Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live Indie Games

Concept »

An official line of downloadable games for the Xbox 360 that were developed, peer-reviewed, and self-published by a community of indie developers using Microsoft's XNA framework.

It's mapmaking alright!

Th3dz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Th3dz

Finally

I've had so much to do in school right now I barely have had any time left for my project. But things are starting to go really nice now. Today I just completed a draft of the Mapmaker for my engine. Since I'm building most of the game with the technology in James Silvas book the textures are the same, but I'm working on setting a nice style to the whole look on the game.
    Anyways here's a picture of the mapmaker so far.

No Caption Provided

So now I'm going to start working on the character-animation-engine-kind-of-thingy! And I will hopefully have som nice result at the end of next week.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gunswordfist

It's great that you found time to get started. You're WAY ahead of me. heh heh Well on trying to make your own unique game.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

Looks awesome dude.

Th3dz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Th3dz

Thanks! You know when it comes to making games it's usually 80% planning 15% creating material and only 5 % coding so be sure that you plan the game before you start building. That conserns planning code also, as the structure of the code. Psuedocode is one good way to acheive something to work from, you could also make some JSP-sketches. (JPS = Jackson structured programming, google-it) :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.