Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

x360 - VGA and dazzle?

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DeadlyPain

just wondering if anyone could help me with this problem i've come across 

i had a crappy 20" TV that only could do the standard 480p...or "i" i'm dunno which.... - plus it cuts off a portion of the screen - Example: Star Ocean 4 << the rush gauge of the players you can barely see them X_x 
    so to solve it, i decided in favour of getting the x360 VGA cable as i already have a 22" monitor - it has both VGA and DVI connection so i can connect both my PC and xbox to it, i thought Great! 
    but since doing so i have rendered my dazzle useless :( - it uses the composite cables to record 
    i can plug the xbox 360 directly into it but it means playing the game though the dazzle software (theres a 1-2 second delay, which is horrible) 

i was wondering if anyone knows of a way to to record the VGA connection? 
    or should i just keep the TV in my room with the dazzle hooked up to that then swop the VGA to composite everytime i wish to record?  <<< theres a major flaw in doing that - i tend to record gameplay while mid-game (instead of recording the whole level which leads to alot of Gigabytes of data on the harddrive), but if you unplug the VGA cable to plug the composite cable in, it resets the xbox 360 :( 

any help would be appreciated here
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I had a similar problem when I got my Dazzle. What I do is just use the component cables to play at 720p most of the time but keep the composite cables connected at the same time with some Y-splitters so all I have to do is change the little switch on my av cable. Although it does reset the Xbox, it's the only way to do it I think due to the lack of HD support on the Dazzle. But I can't complain, I got my Dazzle for free from my friend.     :P

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RsistncE

Do you have a video in on your video card? if you do you could play it through the video in software on your computer and record that video but again there could be delay. I can't see a way around this.

All I can say is give you the obvious answer...buy an LCD with component and HDMI in.

bseed81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bseed81

Go to this video. It explains things perfectly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2Ep5K4_dg

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

That or you will have to settle buying a Matrox encoder which price very high.

ADarkMatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ADarkMatter

Why has this thread got 1000+ views and only 5 comments? weird

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@ADarkMatter said:

Why has this thread got 1000+ views and only 5 comments? weird

It got hella bumped from the stone age.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By dillonwerner

Holy thread necro.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.