Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Do you play games on your living room TV or a separate, dedicated TV/monitor?

Contusio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Contusio

Poll Do you play games on your living room TV or a separate, dedicated TV/monitor? (127 votes)

Living room TV 37%
    Separate, dedicated TV/monitor 63%

I don't understand this obsession with having the xbox as the main hub for all entertainment in the household. Personally, I have a separate, dedicated TV for my gaming needs. Why? because other people in the household may want to watch TV when I sit through a 6 hour gaming marathon on sunday. Or because I don't want to be disturbed by the dog, the kids or the wife when I sit down for some quality gaming time. So why is Microsoft pushing this all-in-one entertainment concept?? I think they will loose the hardcore game (to PS4).

• 
    CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've never had a console hooked up to the main living room TV in my entire life.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My living room currently has 4 computer monitors and 2 tv's (a main one and my personal one) My consoles are hooked on to my personal tv.

Moonshadow101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Moonshadow101

My gaming PC and my consoles all run to the same screen, which is a desktop monitor.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well my TV my console is hooked up to is only really used for my xbox. I use it for games and streaming movie/shows. It is not in the living room.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Living room TV, but it's also dedicated since I don't use my TV for anything else.

Avatar image for somethingclever
    SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an xbox, Tivo and pc hooked up to every tv in my home. Plus a networked machine full of movies and music. So, I guess my answer is "yes".

darrenkhalaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mainly play games online on the computer separately and TV is placed in the main room.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nights

I have my consoles hooked up to my PC monitor (which is actually a TV). When I need to access non-gaming related media/entertainment, I just use my PC. That's why the idea of a "living room hub" doesn't appeal to me at all.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zeforgotten

I have PS3s and 360s hooked up to TVS in the basement next to the (horribly crafted) bar and also the TV in the living room.
    And my PC is hooked up to a monitor and TV as well.

So I'm pretty much just playing games all over the damn place.

hacksword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hacksword

I have a PC connected to my living room TV and a PC connected to my office monitor. I play games on both, but watch videos mostly on the living room TV.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

bedroom tv.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpoogeMcduck

I discovered that my widescreen monitor has hdmi in so as soon as I have my xbox back I'll be playing it on that. But I used to play on my 36 inch tube tv. Not the greatest of definition in the games :/

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have an Xbox in the living room that never gets used. I play my Xbox and PS3 on my bedroom tv.

Contusio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks every one for putting in your vote. It shows a 43% living room and 57% to dedicated TV. I'm surprised that its that close. I would have expected more votes towards the dedicated TV/monitor.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I have my consoles hooked up to our theater room TV if that counts, it's the best TV in the household. Consoles are probably what it gets most used for.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Technically, it's my bedroom television. I have two separate monitors for my computer that my consoles are never hooked up to and vice versa.

Caustic_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have my own monitor that I play games on. But gosh darn it, 20" is a little small for my preference. So A TV comes in handy to watch movies on. Eh... then again, some computer games throw a shit-fit and don't automatically change display resolution upon being launched when plugged into the TV. That's a little thing that I have to remember if I'm switching from a 16:10 monitor to 16:9 dumb TV.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

PS3 in the living room, 360 in the bedroom. The bedroom tv is only used with the 360 so I guess that one is dedicated but I prefer playing in the living room. I like playing local co-op and that shit only feels right in the living room.

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only thing i play on my 360 is Forza.

I have the 360's audio hooked up to my pc's soundcard, and the video to a second input on my pc monitor.
    So i can for example voice chat with my pals on mumble at the same time as i am playing Forza on the xbox, and when im done driving around the nürburg ring, I'm back in windows with the click of a button.

Im still unsure on how required the kinect is, but, as i am sitting at arms length from my monitor, i dont really see where i would put it, would really be a waste to have it plugged in all the time.

ValeYard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, totally agree with the premise of this thread. Man caves don't need this 'one' entertainment device concept. I go into my cave of evil to game and watch movies, TV used to be a living room thing with the wife until we cut the cable. Now she watches Youtube on her laptop in the living room!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The living room TV is the only TV in the house that doesn't have a console connected to it.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

As an apartment dweller I sleep, eat, fuck and yes play videogames in my living room. All my electronics are hooked up to one 47" TV and my computer is connected to a separate monitor as well.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

bedroom tv.

Same here.

This poll needed an "other".

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Opps.. wish I could revote. I have a specific room where I do my console gaming. Coincidentally it has a DVR in it as well for the purpose of catching up on recorded shows late at night when everyone else is asleep. The room is set up like a living room though. It's nothing fancy except for the fact that it's where the stereo system is, current gen game collection, and both a PS3 and a 360. So in a way I guess It's kind of a living room...? What the hell defines a living room anyway?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I have no consoles and I must PC.

yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

bedroom tv.

Same here.

This poll needed an "other".

I AGREE! This is discriminatory behavior! - I play games on my livingroom TV, AND it is the ONLY TV I have. It also is my PC screen. Oh and I never watch TV shows.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

My PS3 is hooked up to my TV on my desk, which, when I'm not using my PS3, acts as my second monitor. My 360 hasn't been hooked up in something like three and a half years.

So yeah; I'm not even slightly the target audience for this thing.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

My PS3 is hooked up to my TV on my desk, which, when I'm not using my PS3, acts as my second monitor. My 360 hasn't been hooked up in something like three and a half years.

So yeah; I'm not even slightly the target audience for this thing.

I feel you, duder. Same here. Dual monitors for life.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Justin258

I have a small PC monitor to my left and a pretty good TV that also serves as a computer monitor directly in front of me; everything is hooked up to this TV. Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, my brother's PS3 for now, and my PC. I also have a laptop next to me. I also have a pretty good stereo and Turtlebeach headphones set up.

I am not lacking for media entertainment in my room, and I don't need an Xbox one as an all-in-one media hub. I have a PC for that.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gaming PC and my consoles all run to the same screen, which is a desktop monitor.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#33  Edited By metalsnakezero

Have my consoles in the living room, sharing a LCD screen with a cable box.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS3 and and Xbox 360 in the living room on a 40 inch LCD television. Computer is in my room with my main router. One cable goes out to a switch in the living room which connects my consoles. No idea what I'm going to do with my new systems but I also just purchased a projector so I'm considering gaming on that. Especially PC games.

ChaosDent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ChaosDent

At the moment, my living room just has a stereo system with no TV. My home office has 2 PCs and a PS3 hooked up to a stereo and 3 monitors. I do all my video gaming and movie/TV show watching from my comfy office chair.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.