the Dolby Digital 5.1 setting. Should I switch to stereo? WIll leaving it as 5.1 make it so the audio mix will have sounds still occur on the rear channels even if there are no speakers. So I might just not hear some things? Would switching to stereo have all the sound output come from the front channels? Searched but couldn't get a clear answer via google. I assume some people also have my setup running with the 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.