Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox 360 achievements in arcade are screwed

Lassegp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Lassegp

So i got a problem. I used to have another harddrive for my 360, and obviously ive had to re download some of my arcade games. Problem is that when i play some of them, i cant unlock achievements. Its happened in Brain Challenge and SF2. When i press the dashboard button i can see that my gamerscore is 0, and that i apparently havent played any games - AT ALL! I got a 80k + gamerscore and played more than 250 games i think. 

Anyone else noticed this bug, perhaps someone has got a solution? Help please

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

yes, i get that sometimes. it's the gamerscore loading. i would say don't worry about it. maybe ur doing something wrong if u can't get the achievement.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Karmum
    @Lassegp said:
    " So i got a problem. I used to have another harddrive for my 360, and obviously ive had to re download some of my arcade games. Problem is that when i play some of them, i cant unlock achievements. Its happened in Brain Challenge and SF2. When i press the dashboard button i can see that my gamerscore is 0, and that i apparently havent played any games - AT ALL! I got a 80k + gamerscore and played more than 250 games i think.   Anyone else noticed this bug, perhaps someone has got a solution? Help please "
    Don't worry about that. Sometimes it'll say "0 gamerscore" for me when I'm loading up still in my dashboard, too. Trust me, your 80k plus gamerscore hasn't vanished, and my near-60k gamerscore didn't either. I don't know about the achievement unlocking situation, though.
    Lassegp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lassegp

Its not that my score is resetted, but i have to sign out and in again to reload my score. And when i do that, it doesnt say that i have played those games on my last played list.

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By rinkalicous

If you copied games from hardrive to MU/MU to harddrive using an account that didn't own them, you can't earn gamerscore in that game for some reason, even if the account you used to buy the game originally is signed in. If this is the case, download the games again and don't move them using any other account. 

That probably isn't the problem, but it's worth checking just in case.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By unsolvedparadox
    @Lassegp said:
    "Its not that my score is resetted, but i have to sign out and in again to reload my score. And when i do that, it doesnt say that i have played those games on my last played list. "

It's weird, I have that problem on my 360 dashboard but not on Xbox.ca or anywhere else that tracks achievements/last played.
    Lassegp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lassegp
    @Rinkalicous said:
    " If you copied games from hardrive to MU/MU to harddrive using an account that didn't own them, you can't earn gamerscore in that game for some reason, even if the account you used to buy the game originally is signed in. If this is the case, download the games again and don't move them using any other account.  That probably isn't the problem, but it's worth checking just in case. "
    I will try that out man, but i dont think its the problem. I've already unlocked some chivies in those 2 games, before i got a new HDD. Its strange that i cant find any solution on the internet - it is the 360 afterall - somebody are bound to have experienced problems like me :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.