Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By louiedog

Like previous releases, Microsoft is opening up testing for the new dashboard update. It will let you try out ESPN, the Netflix update, and more. The link to the program is here and more details are on Major Nelson's blog here.

You'll need your console handy because the serial number and console ID are required. One or both may be available on xbox.com if your console is registered to your GT, but I'm not 100% sure.  edit: I added instructions a few posts below for finding your SN and CID on the web.

After filling out the form I was immediately told that I was in the program, so I guess it fills up when they get a certain number of entries, so act fast.

Sn1PeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sn1PeR

Anyone know where to find your console serial number/ID on xbox.com?  I'm at work and really want espn3 support!  I found the ID, but not the serial number ... guess I have to wait until I get home and it's full :/

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By killer_meatballs

Cool, thanks.  I'll have to check it out.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By White_Silhouette
    @Sn1PeR: you have to access through the menu's on your xbox.
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By louiedog
    @Sn1PeR said:
    " Anyone know where to find your console serial number/ID on xbox.com?  I'm at work and really want espn3 support!  I found the ID, but not the serial number ... guess I have to wait until I get home and it's full :/ "
    I just checked and you can get your serial number by going to the support page and requesting a repair. If your console is registered it will show up there. You don't actually have to go through with the request, it's just a place to select which console you want repaired.

The console ID is available from the license transfer tool here. Select "star the processs now" (you don't have to go through with it and it should show up. I've actually done a transfer, so you may need an extra step to get to a place to see your consoles if you haven't already done it.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Azteck

The webpage is broken for me. I guess me being outside the US has something to do with that?

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By louiedog
    @Azteck said:
    " The webpage is broken for me. I guess me being outside the US has something to do with that? "
    It shouldn't be. There's a huge list of selectable countries on the form. Try going through Major Nelson's blog link.
    Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Vanek
    @Azteck said:

" The webpage is broken for me. I guess me being outside the US has something to do with that? "

I just noticed it and signed up.  I'm in the UK and I got in.    
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Azteck

Okay, got it working. Not sure how I like not being able to be in a party with non-participants. I mean, I just got Reach and all..

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By DougQuaid

3. Do you understand that Party Chat will not work with people outside of the Preview Program? *   

Yeah... no.  I'll wait until this thing goes live.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Karmum

Got in through the Major Nelson link. Very cool, thank you!

Sn1PeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sn1PeR

Thanks for the help -- I got in!  ESPN3 is a huge deal for me as I don't get cable and it's not perfectly smooth on my htpc.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Chokobo

Quick question about this.  Me and my girlfriend share a 360.  If we both sign up and one of us gets in and the other doesn't would the one that didn't get in still be able to connect to live, or would they just not be able to access the new features, but still have internet connectivity?

Thanks in advance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.