Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live Indie Games

Concept »

An official line of downloadable games for the Xbox 360 that were developed, peer-reviewed, and self-published by a community of indie developers using Microsoft's XNA framework.

Making a Game: 01 Engine building. Need help!

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By PufferFiz

So I want to make a game, More importantly A Shmup, and a arcade one(ie CAVE style).  But I really don't want to do it alone, cuse I have school to do so It would never come out if it was just me. 
    So I thought I ask here for any one with experience to join the project.

First of we need an engine to run the game on. So I am planning a Open source engine that others can use and help develop. Then after that is done, build content around that and release a game on Xbox Live.  So I opened up a Page on Sourceforge to host it on.

Which can be found here
    Go to the develop link and click the spot where it is says request to join team. Will then let you in.  Then you can open up Visual studio and open up the SVN. 

Right now I am just trying to plan everything out. So I would like some Program planners if anyone can. 

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Emilio

I'm up for doing grafx ( Yeah, GRA-FIX! ). 

Programming... uh... you can do that.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PufferFiz
    @Emilio said:
    " I'm up for doing grafx ( Yeah, GRA-FIX! ).  Programming... uh... you can do that. "
    :P well graphics would be needed.  If you want, Join the project, And I will contact you when it is ready for stuff like that.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Emilio
    @PufferFiz:  
    I'm so lazy that I cannot make a new account for sourceforge, fill in all my information, and join your team... 

:c
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PufferFiz
    @Emilio said:
    " @PufferFiz:  I'm so lazy that I cannot make a new account for sourceforge, fill in all my information, and join your team...  :c "
    :/ 

well maybe I will just remember when the time comes
    Th3dz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Th3dz

I've made a smhup with XNA, check it out here: 
    rive.se

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.