New Xbox One Experience is live

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Got the download for the NXOE this morning, and I really like the interface. Seems to run quickly, and I like the new guide.

I'm having an issue finding my Backwards Compatible games though - they should show up in the "Ready to Install" area but are not. Any suggestions?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#2 chaser324  Moderator

Good luck! There's definitely some improvements in the NXOE, but in general, anyone that's been in the preview program will probably agree that this thing isn't ready for primetime. Even Microsoft agrees that this thing needed some more time in the oven.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@chaser324: Sign in problems are a common issue if you've used Windows 10 on anything. "Hey. HEY. YOUR OUTLOOK SETTINGS ARE OUT OF DATE. SIGN IN." I hardly see any of those other things as a serious issue.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the backwards compatible games will show up in your list at 3:00PM today not AM like the update did, I was a bit confused last night too, till I read Major Nelson's post.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

If you are having sign-in issues, try doing a hard reset on your console after the update. It worked for me on three of the Xbox Ones at work that were having issues. They are the only three that have been updated at this point.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By notnert427

I've had it for a month as part of the preview program. I haven't really had any major issues with it. I did have to re-sign in, but everything since has worked, save the NFL app signing me out of my yahoo fantasy league repeatedly, which may or may not have anything to do with the new interface at all. The Kinect voice recognition seems a tad worse, which wouldn't be all that surprising since I imagine they rerouted some of the processing power from that to help address the interface's prior latency, and it does seem faster there, FWIW. I'm curious to see how the BC stuff works this evening.

From my experience, it's not perfect, but it's not broken or anything, either. I didn't hate the old interface as much as most seemed to, though (which may have something to do with actually owning a Kinect and using voice commands to obviate some navigation shortcomings). Things running a bit faster is nice, but if it indeed comes at a cost of less-responsive voice commands as I suspect, that's kind of a wash for me. One issue that I haven't taken the time yet to figure out with the new interface is the changes to the snap functionality via the controller. I liked the prior Xbox button double-tap system, so I need to figure out what they replaced that with. The new interface looks a bit more slick overall; I'll give it that.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

Since upgrading I haven't been getting achievement pop-ups. Anyone else experiencing that? Kind of annoying.

@notnert427: Snap works the same way. Bottom icon of the new in-game dash, which you double tap to get to.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: Snap works the same way. Bottom icon of the new in-game dash, which you double tap to get to.

Ah. Missed that icon down on the bottom. Thanks for the heads-up.

Also of note, backwards compatibility seems to be working. ACII is downloading for me right now.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

So I was able to install my Fallout 3 GOTY content from the disc, which was mindblowing (that it just let me download stuff without going through the launcher on the disc), but once I launched Fallout 3 and loaded up a save, the DLC wasn't recognized at all in game. Anyone else run into this?

Must be something that's being worked on, I hope. It doesn't make sense for them to program in behavior for the DLC disc and then not have that DLC work.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ugh my login icon is a circle now that's it i'm cancelling my xbox one.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seems to have forgotten my network after the update. gotta love how it displays the full plain text password by default when you enter it.

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Frybird  Online

Soooo....outside of the different UI, the renewed Guide and the backwards compability (that does not really seem to be a part of the new firmware), are there any more features i'm missing?

Not really complaining, just wondering. (But while talking about complaints, it now again takes more button presses to just launch the game in the Disc Tray / Game Library, which is a regular dumb problem with XBox UIs for a long time)

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frybird: Welll.. there is a ton of stuff. Some are under the hood like windows 10 and the ability to be abe to develop any windows 10 app for the xbox. But also,:
streaming to your pc,... soon the other way around
Revamped party system
You can customize your buttons settings on the controller ( remember tat huge update ps4 received a couple of months ago?)
You can use a magnifier at any point anywhere on the screen
There's the new beta app program in which you can try apps before they are release like the calendar app.
etc.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I still can't record OTA TV.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't believe they actually made a working 360 VM for the Xbone. Blows my mind when I launch a 360 game and it just works (most the the time).

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still can't believe they actually made a working 360 VM for the Xbone. Blows my mind when I launch a 360 game and it just works (most the the time).

That certainly is an impressive feat. I can't imagine what kind of insane programming went into that. I really hope they capitalize on this technology by filling out the BC library, for the sake of both gamers and the code monkeys MS probably locked in the basement to make it happen.

Wildo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I still can't record OTA TV.

I think I heard spring 2016 for this somewhere (April sticks out in my mind), but casual perusal of the internet finds nothing to confirm.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildo: yea, I'm just glad it's still in the pipeline.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else think it's laggy?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I was amazed, my Xbox One download and installed the update while it was turned off. I just turned it on and bam, there it is. I really like how you just press left to get to your friends list and can press X to instantly make parties.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Captain_Insano

@ravensword: I find the new interface really snappy, everything seems to move really quickly (this is especially noticeable when I hold down my guide button to turn off the console).

I don't really like the new lay out though - I know part of that is just adjusting to it but I didn't mind the previous iteration.

They need to fix their store front. I actually want to buy some stuff but it is impossible to find anything at all.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been using it for a few days and haven't had many problems besides achievement alerts not popping up sometimes.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that this is better than the absolute garbage that was the previous UI right? Does anyone want to go back to that shit?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_insano: it's weird. Sometimes it's snappy, some time it seems slow. That's why I'm worried that my update some how was corrupted or something. During the reboot after it was downloaded and it powered down I did hit the power button on my controller. So I'm hoping the console didn't try to tourn itself back on while it was powering down. I know that sounds weird.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ravensword

I think my only way to solve this issue is to just buy the physical copy of the master chief collection. I honestly tried everything else to get the digital version to work.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#26  Edited By falconer

@ravensword: If you're having an issue with a game I can't imagine having a disc would fix anything. The disc is just an authentication tool, and the game still runs off of the hard drive.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could me hitting the home button on my controller during the install reboot have caused issues with the install. I just hope it didn't try to turn itself back on while it was rebooting or something.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought an Xbox One last week, set it up with the old UI, went out of town for 3 days, and then came home to the new UI. It's a bit trippy.

I did not have enough of a baseline on the old UI to really compare it, but while the new UI moves pretty quickly, it seems cumbersone and poorly organized when you just want to start the system and quickly get to your games.

I also found it jarring that when I put in my first disc game, the console did not do anything with it until I found the little tile for it and manually told the system to install the game - I'm used to PS4 prepping games automatically when inserted (this might be just me not knowing what settings to tweak). The initial disc installation for COD AW also took about 45 minutes which feels INSANE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.