Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Object » linked to 12 games

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation. It appears as an in-game item in several games.

Amazon Lists 4GB Xbox 360 S Console

• 104 results
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

An increasing number of disc read errors are making me consider tossing out my eleventh Xbox 360 since the console's launch. The Xbox 360 S, the sleeker, smaller, and supposedly less-prone-to-failure console, is the natural upgrade for me. But what if I don't want to get a unit with a behemoth hard drive?

Fat chance of that question occurring to me while in a Wal-Mart. I'm both realistic and a big-time data hog. But there'll an option this fall for prospective owners without these issues: the $199 4GB Arcade SKU of the S console

A recent leak on Amazon Deutschland (spotted by Kotaku) may have nailed down one of the most important questions we have about this version of the console. In the listing, it reveals simply that the Arcade will boast 4GBs of storage.  

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==If that space will be accommodated by flash memory or a hard drive is still unknown, and considering the surprise and early nature of this listing, it's possible that we could be looking at a fake. So, keep that in mind before you get too excited. I'll also note that the listing doesn't make mention of internal Wi-Fi or ports, including HDMI, which I've heard is the best way to connect the console to your TV.

So, yeah, carry on with your life. I probably didn't change it with this. If I did, I'm flattered, but you and I both know a 4GB S console isn't going to be your last purchase. Get the bigger hard drive version and go ahead and eliminate one of the reason you may have to re-buy down the road.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

An increasing number of disc read errors are making me consider tossing out my eleventh Xbox 360 since the console's launch. The Xbox 360 S, the sleeker, smaller, and supposedly less-prone-to-failure console, is the natural upgrade for me. But what if I don't want to get a unit with a behemoth hard drive?

Fat chance of that question occurring to me while in a Wal-Mart. I'm both realistic and a big-time data hog. But there'll an option this fall for prospective owners without these issues: the $199 4GB Arcade SKU of the S console

A recent leak on Amazon Deutschland (spotted by Kotaku) may have nailed down one of the most important questions we have about this version of the console. In the listing, it reveals simply that the Arcade will boast 4GBs of storage.  

No Caption Provided

== TEASER ==If that space will be accommodated by flash memory or a hard drive is still unknown, and considering the surprise and early nature of this listing, it's possible that we could be looking at a fake. So, keep that in mind before you get too excited. I'll also note that the listing doesn't make mention of internal Wi-Fi or ports, including HDMI, which I've heard is the best way to connect the console to your TV.

So, yeah, carry on with your life. I probably didn't change it with this. If I did, I'm flattered, but you and I both know a 4GB S console isn't going to be your last purchase. Get the bigger hard drive version and go ahead and eliminate one of the reason you may have to re-buy down the road.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Well, at least it includes some internal memory, unlike the old arcade.
    For more casual gamers, I can kind of understand why this might be a good idea.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By yetiantics

4GB?!

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Nephrahim

I'm not an expert sir, but there is no earthly way I can imagine it being cost effective to make hard drives with 4 gigs.  My money is on flash.

McDevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McDevy

Cool story, bro.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

I might pick it up as long as it still has wifi and an HDMI port. I have so many usb sticks I can just use those if I run out of space. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive

$200? ill buy. 

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By DanielJW
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Well, at least it includes some internal memory, unlike the old arcade. For more casual gamers, I can kind of understand why this might be a good idea. "
    For someone like me, who doesn't have a 360 and plays most of his games on a PS3, this is definitely appealing if I want to pick up exclusives. Plus if I decide to go mainly 360 or something I can easily upgrade the hard drive.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrKlorox

No way. Not an option for current 360 users wanting to upgrade since you can't use your existing larger HDD on it.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

This is great for someone that just wants to keep their save files and not download too much. My save files over the past four and a half years only reach 1 gigabyte.

AndyS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AndyS
    @WinterSnowblind: The old arcade's most recent versions have 512MB on board.  I think all of them post NXE launch did.  4GB is obviously much better, though.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By skrutop
    @BradNicholson: It's good if you like 'em slim, you mean?
    Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Bluethunder35

4 GB? Come on, Microsoft! Stop nickel-and-diming people and give them 20 GB in the arcade model. 

Oh, I forgot. This must be for the Kinect demographic.

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By WulfBane

A part of me would find it funny if the 4GB of this supposed arcade 360S was in the form of a 4GB USB stick.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Well, as someone who bought a ton of stuff from Amazon Germany over the years, I can at least tell you that it looks like a legit place-holder.

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheCreamFilling

4GB?! What the hell are you supposed to do with that?!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BraveToaster

I have a spare 250G usb hard drive, but I can't use it for this. I will by the $299 version

Avatar image for forgot2register
    forgot2register

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By forgot2register

the only thing I do is save game progress on my HD, 4gig is easily enough for that, if i got a new 360 (which im not going to) I would go with the "arcade" or whatever they call it

frootsnax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By frootsnax

4 gigs of game saving action

Avatar image for deactivated-629e649f0699a
    deactivated-629e649f0699a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4GB will hold a lot of game saves and I think that's fine for people who aren't interested in downloading stuff, which I imagine is a lot of people.

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By slowbird

I still wish they would offer a 60/120gb hard drive for a reasonable price, instead of 200% markup.

TheBrainSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheBrainSquid
    @DanielJW:   Depending on what you're planning to do when that happens it may be easily, but not cost effectively... and then you have to get a Data Migration Cable... Microsoft charges out the ass for larger capacity hard drives and attempts to make it a pain in the ass.  I actually prefer my 360 and I'm saying that so hopefully that means something to you.
    PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PJ
    @TheCreamFilling said:
    " 4GB?! What the hell are you supposed to do with that?! "
    This might surprise you so hold on to your shit. Not everyone has use for a "big ass" HDD. Not everyone installs games to their HDD or buys GoD or Arcade games. Why the hell do you think the former Arcade SKU whit the built in memory(i think it was 256mb or something) is the best selling one? Simple, most ppl don't need a hard drive.
    ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ZmillA

kinda pointless article

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Gav47

4GB of on board flash, I'm calling it. No free pen drive

rargy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#27  Edited By rargy

@PJ said:

" This might surprise you so hold on to your shit. Not everyone has use for a "big ass" HDD. Not everyone installs games to their HDD or buys GoD or Arcade games. Why the hell do you think the former Arcade SKU whit the built in memory(i think it was 256mb or something) is the best selling one? Simple, most ppl don't need a hard drive. "

That or, like me, your premium xbox red ringed and you got the cheapest replacement to attach your old hard drive to.
    themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By themartyr

Fun fact: These sorts of SKU reveals frequently come from Amazon Deutschland.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crusnchill

My 360 has had disc read errors for nine months now, I feel like it's almost second nature for me these days to simply wait for a game to read by browsing the internet whenever my 360 has only just been turned on. 

But the fact remains, I hate having to eject my disc and put it back in over and over until it reads. 
    This new xbox model S might be just the ticket. 

Side Note: And if you're wondering why I didn't replace it ages ago, I didn't have as mush money coming in as I do now. 
    Man I fucking love promotions!

nypis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nypis

For Kinect's audience is 4GB a lot. A lot more than they need, and as far as I remember, MS is aiming for exactly that audience.  

So even if it looks ridiculous, it might make sense. Just maybe. 

ucankurbaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ucankurbaga

Thats not slim, it should be called "xbox360 shiny"
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32  Edited By KaosAngel

....cant you just mod the hard drive?

seram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By seram

4 gigs will last someone like 20 minutes.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By geirr

Would the 360 "S" not have the option to slip a 2,5" drive into it?

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Death_Unicorn
    @ucankurbaga said:
    " Thats not slim, it should be called "xbox360 shiny" "
    They only called it the "360 S"

You never know, it might be what the S is intending! DUN DUN DUN!
    MJHAYLETT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MJHAYLETT

If I had any electronic device that had died 10 times so that I was on my 11th - I would stop using/buying products from that company. You Americans seem to let Microsoft off with murder. Imagine if you bought a washing machine/TV/stereo/lamp/dvd player/anything that reguires electrcity and it died 10 times - you would complain your ass off and not buy them anymore. Still I am baffled at how you let Microsoft just bend you over and have its way with you.

If my current 360 dies then I am done, it will be my third and that is that.

RGHamburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By RGHamburger

No way is that a 4GB hard disk. Flash memory is more likely. It is a smart move if you ask me since the casual gaming market Microsoft is gunning for with Kinect probably does not need much more than 4GB for their saves and this will help to lower the price of a 360 + Kinect SKU. Finally, if those customers decide they do want to get into the multimedia things, they can always buy a 250gb hdd at a price you could get a 1TB hdd for. 

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By Bollard

I know this is a bit off topic and all, but say with games that need two discs on Xbox (FF 13 comes to mind) if you rip the discs to the hard drive, do you still need to change disc? Or does it just do it all of the first one?

quinistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By quinistheman
    @MJHAYLETT: I love "you Americans" comments.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By CL60

Everybody...this is the new Arcade console. Why are you complaining about the size?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#41  Edited By AndrewB

"If that space will be accommodated by flash memory or a hard drive is still unknown"

Ummm... last time I saw a 4GB hard drive was in a Creative Zen Micro player I owned about 6 years ago. Unless you're meaning "flash memory" as "removable memory," as in a memory card.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheGreatGuero

4GB is really nothing, though, man.

Mr402

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mr402
    @rargy said:
    @PJ said:

" This might surprise you so hold on to your shit. Not everyone has use for a "big ass" HDD. Not everyone installs games to their HDD or buys GoD or Arcade games. Why the hell do you think the former Arcade SKU whit the built in memory(i think it was 256mb or something) is the best selling one? Simple, most ppl don't need a hard drive. "

That or, like me, your premium xbox red ringed and you got the cheapest replacement to attach your old hard drive to. "

You hit the jackpot with that answer my friend.  The arcade was designed and released for just that reason.   Because MS knows that the hardcore are going to drop dollars to keep playing.   My two arcades which replaced rrod units are a great example of that.  I switched to PS3 and now have a slim for the YLOD issue.  I swear the hardware quality of this generation of machines is horrible. 
    Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jrad

If this has HDMI, then it's an obvious buy for me. I'm still stuck with an old '06 360 that doesn't have an HDMI port. 4 gigs is enough to download a demo or two + hold save files which is all that's really needed.

mastrbiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mastrbiggy

If i were MS is would make the arcade sku have a built in 16gb flash drives and go with wireless N. I would make a Kinect bundle (assuming it's $150)  with the arcade unit for $300 ($50 off). Then I would put a 80-120gb HDD out for those who want to upgrade at a reasonable price ($60-$70).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL 4GB not to mention it will be formatted so cut that by 25% your looking at a 3GB HD. I can go buy a TB HD for 80 bucks, I just don't understand why consoles don't throw a huge HD on us for that price. 

EDIT: Oh wait I know, cause they want money LOL.

lihtster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lihtster

This seems the most affordable and reasonable one for me...

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By Willy105

This is good if real.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By gamb1t

good move on 360's part.

max3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By max3000

Well, since 16gig flash thumbdrives are getting cheaper nowadays, this seems like a viable option for me since I already own a PS3 and want to enjoy some of the x360 goodness for cheap. I can just stick a 16gb stick in and have a 20gig console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.