Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

What is your xbox live reputation?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Pie

43% of all people that I have encountered have avoided me. Thats a heck of a lot of people. 

33% avoided me because of trash talk which is strange seeing how I dont have a mic and all and only ever send messages to people to congratulate them or to mess with peoples minds who trash talked me but I never trash talk back. 

66% of people avoided me because I am too aggressive which I presume is because I like to pick out someone out in GTA4 free mode and hunt them down, also I am rather good at CoD games and have recently been using the knife runner class a lot which people dont take kindly to. 

You?

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

That isn't really that high compared to other numbers I've heard. I believe it is based on how many people have left you feedback (as in the percentage, regardless if it is positive or negative), not how many total people you have ever played with. 44% have avoided me. It dropped by two percent two days ago cause I took too long to start a Left 4 Dead 2 game.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pie
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " That isn't really that high compared to other numbers I've heard. I believe it is based on how many people have left you feedback (as in the percentage, regardless if it is positive or negative), not how many total people you have ever played with. 44% have avoided me. It dropped by two percent two days ago cause I took too long to start a Left 4 Dead 2 game. "
    But on the prefferred percentage it says % preffered you or didnt comment on you
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty

85% approval. I haven't played a lot of competitive games, though.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Tylea002

I was 100% approval. Then I got SFIV and became 95%. Only 5% drop cause I'm not that good at SF. Then I got CoD4 and it dropped to 80%. Now, after I've started playing MW2 its around 70% or lower. Because I'm not that good at CoD, so apparently I might let the team down or something. May have killed someone and pissed them off. Who knows? Those ratings are pointless anyway.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MysteriousBob

I dare not look because my connection is incredibly unstable.

Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Galv

10% approved 
    90% avoided 

I really don't get this. Does this really mean that 90% of the people I have ever played wiith took the time to give me a negative player review. Now I have played a crap load of CoD4 online and find it hard to believe that that many people take the time to submit player reviews. I have never submitted a player review myself.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hitchenson

80% have avoided me, brah!

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fosssil
    @idiotic_genius1 said:
    " 10% approved 90% avoided  I really don't get this. Does this really mean that 90% of the people I have ever played wiith took the time to give me a negative player review. Now I have played a crap load of CoD4 online and find it hard to believe that that many people take the time to submit player reviews. I have never submitted a player review myself. "
    No, I'm pretty sure that it isn't accurate. I made a new account one time so that I could play with a friend of mine at lower levels in Halo 3 and after a week I was 99% avoided, which seems almost impossible.
    ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By ZmillA

I never knew people took the time to use that feedback feature. I used it a little when I first got my 360 and haven't touched it since.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By GunstarRed

as soon as I started playing HD remix and then SFIV mine went somewhere into the 70's have avoided/hated/want to kill you... 

I just stopped looking when I saw that apparently I quit early a lot.... I still have a 0% disconnect rating in SFIV after 6500 odd matches
    septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By septim

Yeah I think the wording is goofy. It must mean the percentage of players who either left you feedback or viewed your information or something. 

86% avoided me I'm guessing due to my Gears of War trash talking days.

Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Galv
    @Fosssil said:
    " @idiotic_genius1 said:
    " 10% approved 90% avoided  I really don't get this. Does this really mean that 90% of the people I have ever played wiith took the time to give me a negative player review. Now I have played a crap load of CoD4 online and find it hard to believe that that many people take the time to submit player reviews. I have never submitted a player review myself. "
    No, I'm pretty sure that it isn't accurate. I made a new account one time so that I could play with a friend of mine at lower levels in Halo 3 and after a week I was 99% avoided, which seems almost impossible. "

Wow, thats kind of crazy. 
    Yeah I don't think it's right either. I don't think they do a good job explaining how your rep is calculated. Also, it's not like that really matters to me, and I have never met anyone who honestly cared about their rep.
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hockeymask27

65% preferred but its really a flawed system. The system is flawed because it only takes into account the number of people who submitted feedback not the amount of people you played with. That being the case most people don't go out of the way to submit feedback unless you wrong them in some sort of way or want to be dicks, thus your % can drop like rock. For me my rep was hurt bad by SVR07,08 for quote on quote being "aggressive" aka winning. The only reason its decent is because the older NHL games 07,08 asked for rep review after every game so I was actually get good feedback from them.

septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By septim

Yeah and how come with 86% supposedly avoiding me why do I have a five star rep? Shouldn't I mathematically have like half a star?

Muscular_Thighs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Muscular_Thighs

A bit of a loner, but someone who will watch your back if you find yourself in the trenches with him.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By The_Dude

Two thumbs up d ^_^ b

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@Pie said:

" @Vito_Raliffe said:

" That isn't really that high compared to other numbers I've heard. I believe it is based on how many people have left you feedback (as in the percentage, regardless if it is positive or negative), not how many total people you have ever played with. 44% have avoided me. It dropped by two percent two days ago cause I took too long to start a Left 4 Dead 2 game. "

But on the prefferred percentage it says % preffered you or didnt comment on you "
    I know, but I really don't think that is true at all. I have had the 360 and a Live account since launch (over 4 years now), and I have played with hundreds if not thousands of different people. I seriously doubt that 44% of those people left me negative feedback.

I am also curious as to how low your percentage can get before you no longer have a 5-star rating. It is kind of weird to have a full five stars if 44% people I have ever played with avoided me.

Edit: And also, I have noticed that my positive percentage only goes up if someone specifically leaves me positive feedback. If that wasn't the case, then my percentage should go up a lot more often as I play with more people.

The system really doesn't work well, and it doesn't seem like Microsoft gives a shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.