Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Object » linked to 12 games

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation. It appears as an in-game item in several games.

Damn, why is the cheapest Xbox 360 still $230+

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

I really don't get why Microsoft is still selling 360 for so much? Sony has reach parity in sales world-wide, so why not boost sales with a price drop. At this point Sony can truthfully say it has sold more PS3 and they are now selling more PS4s. That's not good PR for Microsoft....why not at least boost sales for 360 while it can matter. Otherwise , just stop selling it.

I'd like to get a new 360 since my old system conked-out long ago. I'm not going to give them over $200. I mean come-on the last system they sold me broke, so why woudl I give them even more money to fix THEIR problem.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Where do you live? In NC, so I'm gonna guess the entire U.S., You can get a 20gb 360 with 6 free games for $99.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pcorb

You can get a 360 for far less than that here (UK), especially if you're willing to go used. We never really benefit from regional pricing (the PS3 was the equivalent of $850 on launch here), maybe you've overlooked better deals?

Unrelated, but I just looked up the latest 360 revision and it looks exactly like the xbox one for some reason? That's a weird decision if you're trying to differentiate your new product...

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@monkeyking1969: I'd imagine their primary goal is to switch as many people as possible to the new console.

I know it's a different division of MS, but Windows has the perpetual problem of even corporate users thinking, "Well, the one I have is good enough.". Hell, my GF who works in a call center for a relatively big east coast bank still is forced to use Windows fuckin' XP on her work computer.

If they make the 360 too appealing, it would just drive more folks to put off "upgrading" and just stick with the old console.

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's still high because they are still making money from it. Games are still coming out for it. MKX, MGS:V, Battlefield:Hardline and most of the big titles from the last holiday season were also ported over. Once developers find it cost prohibitive to develop on the 360 due to lack of interest then the price will hit rock bottom. So expect a price drop next fall.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:

@monkeyking1969: I'd imagine their primary goal is to switch as many people as possible to the new console.

If they make the 360 too appealing, it would just drive more folks to put off "upgrading" and just stick with the old console.

Probably, but it would be nice to get my hands on a new unit (THAT FUNCTIONS) without spending tons of money. Used 360s are hit or miss, you might get a broken one form disreputable person...or it might be fine. With the used systems being time-bombs people are forced to buy new systems and that is hard on the wallet.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethphotopoulos: I find it hard to believe you can buy a NEW 360 with six games in North Carolina for $99. Are you getting this from Craigslist....I mean murder-for-hire.com? I'm not looking to buy a used system of unknown functionality out of the back of a van...I'd rather not die to get a 360.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Well what revision of the 360 are you talking about here? Remember that the newest revision didn't come out as early as you might think and it came out at a high price tag. They didn't just come out with the elites and slims and match its price the older 360. If you found, say a jasper model (newest white 360), i could see arguing that system should be around $150, otherwise, of course the newer ones are right under $250.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@monkeyking1969 said:

@sethphotopoulos: I find it hard to believe you can buy a NEW 360 with six games in North Carolina for $99. Are you getting this from Craigslist....I mean murder-for-hire.com? I'm not looking to buy a used system of unknown functionality out of the back of a van...I'd rather not die to get a 360.

I just went on gamestop's website. I also didn't think you meant new. If you mean new then the cheapest one I can find is about $180.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This is currently probably the best deal. If you don't like Call of Duty just sell them on Ebay for like $30 and there's your $200 360.

Alternatively you can find 4GB models for around $150 but that's a shit amount of storage and you'll end up needing to spend $50-$100 on a higher capacity HDD anyway.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969 said:

I just went on gamestop's website. I also didn't think you meant new. If you mean new then the cheapest one I can find is about $180.

True...but I thought the 4GB ones are worth a damn because they don't have enough storage to run things like Halo because they lack the space for the game to install, add DLC, etc?

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethphotopoulos said:

@monkeyking1969 said:

True...but I thought the 4GB ones are worth a damn because they don't have enough storage to run things like Halo because they lack the space for the game to install, add DLC, etc?

You are right. Though you can use USB sticks and be fine for a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.