Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Aeigis Wing and Yaris... Will they get me banned from XBL?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_A_Drain

Now, before anyone gets too uptight, seeing as they are free products and I am in no way going to talk directly about piracy (i'm as against it as anyone else, given i'm aiming to be a developer myself)

Anyway. I want Aegis Wing and Yaris, both free products, one pulled from XBLA and the other (Aegis Wing) is only available in North America. My question is, if I somehow obtain them both, will my UK account be banned? I just want to play Aegis Wing, and get achieves from Yaris, that's all, it's not like I want to rob developers or hard earned profits, both are free products.

Or, if not, is there anyway I can create a US account and simply get Aegis Wing? Can that work?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

You don't want Yaris... I don't know the other.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Al3xand3r:

I want 200 points from Yaris, to be more specific. Aegis Wing is apparently a SHMUP avaialable only in north america. Odd decision seeing as it's a free game not to release worldwide.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    @The_A_Drain:   No, you don't want Yaris.  I think you might have more fun watching Barney then playing that game.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @JJOR64 said:
    "@The_A_Drain:   No, you don't want Yaris.  I think you might have more fun watching Barney then playing that game."

Yes, I get it, it's terrible. I know that.

I just want to know if I will have my account, or console banned for obtaining and playing it on a UK account. And same goes for Aegis Wing.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64
    @The_A_Drain: I personally have no idea.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @JJOR64:

Yeah, i've googled around and havn't found much info, i've seen people setting up an account and setting their region to w/e to get content from the japanese marketplace for example, but I dont know if this is something MS will/can ban you for or if i'm fine to do it. As for Yaris as it's been pulled from the marketplace I can't mention how i'd go about getting that as it might be construed as piracy/illegal activities discussion.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

nope, you wont I have dl demos...aegis wing and yaris and  I have not been banned like many, many other people

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

Does it require modding or is it just one of those things you burn to a disk and it'll run no matter what.

If it requires modding then yes you run a risk of being banned.

If not, I don't think you run any risk, although Aegis Wing might be region locked?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Diamond:

No it's just a burn to disc jobbie.

I'd never mod the console I know that will get me banned.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By flaminghobo

I've had Aegis Wing since it came out, and I used a US account to download it.
    Believe me, you're safe.

j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By j0rdan

I have Aegis Wing, UK account,  I had no idea it was suppose to be US only,  although i did use to have a second USA account (and a third JAP account, so i could potentially of got it using that.

But my account isnt banned from usin it or anything, so you should be able to just create a US account,  make a new hotmail address with all USA sign up details, zip code ect and that should be fine for ageis wing.

Its an awesome game too.

no idea what yaris is though, but wouldnt be too shcoked if doing a disk copy jobbie would get you and your console a ban.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By clubsandwich

no you won't get banned, you just won't be able to download them because of the new updates, I used to download a lot of free content from the usa marketplace, but now i can't unless it is also available here in the mexico's marketplace. :/

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_

I don't know if you'll get banned.

What I do know, is that even I couldn't play Yaris longer than 15 minutes, and I have an incredible tolerance for shitty games.

Aegis Wing is fucking great though.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

your fine there is nothing that i know of in the EULA of microsoft when it comes to xbox live games that keeps them region only....

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cspiffo

I'm not sure either will pass UK XBLA authorization.  You might only be able to play some kind of trial of the game or not play it at all due to the DRM.  Again, I'm not sure.  It makes sense though that Microsoft would want the product validated.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By keyhunter

Aegis wing is pretty fun. The Yaris game you wont be able to get any points in. It's too hard. Takes too much time. Sucks too much. I got 190 in Aegis wing though. It's way better with some friends.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By keyhunter

Aegis wing is pretty fun. The Yaris game you wont be able to get any points in. It's too hard. Takes too much time. Sucks too much. I got 190 in Aegis wing though. It's way better with some friends.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
    @The_A_Drain said:
    "Now, before anyone gets too uptight, seeing as they are free products and I am in no way going to talk directly about piracy (i'm as against it as anyone else, given i'm aiming to be a developer myself)Anyway. I want Aegis Wing and Yaris, both free products, one pulled from XBLA and the other (Aegis Wing) is only available in North America. My question is, if I somehow obtain them both, will my UK account be banned? I just want to play Aegis Wing, and get achieves from Yaris, that's all, it's not like I want to rob developers or hard earned profits, both are free products.Or, if not, is there anyway I can create a US account and simply get Aegis Wing? Can that work? "

You don't want those achievements from Yaris but, if you know someone who either has or had Yaris you can take your profile to their house and play it on their system for the achievements.  Also I think you may be able to get Aegis Wing from a U.S. account
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pibo47
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " I've had Aegis Wing since it came out, and I used a US account to download it.Believe me, you're safe. "
    This.
    ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By ptc

Don't think of Aegis Wing as just free achievements.  It's a really fun game.  Great co-op too.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @ptc said:
    "

Don't think of Aegis Wing as just free achievements.  It's a really fun game.  Great co-op too.

"

Yeah that's why I wanted it, i'd heard it was really good.

Yaris on the other hand I just wanted w/e achieves I could squeeze out of it before blowing my brains out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.