Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One

Platform »

The Xbox One is Microsoft's third video game console. It was released on November 22nd 2013 in 13 countries.

Just an update for TCL 6 series users with the Xbox One: Dolby Vision is now accessible.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm not sure how many people have the TCL 6 series or cares about Dolby Vision I suppose, but I just wanted to point out that TCL had just put out an update to their TV's, or at least mine so far, which allows for Dolby Vision to be enabled. Some people have been having issues because of the way Microsoft went about implementing Dolby Vision, so I'm not really sure how other TV manufacturers have tried to tackle the issue or if they had yet, I just know that TCL has updated their TV to now support it. I'm kind of excited, I'm going to try it out with some movies. Has anyone else had this issue and has it been fixed? I made a thread about this a month or two ago about the issue and no one responded, but I'm curious if it has been fixed for anyone else or if it was ever an issue?

Edit - Eh, so much for being excited. I'm happy TCL updated the TV to support it, but I personally can't use it because I don't use Netflix that supports 4K HDR, and I just found out that it's only Netflix on the Xbox One X that uses it, so UHD Blu-rays are a no go as I had just tried 2001: A Space Odyssey. Really unfortunate, but oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.