Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

I got a new console

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Edited By Captain_Insano

and that console is......Xbox Live!
    I have had my Xbox going on two years now, but have always been worried about how the wireless network adapter would work (as my internet is not that great to begin with) and it was always too difficult to physically link the 360 and the net. So I held back, and have contented myself with offline singly player experiences, which have still been awesome.
    Finally last week I bit the bullet and tried it out. The net works fine and HOLY SHIT Xbox Live is awesome.
    It really is like having an entirely new console. Playing all the games I love on multiplayer, opening capabilities in games I hadn't been able to experience before (e.g Team Fortress 2 in the Orange Box), getting new updates for games (Burnout Paradise, SO AWESOME), purchasing games (Braid, Rock Band DLC, GTA The Lost and Damned Brother).

I wasn't really expecting a lot out of Xbox Live, not being a huge fan of online multiplayer. But this has gone far beyond my expectations. It also is making me consider purchasing games that I had previously only hired because of their short single player (CoD4 is the main example of this)

The only negative is the struggle to find a good Australian online community to decrease the lag somewhat. But the lage isn't even all that bad on the majority of games.

I just hope that my internet keeps liking this and that I don't use all our allotted bandwidth

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Captain_Insano

and that console is......Xbox Live!
    I have had my Xbox going on two years now, but have always been worried about how the wireless network adapter would work (as my internet is not that great to begin with) and it was always too difficult to physically link the 360 and the net. So I held back, and have contented myself with offline singly player experiences, which have still been awesome.
    Finally last week I bit the bullet and tried it out. The net works fine and HOLY SHIT Xbox Live is awesome.
    It really is like having an entirely new console. Playing all the games I love on multiplayer, opening capabilities in games I hadn't been able to experience before (e.g Team Fortress 2 in the Orange Box), getting new updates for games (Burnout Paradise, SO AWESOME), purchasing games (Braid, Rock Band DLC, GTA The Lost and Damned Brother).

I wasn't really expecting a lot out of Xbox Live, not being a huge fan of online multiplayer. But this has gone far beyond my expectations. It also is making me consider purchasing games that I had previously only hired because of their short single player (CoD4 is the main example of this)

The only negative is the struggle to find a good Australian online community to decrease the lag somewhat. But the lage isn't even all that bad on the majority of games.

I just hope that my internet keeps liking this and that I don't use all our allotted bandwidth

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Heartagram

Have fun bud don't like the assholes get you down if you want someone who isn't add me

Heartagram1028

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Babble

Congrats! Have fun with Xbox Live, I can't imagine having an Xbox 360 without it these days.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Coltonio7

It's a beautiful dayyyy

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Congratulations

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Captain_Insano

cheers fellas, I can't imagine going back to not having it now, and I've only had it a few days

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool

I am trying Live at the moment.  I figure my internet line is worse than yours as I am on satellite and can only reasonably use it between 11pm and 10am.  Australian internet sucks.  That isn't good for working hours, so Friday and Saturday night only work for me.  I am trying the 1 month trial of Gold and haven't yet seen what kind of lag I really have.

My user tag is xenelasia but I doubt you will see much of me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.