Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Random Selection of Board Quotes for the Day #3 - Holy Tits

BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By BraindeadRacr

Little special edition cause all hell broke lose on every comment section, board and dedicated forum regarding this change. So much comedic gold to be salvaged.

So the deal so far:
    Microsoft's planning on upping the service cost for Gold by a couple o' dollar, around the 10$ extra. Now I see why the entire world lies in shambles about this, cause lets face it - PSN is free and it offers more, why should we pay even more than the already-balls-high 50$? I suppose it's not gonna bother me too much on the long run but... I can see why people seem to be enraged.

GameTrailers.com - "Xbox Live Price Increase Announced"

"Microsoft already makes more money than the Vatican, what the hell do they need the extra money for?" - SgtCuddles
    "I find this so funny, all those people that called Sony greedy corporate pricks on their launch are gonna look like fools now :P" - wolf-x
    "People who'll take this are like women in an abusive relationship, 'He hits me cause he loves me! :D'... Dumbfucks." - Joker VR6T
    "And now people will ration them 12 month cards now like fuckin' foodstamps during World War II" - lilbro
    "(In response to Zetra3 who said: Microsoft, if you gave a fuck...) Your credibility ended there." - Archos2
    "(In response to Zetra3 who said: Microsoft, if you gave a fuck...) Spoiler: They don't." - Augos-Tech

---

MajorNelson.com - "Price Change for Xbox LIVE Gold Subscriptions"

"You don't even give us enough content to justify $50 let alone $60...  Glad I'm paid up for the next year and a half..." - rogXue
    "This isn't going to end well..." - oO Daz Oo
    "(In response to MajorNelson who said: And yes, I’ll be sharing some of the comments (good and bad) with the team.) There's good comments?" - rudolf999
    "Breaking News: Sony's PR room is currently pissing itself laughing." - Chaozfurties 
    "Raising prices in a recession... What a great concept. lol." - Mikewarrior

---

Kotaku.com - "Xbox Live Price Increase Coming November 1st"

"Lol, you pay or you won't play online. Microsoft holds you by the nuts." - ChunkAhoy
    "lol" - Anemone
    "For an extra $10, what does that entitle me to?" - xan's_commenting_yea!
    • "Same ol' stuff you paid for already." - 0_Lives_Left
    "PS3: the answer to all your overpriced LIVE problems." - NorthStar37
    "Heh, they got you trapped. Now they squeeze." - indrawnperson 
    "How about ADDING SOME FUCKING VALUE before extracting more from us?" - 7ucky

---

Yup, that's 10 dollar extra for you. And here's our local weatherman with our daily forecast:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHH!!!
     WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHH!!!
    BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BraindeadRacr

Little special edition cause all hell broke lose on every comment section, board and dedicated forum regarding this change. So much comedic gold to be salvaged.

So the deal so far:
    Microsoft's planning on upping the service cost for Gold by a couple o' dollar, around the 10$ extra. Now I see why the entire world lies in shambles about this, cause lets face it - PSN is free and it offers more, why should we pay even more than the already-balls-high 50$? I suppose it's not gonna bother me too much on the long run but... I can see why people seem to be enraged.

GameTrailers.com - "Xbox Live Price Increase Announced"

"Microsoft already makes more money than the Vatican, what the hell do they need the extra money for?" - SgtCuddles
    "I find this so funny, all those people that called Sony greedy corporate pricks on their launch are gonna look like fools now :P" - wolf-x
    "People who'll take this are like women in an abusive relationship, 'He hits me cause he loves me! :D'... Dumbfucks." - Joker VR6T
    "And now people will ration them 12 month cards now like fuckin' foodstamps during World War II" - lilbro
    "(In response to Zetra3 who said: Microsoft, if you gave a fuck...) Your credibility ended there." - Archos2
    "(In response to Zetra3 who said: Microsoft, if you gave a fuck...) Spoiler: They don't." - Augos-Tech

---

MajorNelson.com - "Price Change for Xbox LIVE Gold Subscriptions"

"You don't even give us enough content to justify $50 let alone $60...  Glad I'm paid up for the next year and a half..." - rogXue
    "This isn't going to end well..." - oO Daz Oo
    "(In response to MajorNelson who said: And yes, I’ll be sharing some of the comments (good and bad) with the team.) There's good comments?" - rudolf999
    "Breaking News: Sony's PR room is currently pissing itself laughing." - Chaozfurties 
    "Raising prices in a recession... What a great concept. lol." - Mikewarrior

---

Kotaku.com - "Xbox Live Price Increase Coming November 1st"

"Lol, you pay or you won't play online. Microsoft holds you by the nuts." - ChunkAhoy
    "lol" - Anemone
    "For an extra $10, what does that entitle me to?" - xan's_commenting_yea!
    • "Same ol' stuff you paid for already." - 0_Lives_Left
    "PS3: the answer to all your overpriced LIVE problems." - NorthStar37
    "Heh, they got you trapped. Now they squeeze." - indrawnperson 
    "How about ADDING SOME FUCKING VALUE before extracting more from us?" - 7ucky

---

Yup, that's 10 dollar extra for you. And here's our local weatherman with our daily forecast:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHH!!!
     WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHH!!!
    anarchyzombie9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By anarchyzombie9

I suddenly like Nintendo and Sony alot more.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

Needs more Giant Bomb quotes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

^Best one out of the list.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Even Kotaku isn't fooled by Microsoft's shenanigans. That's not a good sign for MS at all...
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By matthew

Huh.  Interesting compilation you've got there.  Very well done.  Props good sir.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By BunkerBuster

I'm still waiting for the Sony team to realize their perfect opportunity to undercut the competition with a price adjustment of $50 dollars a year for PSN.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

Needs more Bomb.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jack268

Oh no, it costs a noodle package extra per month to play online. Boo hoo. People really are blowing this out of proportion.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Jack268 said:
    " Oh no, it costs a noodle package extra per month to play online. Boo hoo. People really are blowing this out of proportion. "
    The problem is that there's no extra added content or functionality to justify the price increase. If everyone just takes this lying down, what does that tell Microsoft? Next thing you know it's $75 a year. "But that's only $15 more than it was! Just don't eat lunch two days a month!"

The issue isn't that $10 a month is a dealbreaker, the issue is the principle of the matter.
    Robitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Robitt

Wow, yeah I expect Microsoft to hastily push out some new stupid feature to try and damage-control this mess.

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By herocide

Even with a somewhat small increase like this; considering millions of people buy these subscriptions every year, think of how much more money MS is getting out of this.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jack268
    @ajamafalous said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    " Oh no, it costs a noodle package extra per month to play online. Boo hoo. People really are blowing this out of proportion. "
    The problem is that there's no extra added content or functionality to justify the price increase. If everyone just takes this lying down, what does that tell Microsoft? Next thing you know it's $75 a year. "But that's only $15 more than it was! Just don't eat lunch two days a month!"   The issue isn't that $10 a month is a dealbreaker, the issue is the principle of the matter. "
    We don't even know if theres more content or not.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Jack268 said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    The problem is that there's no extra added content or functionality to justify the price increase. If everyone just takes this lying down, what does that tell Microsoft? Next thing you know it's $75 a year. "But that's only $15 more than it was! Just don't eat lunch two days a month!"   The issue isn't that $10 a month is a dealbreaker, the issue is the principle of the matter. "
    We don't even know if theres more content or not. "
    What content would even justify a $10 price increase? The only thing I use XBL Gold for is occasional multiplayer. I already feel like $50 is too much for that. Personally, even if they do add new features, I'm still not interested in paying $60. And, in that case, why not let people decide if they feel the extra content is worth the premium and have multiple subscription packages?
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jack268
    @ajamafalous said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    What content would even justify a $10 price increase? The only thing I use XBL Gold for is occasional multiplayer. I already feel like $50 is too much for that. Personally, even if they do add new features, I'm still not interested in paying $60. And, in that case, why not let people decide if they feel the extra content is worth the premium and have multiple subscription packages? "
    It's up to everyone to decide what they feel is worth their money. If you only play occasionaly and don't feel like paying for it, you can just skip it.  

And if the price was set in 2005(I don't remember when, please correct me if I'm wrong) The actual increase here is like 3 dollars if you throw inflation into the mix.

I have to agree that they should have different subscription models though. But people really are going out of hand with their Microsoft hate here.
    GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GreggD
    @ajamafalous: That's not a bad idea.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Jack268 said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    " @ajamafalous said:
    " @Jack268 said:
    What content would even justify a $10 price increase? The only thing I use XBL Gold for is occasional multiplayer. I already feel like $50 is too much for that. Personally, even if they do add new features, I'm still not interested in paying $60. And, in that case, why not let people decide if they feel the extra content is worth the premium and have multiple subscription packages? "
    It's up to everyone to decide what they feel is worth their money. If you only play occasionaly and don't feel like paying for it, you can just skip it.   And if the price was set in 2005(I don't remember when, please correct me if I'm wrong) The actual increase here is like 3 dollars if you throw inflation into the mix. I have to agree that they should have different subscription models though. But people really are going out of hand with their Microsoft hate here. "
    Not really the point I should be harping on, but I actually do plan on "just [skipping] it." My year is up in September and I was struggling to find a reason to resubscribe. This kinda just pushed me over the edge.

An inflation argument seems kinda dumb; if everything went up with inflation, games would be way more expensive than they are now. Even then, when a new gen starts and the games go up in price, people complain. And they have a right to; suddenly they're paying more money than they were previously, and people don't like that.
    BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BraindeadRacr

To those claiming it needs more Bomb; The FBI wants to talk to you and I'm sure you can find your way to Giantbombs' very own take on this story, I'm just grabbing stuff from other websites. D:

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By yukoasho

I already talked about this myself, but those quotes are awesome.  Yeah, the price hike is a huge ripoff.  I'll not be going anywhere near Live anymore.

Too many fucking ads anyway.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By RenegadeSaint

I'm surprised people care so much.  If you can't afford $60/year, you shouldn't have spent hundreds of dollars on consoles and video games.  Also, if you pay the full $60, you need to put more effort into finding sales.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.