Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox 360 VS PS3 graphics Contest

• 56 results
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By daniel_beck_90

Here is an article about the  Xbox 360 VS PS3  graphics comparison by gamespot  .

It is apparent  that few of  Multi platform games look essentially identical on both consoles whereas the other are better on Xbox 360 due to better shadows , lighting , higher resolution  or more stable frame rate .

Apart from few exception , most of the Multi-platform games look better on Xbox 360
    Apart from few exception , most of the Multi-platform games look better on Xbox 360

Games included in this contest :

Fallout 3 – looks better on X360

Soul caliber IV – looks identical on both platforms

Dead space – looks slightly better on 360

Star wars : The Force unleashed - is more detailed and with higher resolution on Xbox 360  

Call of Duty world at war – looks slightly better on Xbox 360

Madden NFL : 09  - looks identical on both platforms

Mortal Kombat VS DC universe – looks better on Xbox 360 due to better lighting and higher resolution

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Here is an article about the  Xbox 360 VS PS3  graphics comparison by gamespot  .

It is apparent  that few of  Multi platform games look essentially identical on both consoles whereas the other are better on Xbox 360 due to better shadows , lighting , higher resolution  or more stable frame rate .

Games included in this contest :

Fallout 3 – looks better on X360

Soul caliber IV – looks identical on both platforms

Dead space – looks slightly better on 360

Star wars : The Force unleashed - is more detailed and with higher resolution on Xbox 360  

Call of Duty world at war – looks slightly better on Xbox 360

Madden NFL : 09  - looks identical on both platforms

Mortal Kombat VS DC universe – looks better on Xbox 360 due to better lighting and higher resolution

AspiringAndy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By AspiringAndy

Even though I own a 360 and don't own a PS3. I always thought that the PS3 was technically superior I must have thought wrong. Anyway I don't buy consoles for their graphics, I buy them for the exclusives :D

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By keyhunter
    AspiringAndy said:
    "Even though I own a 360 and don't own a PS3. I always thought that the PS3 was technically superior I must have thought wrong. Anyway I don't buy consoles for their graphics, I buy them for the exclusives :D"
      The PS3 loses there too boyo.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

AspiringAndy said:
    "Even though I own a 360 and don't own a PS3. I always thought that the PS3 was technically superior I must have thought wrong. Anyway I don't buy consoles for their graphics, I buy them for the exclusives :D"
    When it comes to straight schematics, the PS3 is the more capable machine.  The problems stem from the fact that its technology is unconventional console hardware, so, from my understanding, most developers of multi-platform games build their products on 360 hardware.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok

Pics or didn't happen.

(didn't read the post, but I find comparisons worthless without proof)

RodneythePom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By RodneythePom

at the end of they day, the difference is marginal at best and you should just enjoy your games.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By samcotts

The 360 has the edge over the PS3 on multiplats, but there's no denying that PS3 exclusives are the best looking games on consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PureRok said:
    "Pics or didn't happen.

(didn't read the post, but I find comparisons worthless without proof)"
    Click the link he's provided. 
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Kazona

Actually Call of Duty: World at War is a tie between the two. The 360 has better antialiasing, while the PS3's lighting is better. Or at least that's what article says. Personally I like the 360's lighting more in all the games, but that's my opinion. Others might disagree.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    PureRok said:
    "Pics or didn't happen.

(didn't read the post, but I find comparisons worthless without proof)"
    there are at least 4 images for each game ; ust follow the link  Here 
    all the images were taken at the same level /time of the day (in game time )  for the sake of accurate result
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Red

Meh. I can't trust gamespot after all the false reporting they've done. I mean, they did a special on cheap games this year. They made so many errors in that special.

I think that the IGN Head 2 Heads break it down a lot better and it's just a lot more fair.
    Even then, who cares if a game looks a tiny bit better on the 360? 360 devs have been using it for an extra year than the PS3.
    Plus, the PS3 highs are a lot better than the 360's.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StaticFalconar
    The differences are so minor, you are splitting hairs just to make a deal out of it. Freaking GS did this shit because it knew it would get the fanbois from both sides to click in to increase their page views. I enjoy the graphics on both systems as they are high enough.

keyhunter
    said:
    "AspiringAndy said:
      The PS3 loses there too boyo."
    Well obviously he has a 360 then.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Your an absolute idiot. Also known as an XBOX 360 fanboy.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Screw glitchspot.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Snail

Who cares about shitty details? Enjoy the game, the only one in which graphics comparison made a difference was in Falllout 3.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Red

^^^

Yeah, unless a game is drastically different between 2 consoles like in Fallout 3 it doesn't matter. They've gotten to the point where they're the exact same game. It then just boils down to personal preference.
    fooflighter737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fooflighter737
    RodneythePom said:
    "at the end of they day, the difference is marginal at best and you should just enjoy your games."
    NIce sentiment and all but we're all geeks here and love the best of the best.  If it were so much to simply "enjoy" your games, then get rid or your lcd/plasma hook up your composite cables, throw out your hdmi monster cord and just be happy with your crappy SD picture...face it we all want the best from our consoles even if the difference is marginal at best.  Sorry but the PS3 while superior in specs and theory just fails when it comes to developer friendliness and that is key.  MS was smart, they new they could skimp on hardware but threw all there money into developer tools which gives the developers a leg up on the XBOX which translates to more software sales and better graphics since there are less ports and more 1st run developed projects that start on the Xbox platform, hence the better, more polished graphics
    The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By The_Icon

I bet taken from the Gamespot eh? Well, Dead Space looks exactly the same, the only difference is have to do with a show in a picture. Those small difference doesn't really make any difference, the fact that you are gaming on a system that hardly gets out even after 48 hrs straight.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Icon

I guess if the post was posted on the PS3 forum also, we would have had a evenly balanced debate.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    BestUsernameEver said:
    "Your an absolute idiot. Also known as an XBOX 360 fanboy.
    The way you speak shows your Wisdom , I am not a 360 Fan Boy , for the 12456th time : I own both consoles and I like 'em both although I do most of my gaming with 360 . guess what Here is my past Blog called PS3 to win 2009.    I care about both consoles and I am eagerly waiting for God Of War 3 .

PS : insulting is always the easiest way 

StaticFalconar
    said:
    "The differences are so minor, you are splitting hairs just to make a deal out of it. Freaking GS did this shit because it knew it would get the fanbois from both sides to click in to increase their page views. I enjoy the graphics on both systems as they are high enough.

"
    you should not expect drastic differences you know !!! PlayStation 3 is as powerful  as Xbox 360 (if not stronger ). the only reason behind these little differences is PS3's complexity

StaticFalconar
    said:
    "
    I own both consoles and I am proud of both But I would not ignore their issues .

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Claude

I feel bad for the PS3, after all that the PS and PS2 did for the industry. The PS2 was the greatest console I ever owned, just because of its diversity of titles and the entertainment it brought me. The PS2 was the least powerful of the last generation and now the PS3 is the most advanced, but third parties aren't pushing the PS3 and I don't see this changing anytime soon. What have you done for me lately seems to be the practice and I guess Sony quit greasing the pockets of developers, so in the multi-platform world... cost effective wins.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pause422

These tests always go like this...multiplatform games in general, unlessed they are lead developed on the PS3 usually look better on the 360, even in the very very least. Lead deving on a PC and transferring to 360 is much easier than doign it on a PS3, or lead deving on a 360 to PS3 is also totally different. It works the best when there are 2 teams making the absolute best looking/running game possible for each platform, then they get released at the same time, those are the ones that usually look equal. 2 years later and people still find the PS3 just even the least, a bit harder to do things on, and that's why this happens.

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AutomaticSnake

Well i got both PS3 and 360 and MGS4 looks better then all 360 games, even better then gears 2. Some people might not agree but it doesn't matter cuz killzone 2 takes a load of crap on all 360 games. And we will have the best looking racing game, GT5 when it comes out 09/2010 w/ damage!! woot!

PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pause422

While I would of agreed from the start of that, that yes, PS3 only games have been looking pretty amazing and better than most 360 ones, that chance is now done since you're just being a stupid fanboy. Get over yourself.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#27  Edited By wefwefasdf
    AutomaticSnake said:
    "Well i got both PS3 and 360 and MGS4 looks better then all 360 games, even better then gears 2. Some people might not agree but it doesn't matter cuz killzone 2 takes a load of crap on all 360 games. And we will have the best looking racing game, GT5 when it comes out 09/2010 w/ damage!! woot!

PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360"
    People like you make my brain hurt.
    commodore64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By commodore64

clearly my system is vastly superior based solely on the aliasing of distant rocks.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    AutomaticSnake said:
    "Well i got both PS3 and 360 and MGS4 looks better then all 360 games, even better then gears 2. Some people might not agree but it doesn't matter cuz killzone 2 takes a load of crap on all 360 games. And we will have the best looking racing game, GT5 when it comes out 09/2010 w/ damage!! woot!

PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360"
    PS3 's exclusive titles are absolutely astonishing  . in fact the way exclusive titles like MGS4 and Killzone 2 look on PS3 show its tremendous power .
    I admit that Killzone 2 is the best looking first person shooter after Crysis .

as I said before the only reason behind the Multi-platform games being less detailed on PS3  is the challenge of  porting the games on that console .
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    Tarsier said:
    "I don't understand the misconception that the PS3 is more powerful than the 360. Sony sure does know how to market their system.
    The 360 is the superior system buds, accept it ;)
    "
    Xbox 360 is undoubtedly the superior console , it is not me saying , the sales speak for themselves .
    though I believe without PS3's exclusive titles  the gaming experience is somewhat  incomplete . I personally can not ignore superb titles like MGS4 or God Of War 3
    though I will never ever buy a Multi-platform game for my  PS3.........  EVER .
    code305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By code305

I disagree

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BestUsernameEver
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "BestUsernameEver said:
    The way you speak shows your Wisdom , I am not a 360 Fan Boy , for the 12456th time : I own both consoles and I like 'em both although I do most of my gaming with 360 . guess what Here is my past Blog called PS3 to win 2009.    I care about both consoles and I am eagerly waiting for God Of War 3 .

StaticFalconar
    said:
    "The differences are so minor, you are splitting hairs just to make a deal out of it. Freaking GS did this shit because it knew it would get the fanbois from both sides to click in to increase their page views. I enjoy the graphics on both systems as they are high enough.

"
    you should not expect drastic differences you know !!! PlayStation 3 is as powerful  as Xbox 360 (if not stronger ). the only reason behind these little differences is PS3's complexity

StaticFalconar
    said:
    "
    I own both consoles and I am proud of both But I would not ignore their issues .

"
    ^^^^Owned
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    BestUsernameEver said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    "BestUsernameEver said:

StaticFalconar
    said:

"

StaticFalconar
    said:
    "

"
    ^^^^Owned"
    I lol'ed
    TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By TheGamerGeek

To me, I thought Dead Space and TFU looked better on the PS3, I guess my eyes were deceiving me! Noooo

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    TheGamerGeek said:
    "To me, I thought Dead Space and TFU looked better on the PS3, I guess my eyes were deceiving me! Noooo"
    well the photos are included in that article , you can see 'em for yourself

BTW you are one hell of  an Edge fan are not you ?
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By get2sammyb
    samcotts said:
    "The 360 has the edge over the PS3 on multiplats, but there's no denying that PS3 exclusives are the best looking games on consoles."
    Spot on correct. Only thing I'd adapt is "360 has the edge over the PS3 on some multiplats..."

I worry for the nature of this thread though.
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By KamasamaK
    Tarsier said:
    "I don't understand the misconception that the PS3 is more powerful than the 360. Sony sure does know how to market their system.
    The 360 is the superior system buds, accept it ;)
    "
    And what do you know about hardware? The fact is that the Cell is more powerful than Xbox 360's CPU, but more difficult to develop for. The Xbox 360's GPU is more flexible, but doesn't produce color as accurately as PS3's. Obviously all of this is moot if the software isn't up to par.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I recommend you guys to listen to this edition of Distributed Failure Pod Cast , it is by Kush and  Hendersonman  , this Podcast is related to the Thread and is an awesome Podcast nonetheless

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gabe Newell and John Carmack hate the innards of the PS3. When two absolute programming geniuses deride the make-up of the Cell, then maybe Sony should do a better job of getting tools and help to their third party developers.
    I mean, MGS4 still looks absolutely amazing. And Killzone 2 is looking stunning. Though I'd be way more excited about it if they hadn't made that goddamn E3 trailer all those years ago.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    TeflonBilly said:
    "Gabe Newell and John Carmack hate the innards of the PS3. When two absolute programming geniuses deride the make-up of the Cell, then maybe Sony should do a better job of getting tools and help to their third party developers.
    I mean, MGS4 still looks absolutely amazing. And Killzone 2 is looking stunning. Though I'd be way more excited about it if they hadn't
    As I said before  PS3 is a relatively weaker console in terms of Multi-platform games but this console shows its  astounding power with its exclusive titles

TeflonBilly
    said:
    made that goddamn E3 trailer all those years ago."
    Dude , have not you tried Killzone 2's demo ? Killzone 2 looks as good as that CG trailer
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pibo47

NO FUCK YOU! (just heard newest podcast)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daniel_beck_90 said:
    Dude , have not you tried Killzone 2's demo ? Killzone 2 looks as good as that CG trailer
    Ain't got the beta, but it looks very promising indeed. I'm looking forward to putting a PS3 game on my evergrowing backlog.
    Avatar image for disabilityfishy
    DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

@The Dead Space comparison:
    ReTarDedFisHy has seen and played both versions, and they both have the same issues with the shadows being rendered onto Isaac in some areas. However, these areas aren't the same for both consoles, it's apparent that GameSpot just happened to stumble across this one area on the PS3 during the comparison. Also, they make no mention about the PS3's advantage in Anisotropic Filtering and HDR lighting. In fact, the PS3 has double the HDR lighting as the 360 and is twice as intense and powerful because the PS3's RSX supports full 128-bit HDR, whereas the 360's Xenon outputs 64-bit lighting. Textures are even in both versions, but looks the smallest bit better on the PS3 because of the slightest advantage in AF. What's odd is that the 360 has the (more) washed-out colors this time around for a multi-platform, everything's a lot brighter. This shouldn't really be a factor in any comparison because it can always be fixed by either adjusting the brightness in-game, or adjusting the colors on your TV.

If you want a real comparison, head over to VideoGamer.com for the Dead Space comparison video here:
    Dead Space Video Comparison (HD)

As for the other comparisons, they're not even worth comparing, except for Fallout 3 and MK vs. DCU, where the 360 is clearly better.
    The only multi-platform to date that is clearly better on the PS3 that ReTarDedFisHy has seen is Dead Space. And maybe Burnout: Paradise, but it isn't totally obvious like Dead Space. ReTarDedFisHy is glad that EA Redwood did such a good job at making the PS3 version of Dead Space and even made it lead console during development. Every other developers seem to have a real problem "getting" the PS3.

P.S. Uncharted 2 looks freakin' amazing, and in real-time too. Even though it was only, what, a 30 second trailer?

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    ReTarDedFisHy said:
    "@The Dead Space comparison:
    ReTarDedFisHy has seen and played both versions, and they both have the same issues with the shadows being rendered onto Isaac in some areas. However, these areas aren't the same for both consoles, it's apparent that GameSpot just happened to stumble across this one area on the PS3 during the comparison. Also, they make no mention about the PS3's advantage in Anisotropic Filtering and HDR lighting. In fact, the PS3 has double the HDR lighting as the 360 and is twice as intense and powerful because the PS3's RSX supports full 128-bit HDR, whereas the 360's Xenon outputs 64-bit lighting. Textures are even in both versions, but looks the smallest bit better on the PS3 because of the slightest advantage in AF. What's odd is that the 360 has the (more) washed-out colors this time around for a multi-platform, everything's a lot brighter. This shouldn't really be a factor in any comparison because it can always be fixed by either adjusting the brightness in-game, or adjusting the colors on your TV.

If you want a real comparison, head over to VideoGamer.com for the Dead Space comparison video here:
    Dead Space Video Comparison (HD)

As for the other comparisons, they're not even worth comparing, except for Fallout 3 and MK vs. DCU, where the 360 is clearly better.
    The only multi-platform to date that is clearly better on the PS3 that ReTarDedFisHy has seen is Dead Space. And maybe Burnout: Paradise, but it isn't totally obvious like Dead Space. ReTarDedFisHy is glad that EA Redwood did such a good job at making the PS3 version of Dead Space and even made it lead console during development. Every other developers seem to have a real problem "getting" the PS3.

The original article was written by Gamespot and Daniel Beck has not checked ‘em himself  :P 

ReTarDedFisHy said:

P.S. Uncharted 2 looks freakin' amazing, and in real-time too. Even though it was only, what, a 30 second trailer?"

As Daniel Beck said before  , PS3 ‘s exclusive titles look spectacular no questions asked  :P

RodneythePom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RodneythePom
    chughes737 said:
    "RodneythePom said:
    "at the end of they day, the difference is marginal at best and you should just enjoy your games."
    NIce sentiment and all but we're all geeks here and love the best of the best.  If it were so much to simply "enjoy" your games, then get rid or your lcd/plasma hook up your composite cables, throw out your hdmi monster cord and just be happy with your crappy SD picture...face it we all want the best from our consoles even if the difference is marginal at best.  Sorry but the PS3 while superior in specs and theory just fails when it comes to developer friendliness and that is key.  MS was smart, they new they could skimp on hardware but threw all there money into developer tools which gives the developers a leg up on the XBOX which translates to more software sales and better graphics since there are less ports and more 1st run developed projects that start on the Xbox platform, hence the better, more polished graphics"
    honestly I think the argument of graphics vs. systems is a testament why gaming has seen a lack of innovation. Look at what we are arguing about. Graphics. Not games. Why? The PS3 and 360 share 80% of the same games. What games should really be more concerned with is the quality and quantity of games that come out. Notice how companies put so much focus on the looks of a game, rather than the quality of the gameplay? Maybe I'm crazy but it should be the other way around.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By LiquidPrince

They may have said that 360 looks better, but when I was looking, majority of effects and stuff I was looking for looked better on PS3. Except for parts of Force Unleashed, Fallout 3, and MK vs DC. 360 games look more washed out now which is weird since that used to be a PS3 problem.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By StaticFalconar
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    StaticFalconar said:
    "

"
    The 360 comment wasn't at you numb nuts, I was quoting from:

keyhunter said:
    "AspiringAndy said:

Which if you would know if you quoted me correctly.

You'd think you'd read our own thread more carefully.......
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    StaticFalconar said:
    "daniel_beck_90 said:
    StaticFalconar said:
    "

"
    The 360 comment wasn't at you numb nuts, I was quoting from:

keyhunter said:
    "AspiringAndy said:

Which if you would know if you quoted me correctly.

You'd think you'd read our own thread more carefully......."
      I knew it was to someone else clever !!!
    I just needed a quote to emphasize the fact that no matter you own a 360 or not  most of the multi-platform  games look slightly  better on Xbox 360 .
    AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AutomaticSnake
    SpikeSpiegel said:
    "AutomaticSnake said:

PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>360"
    People like you make my brain hurt."
    yeah sorry i aint a xbot like most people here

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.