Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox LIVE Exploded?

Kin3tiK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kin3tiK

**LIVE is back up, people can now go back to wasting their lives away**

For anyone else? Bunch of friends and I all got DC'd, and the site is down. Ideas?

*Edit*
    @Ultimadark:
    I'm in Australia. My friends can't connect either. Also, xbox website seems to be down.

Ultimadark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ultimadark

I can't connect either, just got home with MoH and it's not working :( Where do you live? I live in Sweden

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Baillie

It's gone. I guess it's onto the Wii. Friend Codes everyone, now.

Bogitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bogitt

Ah hell, was wondering what was going on.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

You know what's really wrong? I was finally at the end of a difficult Tier 1 mission in Medal of Honor, and....Disconnected from EA Servers. Evidently, you have to be signed in to Xbox Live and the EA Server in order to play single player Tier 1. Wonderful. 

Fuck you, EA. Fuck you right in your stupid asses.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @MB:   Yeah can hardly blame them though.  The EA servers are hosted by the same infrastructure as Live.  Once Live is down it's more than likely that EA's servers would be too.
    Kin3tiK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kin3tiK
    @MB: 
    Ouch... that's ridiculous.

*edit*
    @SeriouslyNow:
    But you wouldn't think tying a single player experience to an on online connection to be the smartest requirement...
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Baillie
    @SeriouslyNow: Yeah, but the fact is single player games should be playable offline. This means if you don't have an online xbox and want to play Tier 1... well. You can't.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mike
    @Baillie: I'm enjoying Tier 1 mode more than I did the actual campaign. No respawns, no unlimited extra ammo from your teammates, and meta scoring for headshots, melee kills, and killstreaks that all freeze the mission timer for a few seconds. The part I like about it the most is that there are leaderboards for accuracy, frozen time, mission time, headshots, grenade kills, longest kill distance, stuff like that. On a few of the missions I'm still in the top ten for accuracy and I haven't really been trying yet.  

When I got kicked out of Neptune's Net just now I was nearly at the end and was probably hovering at 90%+ accuracy, more than enough to put me in the #1 slot on that leaderboard. Oh well.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Baillie
    @MB: I see you're a topic de-railer yourself! I never knew about the whole frozen time aspect, that does seem pretty cool. I wonder if Live will be up soon, as I was hoping to go pick it up soon. Tier 1 only comes with the special edition, doesn't it? Well... Tier 1 edition?
    gamezhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By gamezhunter

Looks like it's back up now.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mike
    @Baillie: I'm pretty sure it's included in the regular edition of the game, too. It's in the single player menu to the right of campaign, but it doesn't even appear if you're not connected to Xbox Live. Lame.  

The par times for each level aren't difficult to make, and you can play it pretty slow and safe and concentrate on accuracy and still make times with no problem. There's also a 100 point achievement for completing all of the levels under par. It's not that difficult to do, it just may take you a little time to learn how to get through each level without dying. 
    Kin3tiK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kin3tiK

Alright people, crisis averted!

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By FritzDude

I can connect just fine to xbox.com, and i recommend you check xbox live status on the internet because to me it says all services are up and running.

jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jim_dandy
    @MB:  The way you describe Tier 1 sounds like a game where EA may want to control cheating, so having it require an internet connection isn't that ridiculous.

That way there's no 6000% accuracy scores on the leaderboards or some other nonsense like that.

If it's required for the regular campaign, then there's no excuse. That's just dumb.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Baillie
    @MB: This sounds like something that would work really well in a co-op kind of aspect. I'm not sure how exactly, but I adore co-op games. Having a seperate single player mode like this could/should have implemented this. 

In fact, it's just like Spec Ops really.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mike
    @FritzDude said:
    "

I can connect just fine to xbox.com, and i recommend you check xbox live status on the internet because to me it says all services are up and running.

"
    Xbox.com was down, too.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mike
    @Baillie: It's sort of like Spec Ops in a way, I guess. I loved Spec Ops mode in MW2. This is sorta similar, it's probably worth renting Medal of Honor and playing through the campaign and Tier 1 mode in a weekend even if you're not interested in the multiplayer. Which I'm not. This is just tiding over my itch to shoot dudes in the face until Black Ops comes out.
    Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
    EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By EightBitWarrior

Yeah was playing Halo 3 coop with my gf and we kept getting disconnected right near the end of missions. Figured it was the game until it kicked me right off of Live. Was worried it was my router that had recently been acting up but nope. Happy but annoyed. Last night it was eating text messages. Sigh.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Synthballs
    @MB said:
    " @Baillie: I'm enjoying Tier 1 mode more than I did the actual campaign. No respawns, no unlimited extra ammo from your teammates, and meta scoring for headshots, melee kills, and killstreaks that all freeze the mission timer for a few seconds. The part I like about it the most is that there are leaderboards for accuracy, frozen time, mission time, headshots, grenade kills, longest kill distance, stuff like that. On a few of the missions I'm still in the top ten for accuracy and I haven't really been trying yet.   When I got kicked out of Neptune's Net just now I was nearly at the end and was probably hovering at 90%+ accuracy, more than enough to put me in the #1 slot on that leaderboard. Oh well. "
    You say you had that accuracy that awesome. How convenient no proof shall be seen!
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

dang that sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.