Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

HBO Go and MLB.TV Apps Now Live on Xbox 360

• 125 results
    ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By ds8k

@iAmJohn: Great! Looks like I'll be sticking with my laptop hooked up to my television.

ericjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By ericjohnson

Alex is a Rays fan? I thought there was only one of us.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By bkbroiler

I really want an Amazon Instant App. The streaming from computer to box technology is terrible. At least over my router.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The BBC iPlayer has also - finally - come to the console for us Brits.

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Mendelson9

@PrivateIronTFU: @drowsap: Try searching in Bing for Xfinity and you should be able to download the Xfinity app. That worked for me.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By GioVANNI

Great, now I can watch the Wire on my TV and not on my shitty laptop.

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By striderno9

I'm interested in this. Having it on my computer is cool but bringing it to my living room is a whole other ball game.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BrockNRolla

If I was flush with money, I would probably find this exciting. Then again, I would be flush with money, so everyday would be exciting.

iTWAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By iTWAN

Finally!!! I cant wait!!!

peptopip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By peptopip

As an Astros fan this hit really close to home...sigh

clark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By clark

I am so sad/angry that comcast is not supported on the HBO app. I've been waiting so long for this app =\ What sucks is comcast is just blowing off anyone asking about it. I have little faith the comcast specific app will be very good. Guess we will see when/if it comes out.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@GioVANNI said:

Yup. Unless you subscribe to HBO through Comcast. Then you might want to keep that laptop handy.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TomA

Not in Canada of course.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By Enigma777

Wait, Comcast is not supported?

WHAT THE FUCK?!

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TomA

@Mesklinite said:

I hope it comes to canada too. I long for a world where these things are available for everyone everywhere at the same time.

Me too man, me too.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Mendelson9 said:

@PrivateIronTFU: @drowsap: Try searching in Bing for Xfinity and you should be able to download the Xfinity app. That worked for me.

Well, that worked. But now the app won't let me type my username in password so I can log in. God damn you, Xbox, what is going on!?

Okay, it finally let me in. But damn, Comcast's list of available HBO shows is so weak compared to HBO Go. Fuck you right in the ass, Comcast. On the upside, if you wanted to catch up with Game of Thrones, all the season 1 episodes ARE available.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Enigma777 said:

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Basically, if you subscribe to Comcast, and want to watch HBO on your tv, you'll have to settle for the measly few episodes Comcast puts on there for you. Because Comcast is the living worst.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By nickux

I love all the people just now discovering Comcast does not support HBO Go on TV-connected devices. They screwed over Roku owners a long time ago.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@nickux said:

I love all the people just now discovering Comcast does not support HBO Go on TV-connected devices. They screwed over Roku owners a long time ago.

Well how the hell were we supposed to know that, if we didn't have a Roku device?

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By Dustpan

Well that sucks that comcast isn't supported.

Lame.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#71  Edited By Enigma777
    @PrivateIronTFU

@Enigma777 said:

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Basically, if you subscribe to Comcast, and want to watch HBO on your tv, you'll have to settle for the measly few episodes Comcast puts on there for you. Because Comcast is the living worst.

Except that they're chock-full of ads. Ugh. I think I'll stick to the iPad app.
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Enigma777 said:

@PrivateIronTFU

@Enigma777 said:

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Except that they're chock-full of ads. Ugh. I think I'll stick to the iPad app.

Well, in Comcast's defense (the only time I'll ever defend them), their HBO episodes shouldn't have any ads in them. But you would be wise to stick to the iPad app.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RuthLoose

Thank god I can use my grandparent's Verizon FIOS information to gain access here in North Carolina. Damn yous, Time Warner Cable.

clark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By clark

Was writing an email to comcast when the xfinity app finally became available. Figured I'd launch that before I sent my email to see what was up. I guess they wanted to keep their little strangle hold on the HBO episodes you get and that's why they aren't with HBO Go. Selection is pathetic compared to what HBO actually offers. Makes me sad to be a comcast customer.

Looking at the providers list, it seems everyone is down with the app, with them being the the lone hold out. They need to get with the times =(

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By RuthLoose

@OfficeBat said:

Alex is a Rays fan? I thought there was only one of us.

And that one fan can't even show up to watch them play. Local Tampa-ites are the absolute worst about not supporting one of the most consistently good yet poorly-funded teams in the big leagues.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By Ace829

@will_leisure said:

Would like to have MLB.TV if their blackout policy didn't exist. Living in NC, I cannot watch any games involving the Braves, Orioles, Nationals, or Reds.

Gave up on the service because I would sometimes watch a game that's halfway done -- in real-time -- from the beginning, and then it's streaming service would have issues and would end up going back live in real-time. Kind of pointless watching a game when I want to watch it when it skips several innings and spoils the score for you.

Wait whaaaa? The Reds? I can sort of understand the Braves, Nationals, and Orioles, geographically speaking, though it still sucks, but the Reds!? Why!?

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TheHumanDove

Let me guess though...only in the U.S?

Canada gets zero content in comparison, even with gold.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By GioVANNI

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@GioVANNI said:

Yup. Unless you subscribe to HBO through Comcast. Then you might want to keep that laptop handy.

Dammit, I am subscribed through Comcast. Fuck you, Comcast. Making me regret every monthly payment

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Fuuuuuuck. I'm so disappointed about the Comcast thing, I was actually really excited about watching HBO on my Xbox. I guess I'll just keep using the iPad app.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By George_Hukas

Too bad it took so long

Edit: Wow, Comcast, really? Why do I get the feeling the video quality will be the same as the ios app

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#81  Edited By CosmicQueso

@Gunharp said:

@CosmicQueso said:

@Gunharp said:

Whoa, nice press for MLB.TV, haha. I don't think it would have gotten acknowledged or made news on its own here on GiantBomb or everywhere else if it wasn't tagging along with HBO. As PS3 owners know, it's really not that great of a service.

Wow you're just so incredibly wrong. But hey, opinions.

So incredibly? I don't think the video service has been that good for me to be incredibly wrong.

Incredibly, I find that it's been incredible for me. Perhaps I have an incredible connection or something. Perhaps, incredibly, your service hasn't been that incredible. I find that to be potentially credible.

SlickShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SlickShoes

Any way to get the MLB app on a UK Xbox360? I managed to get it on my PS3 via the US Store but don't know how to do ths on xbox. I don't see why it is limited anyway since I have paid my subscription to MLB.tv for the year anyway.

adamazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#83  Edited By adamazing

As a resident of Houston and a fan of the Astros (well, maybe 10 years ago Astros), I am not at all offended by your comment. In fact, anyone who is is also delusional. I could not have stated it anymore truthfully than you did. And if you think we suck now, wait until we're in the American League in 2014! Go Stros!

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By wjb

@Ace829 said:

@will_leisure said:

Would like to have MLB.TV if their blackout policy didn't exist. Living in NC, I cannot watch any games involving the Braves, Orioles, Nationals, or Reds.

Gave up on the service because I would sometimes watch a game that's halfway done -- in real-time -- from the beginning, and then it's streaming service would have issues and would end up going back live in real-time. Kind of pointless watching a game when I want to watch it when it skips several innings and spoils the score for you.

Wait whaaaa? The Reds? I can sort of understand the Braves, Nationals, and Orioles, geographically speaking, though it still sucks, but the Reds!? Why!?

Yeah. I think it happened after the Braves started broadcasting games on the regional Fox Sports channel instead of TBS. I recall being bored one evening and decided to search for whatever Braves game was on the Fox Sports channel, and it was a Reds game instead.

NC, despite not being big on baseball, was always "Braves Country". If no one cares about the Orioles or Nationals here, people definitely do not care about the Reds. I'm from southern California, so I always enjoyed the Angels since I was little, but I cannot watch games at 10:00 at night all the time.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#85  Edited By BawlZINmotion

@Mesklinite said:

I hope it comes to canada too. I long for a world where these things are available for everyone everywhere at the same time.

HBO doesn't actually have a broadcast license in Canada and CRTC rules prevent HBO Go, as it exists in the US, from operating in Canada. In any form. HBO Canada is licensed by two separate companies, "Astral Media" in the East" and "Corus Entertainment" in the west. Corus Entertainment is majority owned by James Shaw, the same fellow who owns Shaw Communications, thus Shaw Cable. Corus Entertainment also owns Movie Central. All of which own broadcast rights for original content from HBO, Showtime and Starz. In other words, Shaw Cable indirectly owns the broadcast rights for all that content. The best we can hope for in Canada is Shaw developing a Xbox 360 app, which is eventually likely. However they'll probably require you have a Shaw cable subscription. And as far as I know Shaw does not let you only subscribe to premium stuff, like Movie Central & HBO Canada. Not that basic cable plus Movie Central & HBO Canada is that costly. I think you can get it for under $60/month or something, and that nets you a lot more than HBO Go would. Then just buy a refurbished HD receiver/PVR from London Drugs for under a $140 an you're set. It would be nice to just be able to order the Movie Central package in Canada (which includes HBO Canada), but I don't see that happening for a long time.

ArmedForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ArmedForce

Okay Comcast, why am I paying you to provide me HBO services if you're not providing me HBO services?

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#87  Edited By onan

It's pretty much useless if you don't already have a cable tv subscription along with HBO, at which point you probably have a cable box hooked up to your TV. It's the same problem the FIOS TV app has, you need to be on a supported service and it looks like it authenticates whenever you run it.

I guess I could try taking my xbox with me the next time I visit my mom or something and activate it there, but that seems like such a major hassle for something I don't even know for sure will work.

I guess I'll just stick to using Slingbox.

radar5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#88  Edited By radar5

@Rirse: I know! I'm hoping they add themselves to the HBO Go app soon!

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ptys

I take it this is just Xbox US account holders?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Milkman

So, in order to take advantage of HBO Go, I need to pay for cable, pay for Xbox Live and pay for HBO. Anyone else see this as kind of fucked up?

dvorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By dvorak

If you are a dude who likes MLB baseball, even sort of passively, you owe it to yourself to get MLB.TV. It's magical sports-time happiness.

It was available on every streaming platform on earth, except the 360, and now here it is!

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@onan said:

It's pretty much useless if you don't already have a cable tv subscription along with HBO, at which point you probably have a cable box hooked up to your TV. It's the same problem the FIOS TV app has, you need to be on a supported service and it looks like it authenticates whenever you run it.

I guess I could try taking my xbox with me the next time I visit my mom or something and activate it there, but that seems like such a major hassle for something I don't even know for sure will work.

No its not man. I cancelled cable a few years back and just have internet. This is kind of a hassle but my god mom has HBO and I just asked her if it was cool to use her account she let me and now I am finally getting to enjoy Game of Thrones. Didn't even take me a few mins.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By onan

@DeShawn2ks said:

@onan said:

No its not man. I cancelled cable a few years back and just have internet. This is kind of a hassle but my god mom has HBO and I just asked her if it was cool to use her account she let me and now I am finally getting to enjoy Game of Thrones. Didn't even take me a few mins.

Problem is I live in a different service area so I don't have the same provider, and that seems key. They're on Verizon FiOS and I'm on Time Warner. Oh well.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@onan said:

@DeShawn2ks said:

@onan said:

Problem is I live in a different service area so I don't have the same provider, and that seems key. They're on Verizon FiOS and I'm on Time Warner. Oh well.

Damn that sucks. I was hoping people would be able to hit up relatives are something and use their accounts even though they aren't in that providers area.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By RuthLoose

@DeShawn2ks said:

@onan said:

@DeShawn2ks said:

@onan said:

Damn that sucks. I was hoping people would be able to hit up relatives are something and use their accounts even though they aren't in that providers area.

This is exactly what I am currently doing. My grandparents have HBO with a Verizon FIOS account in Richmond, VA and I live in North Carolina and am on DirecTV/Time Warner. Type in the Fios account info and I am able to log in despite everything else.

Sergotron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 20

#96  Edited By Sergotron

What the hell Comcast does not support this?!

I pay for xbox live gold, I pay for comcast, I pay for HBO every month. This is just not right.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#97  Edited By Getz

Comcast doesn't support it yet, and it's unlikely they will as it probably sees the app as competition. Hopefully HBO breaks away from their contracts with cable companies soon and just makes their own a-la-carte system; that's where this heading.

lawl3rbawl3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By lawl3rbawl3r

Why must Rogers grief me and lock out all Jays games!!!!!!!

RedFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By RedFive

If only MLB.TV worked in-market, I would be all over this.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By onan

@RuthLoose said:

@DeShawn2ks said:

@onan said:

@DeShawn2ks said:

@onan said:

This is exactly what I am currently doing. My grandparents have HBO with a Verizon FIOS account in Richmond, VA and I live in North Carolina and am on DirecTV/Time Warner. Type in the Fios account info and I am able to log in despite everything else.

WHOA, that worked! I got discouraged by the whole go to this site and type in the code and it'll automatically activate. Good thing it's a dumb system. :) You're my hero,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.