Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Internet issues on Xbox Live

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hey all 

I have noticed that recently I have been having more and more issues with my internet connection when running Xbox Live. I have a 4mb broadband package and notice when I am playing on party chat or by myself on Xbox Live games my internet router will just loose the connection at random intervals. This happens often when I get a phone call on the house line when using the internet which is fair enough but it is an issue when the house phone is not in use as well. 

For example, today my internet connection dropped twice in 30 mintues of play in a party on Call of Duty Black Op's. I was also unable to join a friends Xbox party and had to start my own one up for them to join. This happens with another friend where we try and play games via Xbox Live and it just will not allow us to join each others games or party loby. However on the PSN we can use chat and join each others games fine which is odd to me. 

Is this something others have had issues with? I have changed my router from my old 3COM router to a Buffalo one which was reccomended as a gamers wireless router and this seems to have made litte difference. 

Any thoughts on this situation? 

Thank you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.