Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Tale of an Xbox Live Victim: A Story of Hope

GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By GameFreak315

Here's something I thought I'd write for anyone who's ever been fed up with irritating people playing online.  Enjoy!

I got Left 4 Dead for Christmas...and I've been enjoying it.  It's a great sense of urgency that most games can't convey.  And it has zombies.  Playing online is a new thing for me, I'd never used my headset before I started playing this game.  I played the first two scenarios in a few days and felt like I was starting to warm up to the game.

I should add this...I don't really play shooters.  My main focus for about a year now, actually, has been Guitar Hero.  I don't know, it's just addicting.  :P

Anyways, I get grouped with three others for the plane getaway scenario.  After the first few minutes of gameplay with them, I gather that one of the guys had completed each scenario on Expert.  That's impressive...but why is he playing on Normal?

Basically, the Expert guy spends the entire time getting way too far ahead and showing off how great he is.  I mean, yeah, he's good, but no one appreciates someone who acknowledges it this way.  He makes some dumb mistakes and gets taken out a few times, but we revive him when we can and keep going.  The first dumb mistake is going off on his own...that's not how to play this game.  I was sure he knew that, but apparently not?

In one instance, he leaves me with another guy...not wearing a headset, but I assume he's nicer...to fight a horde of zombies for ourselves....which is pleasant.  We're actually doing alright until a Boomer runs towards the other guy I was with.  I step in front of him and start shooting, but the Boomer still gets his vomit out, and it covers me...more zombies...etc.

At this point, the Expert guy is screaming, and it turns out that the other guy who went with *him* had also beaten some Expert levels.  Apparently, they were going for the achievement where no one gets vomited on through the entire scenario.  I'd already taken some verbal abuse from this guy, but nothing compared to this outburst.  We're about halfway through, and he's pretty hostile for the rest of the game.

When we reach the next safehouse, I'm low on health.  (I gave my medpack away.  :P)  The Expert guy turns to me and shoots me.  Like, on purpose.  I'm incapacitated, and the way this game works is that when a player is down, another player must revive them by holding down the "X" button.  Instead, the Expert guy taps the "X" button...which begins to heal me each time, and by the design of the game, makes my character shout things.  Each time.  The other two are just watching like..."dude, that's messed up."  Eventually he fully heals me, saying, "Don't **** with me again."  Not too happy about that.

We're on the final chapter when we get to the hold-off area.  Ammo, health, and a chain machine gun, which the Expert guy takes.  We fight off plenty of zombies, and he continues to ridicule my lack of perfection.  I mean, I'd always heard that Live could be brutal, but honestly...we were supposed to be working together!

This is where everything falls into place for me.  His tragic flaw always was going off on his own...and he does so.

He leaves us to fight more zombies, efficiently finishing them off.  Except for one...a Hunter.  The Hunter leaps onto him and starts completely ripping him apart.  At that moment, the other slightly expert player had already triggered the event that would call our rescue vehicle, and the horde.  I walk over and watch the Hunter tearing apart this Expert player, and finally, when his health is at about 10, I get rid of it.  He stands back up and begins to run over to me...but it's too far, and I have a pistol aimed at his head.  I pull the trigger, and he goes down.

The horde comes, and so does our rescue vehicle.  We get in the vehicle and leave him on the ground.  The horde surrounds him, and we're gone.  If words could describe how sweet that was.  :P

There's a success story for all ye with little hope.  I hope you enjoyed it.  ^_^

GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By GameFreak315

Here's something I thought I'd write for anyone who's ever been fed up with irritating people playing online.  Enjoy!

I got Left 4 Dead for Christmas...and I've been enjoying it.  It's a great sense of urgency that most games can't convey.  And it has zombies.  Playing online is a new thing for me, I'd never used my headset before I started playing this game.  I played the first two scenarios in a few days and felt like I was starting to warm up to the game.

I should add this...I don't really play shooters.  My main focus for about a year now, actually, has been Guitar Hero.  I don't know, it's just addicting.  :P

Anyways, I get grouped with three others for the plane getaway scenario.  After the first few minutes of gameplay with them, I gather that one of the guys had completed each scenario on Expert.  That's impressive...but why is he playing on Normal?

Basically, the Expert guy spends the entire time getting way too far ahead and showing off how great he is.  I mean, yeah, he's good, but no one appreciates someone who acknowledges it this way.  He makes some dumb mistakes and gets taken out a few times, but we revive him when we can and keep going.  The first dumb mistake is going off on his own...that's not how to play this game.  I was sure he knew that, but apparently not?

In one instance, he leaves me with another guy...not wearing a headset, but I assume he's nicer...to fight a horde of zombies for ourselves....which is pleasant.  We're actually doing alright until a Boomer runs towards the other guy I was with.  I step in front of him and start shooting, but the Boomer still gets his vomit out, and it covers me...more zombies...etc.

At this point, the Expert guy is screaming, and it turns out that the other guy who went with *him* had also beaten some Expert levels.  Apparently, they were going for the achievement where no one gets vomited on through the entire scenario.  I'd already taken some verbal abuse from this guy, but nothing compared to this outburst.  We're about halfway through, and he's pretty hostile for the rest of the game.

When we reach the next safehouse, I'm low on health.  (I gave my medpack away.  :P)  The Expert guy turns to me and shoots me.  Like, on purpose.  I'm incapacitated, and the way this game works is that when a player is down, another player must revive them by holding down the "X" button.  Instead, the Expert guy taps the "X" button...which begins to heal me each time, and by the design of the game, makes my character shout things.  Each time.  The other two are just watching like..."dude, that's messed up."  Eventually he fully heals me, saying, "Don't **** with me again."  Not too happy about that.

We're on the final chapter when we get to the hold-off area.  Ammo, health, and a chain machine gun, which the Expert guy takes.  We fight off plenty of zombies, and he continues to ridicule my lack of perfection.  I mean, I'd always heard that Live could be brutal, but honestly...we were supposed to be working together!

This is where everything falls into place for me.  His tragic flaw always was going off on his own...and he does so.

He leaves us to fight more zombies, efficiently finishing them off.  Except for one...a Hunter.  The Hunter leaps onto him and starts completely ripping him apart.  At that moment, the other slightly expert player had already triggered the event that would call our rescue vehicle, and the horde.  I walk over and watch the Hunter tearing apart this Expert player, and finally, when his health is at about 10, I get rid of it.  He stands back up and begins to run over to me...but it's too far, and I have a pistol aimed at his head.  I pull the trigger, and he goes down.

The horde comes, and so does our rescue vehicle.  We get in the vehicle and leave him on the ground.  The horde surrounds him, and we're gone.  If words could describe how sweet that was.  :P

There's a success story for all ye with little hope.  I hope you enjoyed it.  ^_^

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Ooooh man, that was a good story. I was hoping it was going to involve killing that guy. :D

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Player1

Hahahah SWEET SWEET IRONY!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

Damn, great conclusion. To be honest, I would have cussed the guy the hell out of the party by then.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Snipzor

Delicious, bastard deserved the bullet.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By breadfan
    MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MisterSpiffy

Hahaha, that's epic!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

Great story! I love getting under the skin of people who are like that. It's so damn easy to do. Another good hint for you, if you're doing Co-op and not VS mode, when you run into someone else like that, if they do the " run ahead" thing, and just keep yelling after they die, you have to rescue them in a closet for them to ever respawn. So the trick is you just leave them in the closet the rest of the game, and laugh.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By ZenaxPure

Man that is absolutely amazing. I hate people on XBL, glad I don't listen to most of them.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Shadow

that's a pretty damn good story.

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By uberpwner93

Holy crap. That was probably the best LIVE story I've ever heard. Great job in getting revenge. It was amazing how ironic it was.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Kazona

Definitely the most awesome LIVE story I've ever read. You, my friend, are like a god to me now. A GOD I TELL YOU!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.