Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live Indie Games

Concept »

An official line of downloadable games for the Xbox 360 that were developed, peer-reviewed, and self-published by a community of indie developers using Microsoft's XNA framework.

Regarding my new XNA project

Th3dz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Th3dz

In the beginning we create the fundamentals of the future!

I am currently in the making of a new game that is going under the working title "The Slaughter". I'm just in the beginning phase of this new game engine that will be based on James Silvias book "Building XNA 2. 0 Games A Practical Guide for Independent Game Development"(2008).

About the game

The story of the game is going to be like this: You are a hero! There are enemies that hate you! Slaughter them!
    That's basicly all you need to know. And since it is built in a similar way to The Dishwasher(by James Silvia), this to will be a side scrolling 2D game with Epic gameplay! Altough I really suck at drawing so we'll see how that works out.

Anyway I did some concept art for the game and this image is of our hero that is so much hated by the enemies:

No Caption Provided

Well that's it for now, I will post again when I've updated the project.
    If you are interested in knowing more about the game contact me at:
    erik_skoglund@hotmail.com

Th3dz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Th3dz

In the beginning we create the fundamentals of the future!

I am currently in the making of a new game that is going under the working title "The Slaughter". I'm just in the beginning phase of this new game engine that will be based on James Silvias book "Building XNA 2. 0 Games A Practical Guide for Independent Game Development"(2008).

About the game

The story of the game is going to be like this: You are a hero! There are enemies that hate you! Slaughter them!
    That's basicly all you need to know. And since it is built in a similar way to The Dishwasher(by James Silvia), this to will be a side scrolling 2D game with Epic gameplay! Altough I really suck at drawing so we'll see how that works out.

Anyway I did some concept art for the game and this image is of our hero that is so much hated by the enemies:

No Caption Provided

Well that's it for now, I will post again when I've updated the project.
    If you are interested in knowing more about the game contact me at:
    erik_skoglund@hotmail.com

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By thebeast

Sounds good! Keep us updated as to how it's going - it would make for an interesting blog.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

Cool, XNA developers on GiantBomb.

I saw the picture before I read the text and I was like "... Silva?"

Then I read the post. I didn't know he had published a book. I might check it out. Dishwasher is fucking great.

Th3dz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Th3dz

Lol yeah I kind of felt like since I'm building the game with the engine in the book I might as well keep the stylish graphics that Silva uses.  Can't wait to play The dishwasher :D

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gunswordfist

HOLY SHYET! James Silvia already has a book? Dishwasher: Dead Samurai is EASILY my most anticipated 2D and indie game.

Well anyway, it's great to see a XNA developer here. I hope to make some games with it some day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.