Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live Indie Games

Concept »

An official line of downloadable games for the Xbox 360 that were developed, peer-reviewed, and self-published by a community of indie developers using Microsoft's XNA framework.

Arcadecraft?

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Peanut

So, I searched for this game in the database, but couldn't find it, so I have no idea if it exists somewhere and didn't know where else to make this thread.

Arcadecraft is an 80's arcade management sim and it hit today on XBLIG for 240 MSP. I think it's also up for noms on Greenlight, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyways, it's fucking great and I played it a ton this afternoon. I haven't heard/seen anyone talking about it at all and I'm really curious if anyone even knows it's out. Has anyone else played it at all?

Trailer for those who've never heard of it...

I think this would be pretty great for a QL, too. I think it'd totally be down Jeff's alley with all the little callbacks.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Aquablak

I had never heard of this before. Looks super cool, thanks for the heads up!

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Peanut

No problem. I'm trying to spread the word a bit, as the devs promise content updates if it's popular enough, but everyone knows how difficult it is to get good shit to surface on XBLIG.

Just as a heads up, that trailer isn't exactly indicative of the final game, which doesn't have the super slow movement or annoying sound effect when doing so. It's way more polished.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By manhattan_project

I think I'll check this out. Thanks for the heads up.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
    A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

Man, this looks fantastic.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikeGosot

That IS on Steam Greenlight, i just voted on it. It looks extremely interesting, and i'll check it out.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Peanut

As another little bit of info and also as a bit of a bump, Firebase Industries (dudes who made the game) have a shooter on XBLIG called Orbitron: Revolution and if you own that, you can jump into the credits to get a promo code. Enter that code in the Arcadecraft promo section and you'll get the Orbitron cabinet in-game, which is a great starting cabinet that seems to do pretty well.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikeGosot

@Peanut said:

As another little bit of info and also as a bit of a bump, Firebase Industries (dudes who made the game) have a shooter on XBLIG called Orbitron: Revolution and if you own that, you can jump into the credits to get a promo code. Enter that code in the Arcadecraft promo section and you'll get the Orbitron cabinet in-game, which is a great starting cabinet that seems to do pretty well.

Orbitron is also on Steam Greenlight! Just a question, can you play the games?

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By RawknRo11a

Guessing at that price it's in the indie games section of xbox live? That would also explain why hardly anyone's ever heard of it. Looks interesting though, gonna check it out and vote it on Greenlight.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Peanut

@MikeGosot: Nope. The entire thing is about building the arcade. Each cabinet is super detailed, down to specific sound effects for each game, but none of them are playable.

Yeah, it's in the Indie section, which is why I've tried to shout about it in a couple places. Really hoping it does well.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By irrelevantjohn

This looks like fun.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikeGosot

@Peanut: That sucks. >: Still, the game looks like a lot of fun, and it's cheap! Cheap is good!

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By Cincaid

@Peanut: Someone did create the game page for it, but it was more of a shell without any info in it. I've added some stuff, here it is!

I really hope will quick look it for some good ol' Game Room nostalgia.

Sgoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Sgoast

@Cincaid: Yeah, sorry, I was working on that when you posted that.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By Cincaid

@Sgoast: Oh damn, sorry. Feel free to remove any of my added stuff, I figured you just added the game and was satisfied. :)

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Peanut

The devs posted an update about the future of the game today. I'm excited they're going to put some new stuff in there along with the bug fixes. I hope the game continues to sell, because I'm looking forward to possible future updates. Really wish the Bomb Crew pick up on it and give it a QL or something.

I saw that Gary Whitta made a mention of it on his Twitter, so hopefully that spurs awareness.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bane122

Just saw Gary Whitta tweet about this.  Looks great. This is the second time in two weeks I'm buying something from XBLI, and I've only ever bought 2 things from there.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bane122
    @Bane122 said:
    Just saw Gary Whitta tweet about this.  Looks great. This is the second time in two weeks I'm buying something from XBLI, and I've only ever bought 2 things from there.
    Make that three. Bought that shooter they put out and both games are pretty great. The shooter is basically Defender and has nice production value for a $1 game.
    Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Peanut

Roadmap from Firebase Industries for the first big update and possible future updates, if the game ends up being popular enough. Word of mouth, kids! I want this shit!

First Large Content Update:

Date Planned: Mid March 2013 Delivery

• 1980-1985 3-4 extra games added to back fill the game here and there.
    • 1985 fully fleshed out with the empty months having machine releases.
    • 1986 simulated including 12/13 new games to complete the year. Includes one new import and one new sitdown cabinet.
    • 1-2 New Vending Machines. Snack Machine, Toy Crane, or Change Machine.
    • 1 new game manufacturer.
    • A new employee or contractor to help fix broken machines.
    • A new cash based item to improve your games.
    • Renovations. Don’t like pillars? Pay to break them down!
    • Heatmapping the floor. Certain squares on the floor are naturally better to put machines on while others are worse.
    • Difficulty levels or difficulty tweaks. eg Genres only worth 1/4 a star instead of 1/2. Machine popularity lower to compensate for the heatmap.
    • All new, larger location with new customization options. At least one tile strip larger in both directions.
    • New Power Box Upgrade for more machines.
    • Everyone’s Arcade Names appearing in the Global Scoreboard Screen.
    • “Milestones” or faux Achievements to be attained.
    • Another Seasonal Item of some kind.
    • Exterior environment changes depending on the season and possibly the year.

Sounds really fucking awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.