Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Anyone else watching Gamescom?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just thought I'd give a heads up. It starts in four minutes. I just noticed it on Facebook, so having nothing else to do, I'm going to watch it. Do you think there'll be anything interesting that'll be revealed? Maybe stick around after it and discuss.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

Oh... I kind of thought this show was going to be different. I guess I don't watch Gamescom enough!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I was expecting a more traditional stage show like they've done the past few years, not whatever this is.

Also, if a CG trailer for Assassin's Creed counts as one of their seven "world premieres", this thing is going to be profoundly disappointing.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@friendlyphoenix: Ha ha, yeah. Perhaps. The Jurassic Park game looks uninteresting. And okay, so in the past, they did do stage shows. Yeah, that's what I thought this was. I suppose it's cool that Quantum Break and Halo 5 are going to be in 4K. I don't care for Quantum Break, but that game was 720p, while Halo 5 used a dynamic resolution. I wonder if Quantum Break, Halo 5, Doom and what have you will be put into 1080p on the X...

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MachoFantastico

Super underwhelming so far, but not sure I should have expected that much. Still not a lot for me to get excited about the Xbox One X though, don't own a 4K TV and I have a decent PC for high graphics gaming.

Reminds me a lot of how I feel about the PS4 Pro. Just don't see the benefit of owning one right now. Strange times.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frytup

I've got it on in the background. Curious to see details on preodering, though I very much doubt I'll be doing so.

Edit: Preordered. I mean, I need a bigger TV anyway and might as well get 4K, right? Right. Purchase now thinly justified.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Seikenfreak

Hopefully they are taking inspiration from Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. I remember seeing it somehow, probably the budget section of a Walmart, and being like "weird.. wtf is this" and then being pleasantly surprised.

Operation Genesis definitely seems to have flown under the radar because I haven't seen anyone mention it in relation to this reveal, as if the idea hadn't been done before.

Also saw them mention something about an Age of Empires definitive edition as if it had already been announced? Im not aware of this. And then hinted at an announcement tomorrow so I hope they are making a new AoE.. been asking for that forever.. since 2.. because 3 was just "New World" era which is meh.

I do hope a final beta is announced for GT Sport as well, since that seemed to be hinted at by Kaz. Something more akin to a more feature complete test at the end of August is what I read.

Edit #400: That Minecraft xbox actually isn't too shabby. Usually all of these suck. The transparent bottom and light up redstone is cool. Not to mention the overall color scheme is pleasant and not gaudy like most of them are.

jimothyjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Jurassic Park game has potential. Did they go into any (useful) details?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the fuck was that last segment.... I feel like I just watched a late-night TV infomercial or something.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Super boring conference. I was hoping for something, anything but no. Pretty much just E3 all over again. The Xbox One X might be the worlds most powerful console and it seems like Microsoft are going about things better than Sony with over 100 games being upgraded to take advantage of that new power but without some brand new game to really wow us, it feels somewhat lacklustre.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

They're finally bringing the Design Lab controllers to Finland, so I might order one of those. Not gonna bite on the One X quite yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.