Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Glitchy after update?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By handlas

Anyone experiences issue with their system after the update?

Hasn't done this until now. Generally when I shut off my system I close whatever game I have instead of leaving it active.

Well, now most of the time when I start the system up the last game I played will start up by itself and the home screen with start flickering across the middle. I can fix it by closing the game but if I do that I cannot start the game back up. I have to restart the entire system. Rather annoying.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Haven't got around to updating yet, because it doesn't automatically do it when starting it up, (which is really odd to me). But from what I've heard, no issues so far. Did they add the function to launch games that are in the drive, like the 360 had? Maybe that's why yours is doing it?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By handlas

@nickhead said:

Haven't got around to updating yet, because it doesn't automatically do it when starting it up, (which is really odd to me). But from what I've heard, no issues so far. Did they add the function to launch games that are in the drive, like the 360 had? Maybe that's why yours is doing it?

That's the odd thing is that it's a downloaded game. There's no disk in the console! Maybe there is an option somewhere to start up whatever game you played last or something. Doubtful I'd think though because that would be an annoyance and that doesn't explain the glitchy home screen when it happens. Just hoping my system isn't crapping out or something. Haven't heard anyone say anything about it either so I guess it's just my own issue.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Do you use the instant-on functionality? I don't know, but I have not had the best experience with that.. rather buggy. Don't really have any new issues with this latest update.

I would advise anyone to use Power-Saving instead of instant-on. The Xbone itself is still kinda shitty though.

GhostHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By GhostHouse

Always a good idea to do a hard reset after a big update (hold the front power button down for about 5 seconds). It solves most problems.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

@superfriend: I forgot that this console had that "feature". OP that could very well be the problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.