Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Strangest Voice Message You've Ever Gotten?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

We've all gotten those 10th Prestige Lobby messages and the "I'm gonna hack you" messages, but what about those truly bizarre messages that really make you wonder?

The weirdest message I've ever gotten was from this creepy guy on Far Cry Instincts Predator. (Major high five if you played this game) Every time I went on multiplayer this guy would like instantly send me a friend request and game invite. Adding him was pointless because if he saw you playing any game that wasn't Far Cry he'd delete you. One time however he sent me a voice message. His voice sounds like Stitch (From that Disney movie) but 5 times deeper. I'll type it like sounds.

"Hello, Bird, come to my game I have guud map and a no lag. Come play, you beat me at game I give you one hundred dolla."

I remember laughing so hard when I got this message and I immediately recorded it and uploaded it to Youtube. Sadly the video got removed when I closed my channel but people did agree it was hilarious.

If you've gotten any funny/weird XBL voice message stories please share. I'd love to hear them!

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Svenzon

I played some MW2 after not having touched the game for a year and suddenly got a voice from some guy I hadn't even noticed ingame. He spoke in some really weird language I never managed to identify. For some reason, I found it very creepy.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jothel

Spent an entire game arguing with this guy then after he sent a message afterwards saying that if the circumstances were different would we have been friends, and could we be friends? Was... random

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ShaggE

Never gotten a weird one, but I do like to try to creep assholes out. If they message insults at me, I just record something like "But you're my favorite... such a pretty bunny... such a lovely little bunny..." in a whispered croak. It's usually extremely effective at getting somebody off your ass, and it's really, really fun.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm pretty sure I've had messages in the past that just sounded like incoherent babbling, but I don't think I've ever gotten anything weirder than that.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Pazy

I went back to play some Halo 3 recently after not playing it for years, I used to play Halo 2 and 3 for hours a day for many years, and did some random matchmaking. At the end of a particularely good match where I didnt die at all, and came first, I got a message from someone saying "Fuck you man, fuck you you hacker" or something like that.

Again in Halo, Reach this time, I got team-killed by a dude 3 times and had the option to kick him. I kicked him and then got a message saying "Good for you".

Not all that strange but I tend not to listen to most voice messages, and Im normally in the middle of the pack.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Incapability

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Incapability
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60

Not a voice message but I made a thread when it happened, played a guy in Mortal Kombat and he sent me pictures of himself dressed as Kabal with creepy text with them.

serpentenema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By serpentenema

@WilltheMagicAsian: "I think you are cute as hell"

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By Cincaid

Got one today from a dude on my friendslist, who noticed I was playing Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, and he simply offered to help me with the co-op achievements if I wanted to.

Man I love my XBL friends!

BrainSonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BrainSonata

Some little shit and his friends were screaming at me when he challenged me to a one on one in MW2... I only ever played the game to troll people and just spammed knives and always got crazy Kill/Death ratios so he messages me calling me a "faggot cunt dick, play me one on one I'll fucking own you you little prick" and all his mates in the background were going "YEAH HE'S GONNA OWN YOU NOOB"

So, I set up a lobby with just me and him and set it to headshots only without telling him, I ran around with the AA12 shotgun obviously killing him instantly every time, he was screaming "WHAT THE FUCK YOU FUCKING CHEATER YOU'VE GOT AN AIMBOT NOOB" all his mates going apeshit in the background too.

So due to his protests against my mad shotgunning skills I started using the pistols and continued headshotting him whilst he sprayed his dumb ACR or some shit. He continued to call me all the generic XBL names under the sun.

I win and forget about it. About an hour later I get a party invite from the same guy and he starts saying "Hi (Gamertag) I'm sorry for getting so mad and swearing so much, my mum heard me and is making me apologise" and then I heard his mum say "good" before he cuts off.

Day. Made.

(Blame typos on iPad if there is any)

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jrad

Playing MW2, I scored the last kill of the round with a throwing knife from some ridiculous distance away. Pure luck -- I literally tossed it at random in the direction of the enemy. I get a voice message.

"That kill was fucking sick, bro!"

I guess it's not weird, but I mean, who does that? Who goes through the trouble to send a voice message to someone who got a 'sick' kill? I don't speak on mic chat or anything. He wasn't even the person I killed! Maybe I'm just asocial, but it seemed pretty messed up to me.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By buft

I once got a voice message with a sincere message of thanks after playing though the entirety of Aegis wing once, was quite a while after it came out and noone was playing anymore, i booted it up having just got it because as a UK national it was never actually released here and i had just figured out you could make an american account. Having joined a few games with people quitting alot and never getting anywhere i got into one game where the chap was quite loud about his abilities as a player we ended up going though the whole game and we parted ways.

Next day I get a voice message from the dude "hey man, thanks for sticking around, you played great" well lets just say fro Xbox live thats pretty weird.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Loafsmooch

People do strange things when you're at the top of the leaderboards in some game.

I used to play Deadliest Warrior on XBL when it was new, climbed to top 10 fairly fast. Every day I got friend requests from random people I had never even played against. And the people I did play against.. man.. So many hateful little cunts screaming their lungs out in voice messages just because I beat them :|

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Justin258

I played Far Cry Instincts on the original Xbox; it was a very good game there. I then bought the 360 version, expecting a better looking version of that, but the aiming felt way off. I recently picked up the original Xbox version again just to confirm that the aiming wasn't bad on that one either, and it wasn't. I don't know what the hell went wrong with porting Far Cry Instincts to the Xbox 360, but the controls feel so far off that I couldn't make myself play it. Which is a shame, because that game is probably one of the best of last generation and the Xbox could barely keep up with it, so a good and working 360 version would have been a real treat. Even better would have been a PC version!

As far as Xbox Live (and Steam, and PSN) messages go, I usually delete the ones that aren't from one of my friends or from someone I actually talked to.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EXTomar

People get voice messages on XBox Live? News to me.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Justin258

@Jrad said:

Playing MW2, I scored the last kill of the round with a throwing knife from some ridiculous distance away. Pure luck -- I literally tossed it at random in the direction of the enemy. I get a voice message.

"That kill was fucking sick, bro!"

I guess it's not weird, but I mean, who does that? Who goes through the trouble to send a voice message to someone who got a 'sick' kill? I don't speak on mic chat or anything. He wasn't even the person I killed! Maybe I'm just asocial, but it seemed pretty messed up to me.

Did it happen to be this one?

I found this video (somehow) a long time ago.

Also, that phrase doesn't sound so far off from how some people do talk about fucking awesome kills.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Nentisys

Got one from I dude I helped defeat the Gaping Dragon in Dark Souls. It was basically just an incoherent rant about the difficulty of the game and questioning why he even playing it. Overall I have gotten a lot of voice messages from people I cooped with in Dark Souls but all have been very friendly.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By mscupcakes

I remember getting a voice message from a guy who wanted me to record myself burping (because that's sexy now?) and plenty "get back in kitchen" ones.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Dany

Someone called me a fag hag. He clearly didn't know what it meant, lol

@mscupcakes said:

I remember getting a voice message from a guy who wanted me to record myself burping (because that's sexy now?) and plenty "get back in kitchen" ones.

I had someone ask a girl in a room to make him a sandwich. She responded to him in french or something, he understood and he just left the room. lol

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By ajamafalous

I have literally never received a voice message on XBL.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rabid619

Probably the British guy who called my mom Swine. There was a lot more to the message than that, but I just remember being completely thrown off and laughing at the use of swine vs pig.

That and the times where I've argued with someone for a while only to receive a friend request after we were finished. That's always really odd.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Canteu

I've had one before simply saying "Your gamertag is beast bro!"

Another I had was recently playing Dragon's Dogma.

"Hey so uh, I saw your guy in town and she looks really awesome and I want her but I don't have enough points to get her so maybe you can add me as a friend so I can get her for free? You'll still get all the bonuses and stuff its just I really really want her and cant afford her. Please?"

I wish I could talk without breathing like that guy can.

I also had one from CoD4. I'd just unlocked the gold mini-uzi and some piece of shit kept teamkilling me to take it off my body. Of course. I'm playing with friends and we just instakill him anytime he spawns. We're in private chat though (pre party) so obviously I have no idea what anyone thinks of this little feud we're having.

After the game he sends me a message like, "I've got tons of friends and we're all going to get you banned for cheating cos there's no way you got that gun legit so fuck you you stupid cheating kid."

I had in fact gotten the skin legit (this was pretty soon after launch), but the bad part was I did actually get a 3 day suspension a day later. Was not happy about having to make a temp account for 3 days.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cloudleet

My friend likes to creep me out with the voice messages, so what he does is; if he's at another friends place, and the guy/girl has an xbox, he will send me some freaky ass message, often getting the host to read it in. And this is not just "I wanna kiss you on the belly" creepy, this is so, so much darker.

Other than that, some guy went "I hacked your account, I can see you with the Xbox camera, yeah, you in a shirt!" after I beat him in Halo 3. I fell off my couch laughing.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BaneFireLord

I've had people send me "Busty Briana will do anything on Live Camera only 14.99 a minute!" spam. Otherwise, as I mostly play single player games, I generally don't get messages period.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Phatmac

Other than some clan invites for Halo Reach, nothing to weird. I do get a lot of angry messages for strange reasons, nut nothing to bizarre.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.