Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Microsoft offering Xbox LIVE Gold for £1 per month!*

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

Edited By zyn

*Limited Time offer!

• Applies to both US and UK residents.
    • I do know that current Xbox LIVE Gold members will NOT see this advert (my friend tried to find it, he's a Gold member).
    • Mastercard, American Express and Visa Credit Cards are only accepted.  No Maestro!
    • You can find this deal online too!  Go to:  Xbox.com > Your Profile > Join Xbox LIVE > Select "£1 for 1 month".
    • FINAL UPDATE:  Confirmed by Destructoid that this £1/month offer is ONLY FOR ONE MONTH!  Afterwards, standard price applies.  Sucks.
    No Caption Provided
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By zyn

*Limited Time offer!

• Applies to both US and UK residents.
    • I do know that current Xbox LIVE Gold members will NOT see this advert (my friend tried to find it, he's a Gold member).
    • Mastercard, American Express and Visa Credit Cards are only accepted.  No Maestro!
    • You can find this deal online too!  Go to:  Xbox.com > Your Profile > Join Xbox LIVE > Select "£1 for 1 month".
    • FINAL UPDATE:  Confirmed by Destructoid that this £1/month offer is ONLY FOR ONE MONTH!  Afterwards, standard price applies.  Sucks.
    No Caption Provided
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Plasma

Hiding it for Gold? Thats pretty typical :P

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zyn

LOL.  Just Microsoft's plan to get some silver members to switch to gold.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

They should do that here in the states.  I bet the Gold numbers will sky rocket here if they do it.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie

THOSE FUCKERS! I WANT £1 GOLD

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Hairydutchman

Make it free allready. Stupid gold/silver bullshit.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Hitchenson

I've never seen an FF theme on the Marketplace. I wouldn't want one, but how did you get it, may I ask?

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Insectecutor

And what are the terms? I got suckered into subscribing to gold and although I don't want to cancel I hear there's no way to do so without phoning them and bitching, even then I've heard they're not helpful.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zyn
    @Hitchenson said:
    " I've never seen an FF theme on the Marketplace. I wouldn't want one, but how did you get it, may I ask? "

I got it via Xbox.com > Marketplace.  It was FREE, which was awesome :D  Only a background picture though, not really a theme.

@Insectecutor said:
    " And what are the terms? I got suckered into subscribing to gold and although I don't want to cancel I hear there's no way to do so without phoning them and bitching, even then I've heard they're not helpful. "

When I clicked on it, it didn't list any terms - just went straight to "Upgrade now or not" (like when you upgrade from the dashboard the normal way).  You can cancel your subscription by removing your credit card on Xbox.com

You go to:  Xbox.com > Profile > Contact Information > Manage Payment Options > Remove Credit Card

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By crunchUK
    @zyn said:
    " LOL.  Just Microsoft's plan to get some silver members to switch to gold. "
    *insert captian obvious rock pic here*
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zyn
    @crunchUK said:
    "
    @zyn said:
    " LOL.  Just Microsoft's plan to get some silver members to switch to gold. "
    *insert captian obvious rock pic here* "

Yeah, I should've thought before posting -_-
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By TheHBK

Can you buy more than one month?  shit i would go ahead and buy 5 years at this price.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Insectecutor
    @zyn said:
    "
    @Hitchenson said:
    " I've never seen an FF theme on the Marketplace. I wouldn't want one, but how did you get it, may I ask? "

I got it via Xbox.com > Marketplace.  It was FREE, which was awesome :D  Only a background picture though, not really a theme.

@Insectecutor said:
    " And what are the terms? I got suckered into subscribing to gold and although I don't want to cancel I hear there's no way to do so without phoning them and bitching, even then I've heard they're not helpful. "
    When I clicked on it, it didn't list any terms - just went straight to "Upgrade now or not" (like when you upgrade from the dashboard the normal way).  You can cancel your subscription by removing your credit card on Xbox.comYou go to:  Xbox.com > Profile > Contact Information > Manage Payment Options > Remove Credit Card "
    Hmm. Either whoever I heard it from was talking shit, or they've fixed it.
    MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By MKHavoc
    @Insectecutor: When you get xbox live using a credit card they set your account to automatically renew.  It was a pretty long phone call to get them to eventually take my account off of auto renew but it was worth it.  I'm planning on buying a card from Amazon that gives you 13 months for $50.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.