Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Anyone else experiencing install issues with digital games on Xbox One?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Lately I have been experiencing issues installing some digital games on my Xbox one. Specifically killer instinct and halo the master chief collection. It'll get to a certain point in the install (30 percent or 65 percent) then say the install stopped. After I restart it from where it left off it seems to do fine, but I'm still confused why some games are doing this. And if restarting to finish the install may cause some data corruption or something.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've tried power cycling several times, but it's not working

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I've had this happen to me before, but not lately. I usually just do what you did and restart the system or wait it out. I also have no idea what causes the problem either.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: I kinda don't know what else to do. I am worried about doing this too much because I'm worried it'll screw my external hard drive or something. Maybe if I turn off the console and let it sit for a bit?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously don't know what else to do. I restored the console to defaults three times now, done several power cycles, and everything else I can think of.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

Try installing to internal storage, formatting your external hard drive, or trying a different hard drive.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: I'm gonna try downloading to the internal drive then transferring it to the external and see if that works.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: BTW does formatting the hard drive cause some damage? I've done it a few times that's why I'm asking

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Of course not....

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: good. Was worried it was something you should only do once or twice, not three or 4 like I did.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The only time I've had this issue was with Forza 6, and it was related to the external drive. My understanding is that the Xbox One will keep installing on external drives even in sleep mode, but I think my external drive shuts itself off after a certain amount of time of being plugged into a device that's "inactive", so I've had a couple of downloads "stop" overnight. I've been able to simply resume them all the next time I booted up the Xbox, except with Forza 6, I made the mistake of installing on the internal drive instead of resuming the external drive's download. After realizing that error midway through, I just let it finish installing to the internal drive, deleted the partial install on the external drive, and then moved the fully installed game to the external afterwards. Even with all this, it didn't corrupt or lose anything, and that includes my add-on stuff for buying the ridiculous Ultimate edition which could have easily gotten lost in the wash by being tied to the external hard drive install or something. The system seems set-up pretty well to handle this stuff.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: I can't seem to figure out why killer instinct and MCC won't finish installing. I formatted my external several times, I restored the console to defaults several times, and unplugged my Ethernet switch and plugged it back in.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still can't figure it out. Thinking of buying the physical copy of MCC.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

This happens to me all of the time too. I don't know how to solve this problem. Did installing it to the internal drive not work? If not, I would assume it's a connection problem from your console to the servers. I don't know which end is causing it, though.

vividnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15  Edited By vividnova

@ravensword: Are you Australian? I know my ISP (iiNet) has this as an ongoing issue for the past few months. Something is wrong with the CDN they have setup with Microsoft for quota free downloads.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ravensword

HOLY CRAP! it finally downloaded. I guess it just finally decided to do it. No idea what I did differently. Hopefully going forward it isn't a issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.