Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Live

Concept »

Xbox Live is Microsoft's online gaming service.

Xbox Live Black Friday Sale 2016

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By isomeri

This years' Xbox Live Black Friday Sale is now up for Gold subscribers and will be available to everyone on the November 22. The sale ends on November 28.

The full list of games on sale is a bit of a doozy so I won't copy the list in its entirety here. Both Major Nelson and this NeoGAF thread are updating games on sale as they pop up.

Some choice picks that I noticed are a Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 bundle for €75, The Master Chief Collection for €15, Rare Replay for €9,99, The Witcher 3 for €20 and so on. Keep in mind that the sale also applies to backwards compatible 360 games like Red Dead Redemption, Trials HD, Alan Wake etc. Play Anywhere titles like Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3 and Recore will be on sale as well at some point during the week, so interested PC users should also keep a look-out.

EDIT: Fixed the title. I was a little too hopeful that we'd be out of 2016 already.

RickRockmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Dang. I got excited when I saw Doom on the list but it's just the two multiplayer DLCs that are on sale, the game itself is still full price. That's some shit.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickrockmann: It's not on sale, yet. They'll keep updating the list of games every day as far as I know. You can get the two first original Doom games for under 2 bucks each though.

GearSol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wooo, I can finally get around to getting the Trials games, after all these years.

Maybe also Banjo Kazooie.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mems1224

That Telltale Batman game pricing is dumb. First episode is free then it's $13 for 2-5 or you can't get everything for $17? Wut?

Will probably just get that, Hyper Light Drifter and Homefront. I have most of the other stuff I want. Also fuck man, that BF1 and TF2 bundle is a real kick in the nuts. I bought both at full price a few weeks ago.

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By archer88

I picked up Titanfall 2. First sale I've seen in Canada. It's had a larger discount in the states, but exchange/shipping/taxes/import always made it a shit deal. I'll take 40% off any day.

Also, wondering when ReCore will go on sale. Wouldn't mind grabbing that too.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DharmaBum

Hitman for 30 bucks - don't mind if I do.

Everyone should buy Titanfall 2 if you haven't already.

Edit: might snag Life is Strange and Metro Redux also.

@mems1224 said:

Also fuck man, that BF1 and TF2 bundle is a real kick in the nuts. I bought both at full price a few weeks ago.

You might be able to get a refund (if you bought digital) by talking to chat support. I was able to outside of the 30 day window for BF1.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked up Titanfall 2 ($36), Hitman ($30), Jackbox Party Pack 3 ($16.75) and Arkham Knight Premium Edition ($16)

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going in on Xcom 2 for sure. I'll wait for the next batch of deals to hit on the 25th until I get anything else. Pretty tempted on Deus Ex and Titanfall 2 but I want to see what else is on offer before I jump on those just yet. It's a long shot since it just came out, but I would jump on Watch Dogs 2 for about 45 in a heartbeat.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Hitman for 30 bucks - don't mind if I do.

Everyone should buy Titanfall 2 if you haven't already.

Edit: might snag Life is Strange and Metro Redux also.

@mems1224 said:

Also fuck man, that BF1 and TF2 bundle is a real kick in the nuts. I bought both at full price a few weeks ago.

You might be able to get a refund (if you bought digital) by talking to chat support. I was able to outside of the 30 day window for BF1.

Any advice on how you got the refund? They wouldn't budge for me on Titanfall 2 which I bought only two weeks ago. They basically said that because I bought it outside the discount period I was shit out of luck. I also bought digital and talked through chat support. I asked for a price adjustment, but not refund, so maybe that's the difference?

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DharmaBum

@darth_navster: I don't know if I got lucky with the rep or if they glanced at my purchase history and consider me a whale or what. I've worked in customer service before so I was prepared to use my jedi mind tricks if necessary.

Edit: yes, I asked specifically for a refund due to buyer's remorse.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@dharmabum: That's fair, these things are always hit or miss. I'll just move on and take the L. I still like Titanfall 2 a whole lot, so it's not all bad!

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By bibamatt

Great to see Jackbox 3 in there so soon. I've been meaning to pick that up. £12 for Assassin's Creed Syndicate seems pretty great too?

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah I'm waiting for them to put up gears and forza soonish. I was also holding out for recore.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Capum15

Hmm, nothing really hitting for me. Maybe Mafia 3 but I already have far too many other games to get through.

saispag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman upgrade pack is a good price for those with just the intro pack like me, might get Rise of Tomb Raider and the Jackbox 3 price is good with holidays coming up. Waiting to see on the discount on the play anywhere games though, I'd snap up a cheap Forza Horizon 3 I can play on PC

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zombievac

@isomeri said:

This years' Xbox Live Black Friday Sale is now up for Gold subscribers and will be available to everyone on the November 22. The sale ends on November 28.

The full list of games on sale is a bit of a doozy so I won't copy the list in its entirety here. Both Major Nelson and this NeoGAF thread are updating games on sale as they pop up.

Some choice picks that I noticed are a Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 bundle for €75, The Master Chief Collection for €15, Rare Replay for €9,99, The Witcher 3 for €20 and so on. Keep in mind that the sale also applies to backwards compatible 360 games like Red Dead Redemption, Trials HD, Alan Wake etc. Play Anywhere titles like Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3 and Recore will be on sale as well at some point during the week, so interested PC users should also keep a look-out.

EDIT: Fixed the title. I was a little too hopeful that we'd be out of 2016 already.

First, thank you for posting this, it's very helpful.

However, and I'm not super familiar with European pricing, but those deals you listed in particular are NOT good deals, IMO... I mean, I already got T2 and B1, for $51 USD, total (boxed versions using a best buy sale and their gamers club/rewardzone)! Masterchief has been less than that many times already as well. Witcher 3 as well, I think.

It really annoys me that MS and Sony are both SO ignorant about digital pricing and how to do it well. It ONLY makes sense for them to push everyone who possibly can to go all digital (since they make probably 5x as much profit per sale without the manufacturing, distribution, retail shelf space payoffs, and retail/middleman profit cuts)... and yet they always make the pricing and sales significantly worse than on boxed products!

WTF, is logic that hard for MS/Sony? Or is it pure hubris? You don't even have to come up with a simple, logical idea yourself, you could just copy Steam and at least be SOMEWHAT competitive...

Also, just based on comments I'm still seeing all the time... why is ANYONE still paying full price for any game, anymore? Even on release date, you never have to pay full price aside from a few exceptions (Blizzard games, or games you want on PC that don't come in a boxed retail version and just sell digitally at full price). Seriously, and I feel like an ad for Best Buy at this point (or Amazon is close too), so please forgive me for repeating this in multiple threads... just get Gamers club and rewardzone at BB and you always get 20% off any boxed game at any price, and 5-10% back in gift cards (rewardzone certificates). It even worked on the FULL BAND set for Rock Band 4, which paid for my gamers club's ($30) subscription itself for 4 years in my case. Plus they have a deal now too for pre-orders where you get another $10 gift card with the purchase too... So I've bought a plethora of games this season for $35, on release date!

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DharmaBum

@zombievac: The wait and see approach paid off for me handsomely this year when I finally bought an Xbox One and had a huge backlog of titles with reduced prices to try out. I'm pretty much set for the next year until Red Dead.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By isomeri

A quick update. The Play Anywhere titles are now on sale, ReCore for €20, Forza Horizon 3 for €45 and Gears of War 4 for €42.

EDIT: Fixed the prices to my local region (Finland). All of your prices will probably be lower without the VAT.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By zombie2011

Some really good stuff here. I got Wolfenstein, Mad Max, and Dishonored Remaster for $10 each.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DharmaBum

Looks like the store has been updated with a new batch of deals. I just pulled the trigger on DOOM for $20 digital. Cut me off, barkeep.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like I picked a good time to pick up an xbox one s. I got the rare replay and skate 3.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worth looking at the TV and movie section as well. Fargo Season 2 for HD is £4!

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DharmaBum

FYI: ReCore is $15 for the digital cross-buy version on microsoftstore.com but it's $20 elsewhere on the main Xbox store. Really underrated game in my opinion and worth that price.

I thought MCC was supposed to be $15 also but I haven't seen it drop price.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lost_Remnant

@dharmabum: I was going to grab the Microsoft store version but since I already have a grip in my Xbox wallet I just grabbed the one on the Xbox Store, really looking forward to playing it.

Have already grabbed Xcom 2, Wolfenstein: The New Order and TMNT: Mutants In Manhattan (not the best game but my friend and I get to nerd out over TMNT and beat up on some foot soldiers, already worth the investment.)

Waiting to see how else the sale progresses, probably going to be jumping on stuff last minute since I'm waiting to see if anything new is added on Saturday/Sunday. Trying not to go too crazy since they usually have a Christmas sale of some sort too that is usually pretty alright.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By isomeri

@dharmabum: Damn, I already picked up the Xbox Store version. Well, the microsoftstore.com offer seems to only apply to the US anyhow.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

got rare replay finally. just need sunset overdrive and i think my xbone hot scloosie collection is complete.

also fable 2 cause why not.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I bought Far Cry Primal, Assassin's Creed, Rare Replay, Carmageddon Max Damage, Fable II, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Mad Max, Grow Up, and Batman Arkham Knight.

Coincidentally, I'm playing through Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse, way more than all the others, that I bought from the week before. It's real nice, finished the campaign, and going through the episodes.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I bought Telltale Batman and I'm really enjoying it. I blasted through the first 3 episodes last night.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I will post this here instead of starting a new topic, since people interested in the current sale will likely care for a Game Pass. I have an extra code for a free month to give away, but it's only for new users, meaning you didn't try the Game Pass before. PM me and I'll send it if you are interested, I won't just post it here because there are bots which snatch stuff like this. Also, this offer is for giantbomb users only, don't start a new account for this, please.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.